Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2010, 12:40 PM

169 posts, read 698,195 times

Advertisements

I googled for new development in that area and found none? Are there certain areas of Redlands that are nicer than others? Are homes there tract ones or customed? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 10:01 PM

93 posts, read 279,059 times
I know there has been some new stuff there prior to the current recession. There's definitely custom homes in Redlands, particularly if you go up in the hills. Plus some really cool historic housing too. But right now if you search for new homes in most places in the Inland Empire you're not going to find much as we've been hit hard by the housing slowdown.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:02 PM

123 posts, read 357,391 times
I agree with mikelovato, there isn't much building going on. You'll want to stay to the South side of the 10 fwy for the nicer homes. There's quite a historic district in Redlands. There are beautiful homes to be had I'm sure but the price tag is way up there for the big Queen Annes, but there's also some nice craftsman homes. If you are looking for new-ish cookie cutter houses try Yucaipa. The town has been getting a face lift and there are a lot of new improvements, new schools, remodeled high school, restaurants, etc. With there real estate market still recessed you could pick up a nice tract home for a reasonable price.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:45 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,014,359 times
The area near miller high school off colton ave (towards mentone) is quite newly developed, clean & nice. I saw a new big 2 story house with a for rent sign on the lawn. The rent was $2,250.00 month. It has since been rented.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:04 AM

105 posts, read 374,339 times
There are a lot of newer homes in redlands, by newer I mean built in 07. They are in a few locations. As mentioned toward Mentone there is Cambria. Hones are 350-400,000. Then over off orange ave. is a new townhome community called Villa Valencia. They are 200-300,000. Then further south is Summit and those are million dollar homes. Most of redlands is filled with historic victorian, or craftsman homes as the others have said. Redlands has room to grow, if things get better with this recession. That is what is stopping new developments from being built. Also, the community in redlands likes it's history. they would rather see the old historic homes rahter than new cookie cutter ones, so would I. But if you are looking for space, there is space in and around Redlands; if you want to build your own custom home. hope that helps....

Old 07-31-2010, 07:17 AM

7 posts, read 54,525 times
Smile Redlands area newer home

There are few new [current] in Redlands.
There are are are a lot more in Yucaipa which is 10-15 minutes to Redlands.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:41 PM

100 posts, read 291,543 times
We are broke and started experiencing the Depression before some other areas, so the development stopped awhile ago. There simply are very, very few companies hiring anyone.
Paper says to anticipate housing prices going up by 5-6% and sales to go down by 5%.
Orange County developers are interested in all these huge warehouses that were recently built before the crash, the prices here are lower, and freeways are good.
Chinese investors are helping nearby San Bernardino maintain infrastructure by paying 500,000 for a visa for themselves and families.
There are so many different kinds of homes in Redlands, and the prices are way down. I do not agree about staying on this or that side of a particular street, yes, the South side was historically for the Millionaires, but things have spread out a bit since then, there are nice little areas all around and only a couple real bad areas.
The police ticket for a lot of traffic items and you have to behave in Redlands. Also they have upped the installed cameras in parks and public areas, and have a plane that monitors the area daily.
I would not want to be in the fancier neighborhoods if a true societal crisis occurs, the neighboring towns are full of angry folks in poverty, and Redlands has a rep as a town that is very rich and snooty. ( I heard this from the crooks themselves at work.) In the last year, crooks are already starting to drive into town and recently committed home invasions, street money snatching, and crooks are casing our neighborhoods.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:25 PM

39 posts, read 150,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calilady View Post
We are broke and started experiencing the Depression before some other areas, so the development stopped awhile ago. There simply are very, very few companies hiring anyone.
Paper says to anticipate housing prices going up by 5-6% and sales to go down by 5%.
Orange County developers are interested in all these huge warehouses that were recently built before the crash, the prices here are lower, and freeways are good.
Chinese investors are helping nearby San Bernardino maintain infrastructure by paying 500,000 for a visa for themselves and families.
There are so many different kinds of homes in Redlands, and the prices are way down. I do not agree about staying on this or that side of a particular street, yes, the South side was historically for the Millionaires, but things have spread out a bit since then, there are nice little areas all around and only a couple real bad areas.
The police ticket for a lot of traffic items and you have to behave in Redlands. Also they have upped the installed cameras in parks and public areas, and have a plane that monitors the area daily.
I would not want to be in the fancier neighborhoods if a true societal crisis occurs, the neighboring towns are full of angry folks in poverty, and Redlands has a rep as a town that is very rich and snooty. ( I heard this from the crooks themselves at work.) In the last year, crooks are already starting to drive into town and recently committed home invasions, street money snatching, and crooks are casing our neighborhoods.
Watch out! We are already here..lol paranoia...i live in the rich area and i am not rich soo im sure most of those people commiting crimes here already live here and are just fustrated as anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties