Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 02:15 AM

14 posts, read 74,229 times

Advertisements

Our family lived in Twin Peaks over a year before we moved to Carlsbad (San Diego County). The commute down the mountain was not bad, even in snow. Now we are moving back to SB County sans kids and I will have to teach off the mountain. We really wanted to try Big Bear because of the lake (public as opposed to private at Lake Arrowhead), but is the commute down to San Bernardino from Big Bear just too difficult?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2006, 01:15 PM

12 posts, read 67,612 times
I was there once, 20 years ago w/ a friends family for a week & I remember it as being beautiful.

Old 12-31-2006, 03:21 AM

1 posts, read 11,265 times
Default Crestline

It is a fact that you have good and bad in every city. I just moved to Crestline in Oct of 06. I love the mountains; it's great for raising children. The people up here are wonderful. If there is any mountain community I hear alot of trash talk about it's Twin Peaks. You are going to have to determine for your self by visiting. Again, I hear alot of bad talk about every city in the world. You just have to stay away from trouble. Good Luck

Old 02-25-2007, 03:05 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,198,514 times
I was born and raised in Big Bear. Lived there for 17 years and my sister still lives there with her husband. They have lived there for 60 years. I love Big Bear! They have small town activities and great seasons. Many people commute down the hill for work just to be able to have their homes in Big Bear. Not a lot of industry up there. Schools were good to me...I mean it's not at all unusual to know the teachers personally so if your child starts to slip you will be the first to know it. The population has grown and with that the crime/drugs have risen. But there are many ways, if you get involved, to keep your children safe and happy. Skiing was my personal activity along with many school activities. Housing is not expensive up in Big Bear but the utilities can be.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:47 AM

3 posts, read 52,069 times
Talking Stay Away from Crestline!

Those of us who are full time, long term residents of Lake Gregory (not VOE or Crustline) wish you would stay away! We don't like weekenders or flatlanders invading our space and looky-looing in our windows to see if real people live in the pines. Don't even get me started on flatlanders when it snows!!

The fact that you are a weekender explains why you have had two break ins, an empty house is an easy mark. This is why those like you who are spoiled enough to have two, count em' two houses, get security alarms, uh like down the hill.

You should sell and leave if you don't like it; try San Antonio Texas, it's cheap, pretty, has nice weather, and you can live in bliss with the scorpions and centepedes.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:52 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,654,906 times
Wow - I'll admit Lake Gregory is nicer then Crestline and VOE.

I lived in Lake Arrowhead for 10 years and then when I got married moved to Crestline (off Skyland)

I personally think that it's not an unheard of OPINION - to state that Crestline is "not that great" (especially towards VOE or Top Town etc)

But these are people's opinions only - not fighting words. People should come to these forums to see what everyone thinks - since we all are different

Old 05-22-2007, 12:01 PM

89 posts, read 498,341 times
What's happened to Crestline? People are saying it's bad, but not explaining. I lived there in 1969 to '70, and it was just beautiful, and I felt very safe. Used to go hiking for hours at a time. The houses up on Arosa Drive were spaced far apart and my best friend lived up the hill from me a bit. She's in Oregon now, I'm in Kansas.

There was a sweet little beauty salon, a decent grocery store that I think is still there, only remodelled. The neighbors were good.

The few dogs that roamed free liked me and would come visit, and sometimes they'd accompany me on my many long walks.

It was a wonderful place to be back then.

Please tell me what's happened to my dear Crestline.

Janet

Old 05-22-2007, 02:01 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,654,906 times
Wow - that's nearly 40 years ago

Every place changes, Crestline included. It's still a decent small little town, but just a bit sketchier then most towns (Lake Arrowhead, Running Springs etc) then the rest of the mountain.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 11,155 times
Default Sb Stats

SB county is the largest in the nation. Of course crime stats are going to be high.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:27 PM

9 posts, read 164,856 times
I lived in Lake Arrowhead for 4 years and sold Real Estate there before moving back down the mountain. My daughter went to high school there and never had a problem with drugs. I think the drug problem can happen anywhere. We loved it in Lake Arrowhead and only moved because I did not want my daughter to be communting up and down the mountain to go to college. Regular driving on those RIM roads (like if commuting daily) is a bigger issue than drugs. The weather is at times very hazardous if you HAVE to commute. If you have flexibility of schedule then it is a wonderful place to be. Obviously as could be seen recently, there are fire risks...but it seems those are everywhere in CA. Though I am not working in Arrowhead now, I do have some maps and MLS data available on my website if you are interested. Real Estate in Southern California, Southern California Real Estate, Southern California Realtors, Kim Krones, Homes for Sale in Inland Empire, Orange County, Los Angeles County, Mountain Resorts - Home Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties