Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 7,244 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]We are moving to the area and looking for neighborhoods with HOA’s that have community pools. I would appreciate it if anyone could give me some info on some neighborhoods that have private community pools or any links to HOA websites. Also I would love to hear about anyone’s personal preference on elementary schools in the area….ie was your experience at the school good. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Thanks in advance.[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 11:41 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,683,410 times
Paloma Del Sol and Paseo Del Sol both have community pools and trails. Paseo is the more upscale in my experience(if I recall correctly). The schools that those developments attend seem solid in our research

Old 02-05-2010, 10:43 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,568,568 times
Vintage Hills, Chardonnay Hills, and Temeku Hills all have pools as well.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:17 PM

31 posts, read 201,624 times
So does Morgan Hill, Northstar Ranch and Harveston. All communities mentioned are nice and will provide schools with quality educations. Really comes down to personal preference and location. Really can't go wrong with any of them. When making your decision make sure to find out what the prevailing total taxes are as they will vary from one community to another and may influence your final decision.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:17 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,568,568 times
^^^^^very good advice regarding total taxes
Some neighborhoods will cost an owner a lot more to live in due to Mello Roos plus HOA fees, so really take that into consideration when choosing your house!

Old 02-07-2010, 04:04 PM

46 posts, read 187,289 times
Five or ten years ago I would not bat an eye of focusing on a community pool. Now I would focus on living within your financial means, and financial savings. All Temecula schools are safe and well academically in their own way, and hence four years goes by quickly, if you plan to stay in Temecula go for a lower tax bracket. We are currently in Morgan Hill a very high tax bracket but Great Oak school. We bought low and plan to leave when children are done with high school. We have a community pool but if it is not heated you can only swim a few months. Go for the lower tax bracket and save money. It is a differerent world now. We talked to a lot of people in their 60s they wished they would of not put in pools and would of rather of had money at 60 then a pool at 30 and 40 years old.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:28 AM

14 posts, read 58,966 times
The best 'bang for your buck' when it comes to community pools / HOA's is Temeku Hills. The only community in Temecula that can compete is Harveston. But Harveston is uptight and costs double what you pay at Temeku Hills. For the HOA fee's you get a very nice clubhouse with a gym, lounges, a huge pool, kids play ground, monthly concerts, events and attached to a bar/grill. Most other HOA's offer just a boring community pool with no club house or any events etc.

So in a nutshell if you want the best HOA I would go with Temeku Hills

Old 04-20-2011, 09:01 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,371,854 times
We lived in Harveston for a couple years - We didn't get to enjoy the pool as much as I would have liked but did get to attend many of the community events (concerts, parties, Mother's Day and Father's day events). In addition - the community backs up to a great Temecula Park where they had movies in the park during the summer.

We looked at a few places in Temeuku Hills (and might have even put in some offers) but ended up buying in Harveston (first offer that was expected). But my impression was that it was also a very nice community.

HarvestonNews.com has come info on Harveston - it run by a husband/wife real estate team

LakeLife.org is the "official site" for the residents, but you can request a log-on for the public parts of the site re: features/parks/pools

Old 04-22-2011, 06:08 PM

4 posts, read 15,333 times
I currently live in Paloma Del Sol. We have 5 pools and two of them are heated year round. We also have awesome walking trails and parks. However, I think Paseo del Sol is nicer with bigger houses. I am not sure about the pools being heated year round in Paseo, but the elementary school is great. Vintage Hills is also nice with pools/clubhouse and a great school. Vintage Hills has some really fun holiday parties. Temeku Hills and Chardonnay Hills are very nice and have pools, but I have heard some complain about the middle school not being super great that those neighborhoods are zoned for. Harveston is very cute, but seems crowded. I haven't lived there or know anyone who has. I know Vintage and Paseo have a lower tax rate, but not sure about the others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties