Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: where would you rather live?
Hemet- San Jacinto area 3 15.79%
Lake Elsinore 6 31.58%
Beaumont 10 52.63%
Perris 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 08:14 AM

3,715 posts, read 5,265,255 times

Advertisements

hi! i decided to find out which town is best and why. All of these towns grew very quickly in the last 10 years and are in the same region
But where would you rather live? From what i see all of them are affordable (you can get newer house for under 250k)
Which town has the best downtown, job opportunities, safest neighborhoods? I see a lot of complaining about traffic in the area but it doesnt surprise me :P all of south california has that problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 11:21 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,198 times
Lake Elsinore is closer to Orange and San Diego counties. They all boast good areas, but LE is simply closer to things.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:17 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,539 times
In some ways they're all very similar - but there are differences.

that1guy is right, Lake Elsinore is definitely closer to Orange County - the Ortega Highway is a great way to get San Juan Capistrano! It's also closer to San Diego and Los Angeles, simply because it's a little further west than the other areas. Plus Lake Elsinore has the lake and a cute downtown area with some nice restaurants - it's my choice for best downtown of the cities you've listed!

Hemet and San Jacinto have a small town feel - and they're also pretty self-contained - most residents don't leave the valley all that much. No major highways pass through the area - which makes a difference. 100 years ago, or even 50 years ago, Hemet was the most developed of the areas you've listed, and it still has a more "substantial" city feel. The Hemet Valley almost feels like it's own little county, separate from the rest of Riverside County.

Perris and Beaumont are both built right by major highways - so they have a very different vibe than Hemet or Lake Elsinore. To me, Perris feels like a suburb of Riverside - it can be hard to tell where Riverside ends and Perris starts. Beaumont is a little more rural, and it's a little higher in elevation. They both have a few historic buildings in their downtown areas, but neither downtown is as developed as in Lake Elsinore or Hemet.

You mention that all four areas grew quickly in the last ten years - but I would say that growth impacted Hemet the least - it's still pretty much the town my Grandma grew up in - just a little bigger with some new houses on the West End. Lake Elsinore actually feels like two separate cities now - the older part around the lake, and then the newer gated communities closer to the freeway. But to me, Perris is the one that seems the most impacted by the new growth - it went from being a very small town, to a suburb with lots of new houses and some chain stores - and more than double the population.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:54 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,981,130 times
I wouldn`t want to live in any of these places. They are all crappy areas.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:56 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,427,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
I wouldn`t want to live in any of these places. They are all crappy areas.
Can you give any verifiable reasons why?
Have you lived in all 4 areas?
Or is it because you're just unhappy there?

I've heard it said that if you're unhappy with where you live - 90% depends on you, 5% depends on what area of the city you live in and the remaining 5% depends on the actual city government machinations .

Old 12-30-2009, 02:16 PM

Yes, been to every one of these areas. Have you ever lived in a nice area before? That makes a big difference in how someone compares one area to another.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:02 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,265,255 times
maybe if someone is not into new development and cukkie cutter nieghborhood they may not like it. lol but they are older neighborhoods as well.
other than that i cant undersand why you think these areas are crappy? I think you never been to a crappy place before if you think these towns are bad
ohh and btw they cant be that bad if they are all growing that fast, no1 would move there lol

Old 12-30-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Yes, been to every one of these areas. Have you ever lived in a nice area before? That makes a big difference in how someone compares one area to another.
I have lived in nice areas and so-called crappy areas. It's not as if these are the slums and ghettos of SoCal. Sure, these areas are slightly more rural and out of the way...but that's not a bad thing. These areas boast average to slightly higher than average incomes (as compared to the state), and average crime rates.

It personally bugs me when people have such a superiority complex.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:32 PM

wow, superiority complex, LOL. That has nothing to do how I feel about the areas. I never said that a rural area was crappy.You`re totaly taking me out of context. There are a lot of nice rural areas and they aren`t one of them. Matter of fact, I love rural areas.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
wow, superiority complex, LOL. That has nothing to do how I feel about the areas. I never said that a rural area was crappy.You`re totaly taking me out of context. There are a lot of nice rural areas and they aren`t one of them. Matter of fact, I love rural areas.
It's just the tone that you convey when writing such highly subjective comments, that you know will incite such a reaction.

The implication being that you feel that these areas are somehow inferior. However, the reality is that these areas are simply middle of the road areas for the most part.

Look, I'd much rather move back to the Central Coast, but the greater IE isn't a hellhole as well.

Sorry if I did misinterpret, however, it was a really direct comment and rather blunt...which is kind of hard to not take any other way than what is written.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties