Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 11:39 PM

3 posts, read 18,838 times

Advertisements

Reasons to move to Hemet:
1. I just rented a 3 bedroom house with front (gravel) lawn, paved back patio an garage for $750 a month, my rent in putrid LA is $1800 going up for a 2 beroom apartment.
2. Brilliant rabbi in Hemet.
3. Cops are doing real work, not a ticket quota city where cops are money generators.
4. Yes it will be hot for a few months in the summer but its dry, nice otherwise.
5. Streets are not congested like LA, you can get somewhere in 10-15 minutes.
6. Plenty of shopping, WINCO is so cheap for groceries that you can eat good.

There are a lot more reasons, but to each their own. How someone could live 16 years in a place they hate is beyond me.

Woops, I hate LA and the crooked mayor and the crooked city council and the crooked county government, and I lived here fifteen years but then I had an established business with too many profitable customers to leave, now I can take what I have and get out of this grifter town of LA. $68 for overtime parking thanks to mayor villan-grossa and a crooked city council.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 04:39 PM

5 posts, read 21,827 times
Get involved with get back HEMET and drive those scum out and be more involved with Hemets politics!!! We are new here 2010 and there are so much potential here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachinU View Post
Please don't make the same mistake we did.

1. Only a few 'ok' schools.
2. No safe passage way for kids walking to school which is required by each city.
3. Flooding-many times its so deep it cover all of your tires.
4. Drugs
5. Hookers and their rat infested hotels on Florida ave.
6. Over crowded everywhere
7. the DMV
8. No upscale shopping or dinning.
9. Racial tension at all schools and levels
10. The roads thrash your car
11. no landscaping of maintinence of the city, how much can you do to poop
12. over crowded ER-very mediocer hospital
13. the guy following you in the parking asking for change for drugs
14. An el toro market or cardenas on every street.
15. No safe entertainment for kid/teens
16 no place for a special occasion. Am i going to go to Mimi's for a 20th anniversary??
17. Most streets are lacking sidewalks completely . aka Park ave.
19. The traffic around the welfare office when its CHECK time.
20. No trader joes, costco, whole foods.
21. Hemet's STARS at Megan's Law
22. growing crime and homelessness
23. The traffic lights
24. very old movie theaters, meaning rundown
25. The abandoned business building
26. 100s of forclosers
27. only one nice hotel-Hampton inn
28. Middle schools are failing. they are horrible
29. It takes an hour to drive out of this town if you want to go somewhere nice and do something fun or fancy.
30.Nice neighbors are 2 miles from the ghettos. So shopping is shared.

Its late I will finish another time. Of coarse the losers will move here no matter what, but if you are a family, with job and with kids, dont live in Hemet.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:26 AM

Wink I HAVE moved to Hemet, love it here

I moved here in April and with the exception of the total dingbats at the Time Warner call center sending the cable TV techs back to my old address in LA instead of my new place in Hemet I've had NO problems with the people of Hemet or the city, in fact Hemet has the nicest police I've ever heard of.

In putting a broom I had just bought in my car I accidentally knocked down my handicap placard. When I came out of another store there was a "COURTESY NOTICE" on my windshield reminding me that the placard has to be on the rear view mirror and that it couldn't just be on the dashboard. Instead of a $325 fine, there was a warning notice. If this was LA the meter maids would be high fiving each other over giving a ticket to someone who had the placard on the dashboard instead of the rear view mirror.

And, I was involved in an auto accident on the 10 Freeway and was taken to the El Monte Hospital. When I needed to get back to Hemet, I didn't have my cell phone with me but remembered the address of a friend that could probably pick me up and get me home.

I called the Hemet cops and told them I was at the hospital in El Monte and would it be possible for a cop to go by my friend's home and tell her the phone number where I was at and ask her to call me. Now I didn't believe for a minute they would do this, certainly not in LA, but the operator said yes they would but it could take a half hour because all the cars were out on calls. About a half hour later I got a call from my friend who said she would pick me up.

Someone in the police department actually has a policy of helping people, of training the officers to help people and the cops themselves helping people. There was no obligation to help me out, this is just a great police force. Of course if you were a drug dealer who had just been arrested you might have another opinion.

No city is perfect, but this is the nicest place to live I have ever been since I left home in Iowa at 17 and I hope I never move again unless it is to Israel.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 6,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachinU View Post
Please don't make the same mistake we did.

1. Only a few 'ok' schools.
2. No safe passage way for kids walking to school which is required by each city.
3. Flooding-many times its so deep it cover all of your tires.
4. Drugs
5. Hookers and their rat infested hotels on Florida ave.
6. Over crowded everywhere
7. the DMV
8. No upscale shopping or dinning.
9. Racial tension at all schools and levels
10. The roads thrash your car
11. no landscaping of maintinence of the city, how much can you do to poop
12. over crowded ER-very mediocer hospital
13. the guy following you in the parking asking for change for drugs
14. An el toro market or cardenas on every street.
15. No safe entertainment for kid/teens
16 no place for a special occasion. Am i going to go to Mimi's for a 20th anniversary??
17. Most streets are lacking sidewalks completely . aka Park ave.
19. The traffic around the welfare office when its CHECK time.
20. No trader joes, costco, whole foods.
21. Hemet's STARS at Megan's Law
22. growing crime and homelessness
23. The traffic lights
24. very old movie theaters, meaning rundown
25. The abandoned business building
26. 100s of forclosers
27. only one nice hotel-Hampton inn
28. Middle schools are failing. they are horrible
29. It takes an hour to drive out of this town if you want to go somewhere nice and do something fun or fancy.
30.Nice neighbors are 2 miles from the ghettos. So shopping is shared.

Its late I will finish another time. Of coarse the losers will move here no matter what, but if you are a family, with job and with kids, dont live in Hemet.
I moved to Hemet at the beginning of this summer and am going to school here. While I do agree some of public schools aren't the best options especially once you start looking for high schools, there is a certain branch of charter schools called River Spring Charter School that are amazing. They are small school with a lot of one on one time spent with students. I moved from eastern San Diego and when I told some Hemet citizens this they immediately replied, "why?", as if I was insane, but I can truthfully say it is a lovely small town with very friendly people and I do not plan on leaving for a very long time.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:56 PM

22 posts, read 47,082 times
I have been in Hemet on and off since 1987. Other then directly downtown where you have some homeless, Hemet is a nice town. It's not as nice as it used to be but overall Hemet is still a nice place to live. Come and check it out.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:49 AM

Most any place you live is what you make it. I've been here since April of 2013, now almost February 2014 and overall it is still a nice place to live. Housing is affordable and for seniors that is a critical factor as the apartment I had in LA has doubled in price from when I first moved in due to gentrification of the neighborhood.

There are annoyances, not big but annoying. The city water department had me jumping though hoops for a deposit on water service then used that deposit for the next bill. I sent a check for the water bill last month and didn't see it clear on my checking account. When I tried to call the water company offices at the number on their bill, I got a main number for the city and after FOUR minutes of punching buttons on the insanely useless mis-programmed voicemail it supposedly rang the water department three times before dropping my call.

A normal person would think that you would call a number for the water department and get the water department, someone would answer, after all the minimum bill is over $100 due to the taxes funding the city so you would think there would be enough money to have a real person answer the phone or at least it would ring directly to that office but not.

So, if an incompetent voicemail is the worst I have to deal with in city government here, I can live with that and drive there in person.

And yes, there are drugs here just as there are everywhere. The cops do investigations, people I know have turned in dealers and maybe something is being done about it, maybe not so much, you never know because investigations can be slow and methodical trying to get to the major dealers instead of quick action on the small fry.

If the country really wanted to get rid of hard drugs it would be easy but even our obumma moron in the White House smoked grass and doesn't care if America is destroyed by drugs. Want to get rid of coke, heroin, meth? Easy.

You set a date after which anyone who sells hard drugs gets a first offense ten year sentence on a chain gang, any kind of community work in the hot sun and the nasty cold. Every day you work you get two days off your sentence, don't want to work, you sit on a metal folding chair under temporary shelter watching the others work and get your one day off your sentence. TV reports of people working in the hot sun for a minimum of five years, not less, would dry up the supply of people willing to sell drugs. No sellers, no new addicts.

Of course the leftist communists in the ACLU, the California legislature and the federal congress would rather coddle dealers in prison and let them out early, don't be harsh on people who destroy the lives of others by selling drugs.

A brilliant professor in Maine did a study that showed 90% of all the prisoners in the Maine State Prison had never committed a violent crime. His suggestion was that they take all those felons and put them sixty miles deep in the woods cutting wood to warm poor people in the harsh winters. No bars, no walls, just lock up their boots at night and if they want to try to escape barefoot and walk sixty miles, let them try.

The convicted drug sellers in chain gangs could be housed in desert facilities. You work six days a week, you get an air conditioned cell at night. You refuse to work, you get a cot inside a tall razor wire fence at night with blankets as needed in cold months. Harsh? Yes, but only for a few as just about no one is afraid of prison now, but five years working outside on a chain gang would be an immediate deterrent for drug dealers, ten years for not working but outside in the same conditions, real punishment instead of feeling sorry that they couldn't get a better job than selling drugs.

So, if you are worried about drugs in Hemet, not a big deal, they are everywhere and while they destroy lives you have the ACLU and all the leftist scum in the state feeling sorry for the dealers who get caught not for the people whose lives are destroyed. My partner's granddaughter is going to lose her child to CPS because she is a heroin addict and could go to treatment, doesn't and the state pays over $700 a month for foster care.

Prisons may be too expensive, but chain gangs are just the right price and you wouldn't need many, drug dealers would find another profession quickly. With the heat in Hemet, this would be a perfect place to start the first CA chain gang. Serve by example.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:22 AM

6 posts, read 15,566 times
From 1978 to 1993, I lived in Moreno and watched it change for the worst. I left when I heard the sheriff's helicopter every night, gunfire and hardcore LA gang bangers became a common sight. My time in Hemet/San Jacinto from 93 until about 5 years ago was pretty nice. Quiet, low crime and no aggressive beggars.

Fast forward and now I hear the sheriff's helicopter every night, gunfire is common and gang bangers and trash, have moved in, just like in Moreno Valley.

On three separate occasions, I almost had to kill someone because they became very aggressive, when I refused to give them money. Because of my employment, I carry a gun and honestly, dont leave home without it now.

We have parolees, and trash from Riverside, Mo Val, San Bernardino and LA County, in our city now.

There was a time when even low income folks had a certain code, you would have NEVER seen a mother with pink curlers and pajamas, smoking a cigarette, yelling on a cell phone, while 4 kids trail her ranging from ages 8 to 2 years walking down the street at 3pm with a two year old walking in just a diaper and snot running down his nose all the while the female, is yelling or should I say, communicating in, "Ghetto," dropping F bombs then asking MY WIFE for money.

I grew up dirt poor but we were always clean and polite, many of the life forms moving into this valley are scum, plain and simple.

I am leaving within 3 years, my pension will allow me to leave and buy elsewhere. I would stay if I thought there was a chance to save this community, but I have learned form experience, it will get much, much worse. Scum and gang members are like a virus, once they establish themselves in the community, they act like a lethal virus. If you DO NOT CONTAIN the problem, it spreads through the community and kills the host city, destroying the quality of life for those who actually WORK for a living.

If you dont believe me, look what they did to Moreno Valley and San Bernardino.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:55 PM

6 posts, read 31,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxanne32 View Post
You forgot to mention that for years people grew potatoes out in Hemet,CA and so no matter how nice the home more than likely you will end up with one of four things in your house... 1. an infestation of cockroaches I mean really go for a walk at night anywhere in Hemet and you are guaranteed to see humungous sized roaches near bushes since they don't come out at night. The regular size ones come to your home. 2. an infestation of ants and most likely they will be red ants because they exist in Hemet like crazy. 3. If your child goes to school you are guaranteed to get almost bi-weekly to at least once a month messages on your phone or answering machine stating that some child was approached by an individual either on the way to school or home trying to lure the child away with a small discription of the person and if necessary car. 4. Hemet was originally built for the elderly and farmers and so the state sent thousands of known sex offenders and child molesters to Hemet after their release from jail and now children and families are moving to Hemet check Megan's Law.com my friend lives there and did just within 5 miles of her home there are 193 registered sex offenders and child molesters and she lives across the street from a MIDDLE SCHOOL! This is because if a known sex offender or child molester was living there BEFORE the school was put up they can not be forced to leave. One man who sexually assualted 3 minors who is listed lives right NEXT DOOR to Ramona Elementary School! So if you do make the mistake of moving to Hemet guard your kids! Just visiting her I have seen several different missing children posters up all over town of two teenage boys and a teenage girl missing currently!
See this link:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Hemet-California.html

Rape in 2011: 15
Burglary : 1173.

I would say burglary is a much bigger problem than rape from the latest city data?

Old 02-24-2014, 07:30 PM

6 posts, read 31,640 times
Some good news about what the police department and city is doing to improve safety and quality in this community

Hemet Community Looks to Reclaim Parks Overtaken by Homeless, Gangs | NBC Southern California

Old 02-24-2014, 08:36 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,920,840 times
Come to Temecula you will like it I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties