Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 11:16 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Cue David, 3, 2, 1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
same situation hier...my husband works in corona,but i would never live in corona with my child...we decided to move on thanksgiving to temecula..the commute is ok and the schools are great,no comparison to corona...if you have higher expectation for your children,then do not choose corona..it is my opinion...also the air polution and so on...with a child,i would not live in corona..
Why not? What would happen to your child in Corona? What happened to me in Corona? What about all of the other families in Corona? How do they do it?

Corona was Temecula 25 years ago. So what do you think Temecula will be soon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 01:06 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post

Why not? What would happen to your child in Corona? What happened to me in Corona? What about all of the other families in Corona? How do they do it?

Corona was Temecula 25 years ago. So what do you think Temecula will be soon?
Oh Lordy Lord, there is no hope!!!

Old 03-20-2010, 01:13 PM

2,145 posts, read 5,071,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
same situation hier...my husband works in corona,but i would never live in corona with my child...we decided to move on thanksgiving to temecula..the commute is ok and the schools are great,no comparison to corona...if you have higher expectation for your children,then do not choose corona..it is my opinion...also the air polution and so on...with a child,i would not live in corona..
Yes, I was just going to suggest to OP to convince the CO to go to San Diego...much better choice. But in Temecula, you'd at least have access to SD county...southern Riverside county much better choice to live than corona, for sure. with or w/o kids,IMO.

But with children-not Corona, I completely agree...
Try Murrieta or Temecula. Not paradise, but safe and clean for families, with reasonable schools.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrmsd View Post
Yes, I was just going to suggest to OP to convince the CO to go to San Diego...much better choice. But in Temecula, you'd at least have access to SD county...southern Riverside county much better choice to live than corona, for sure. with or w/o kids,IMO.

But with children-not Corona, I completely agree...
Try Murrieta or Temecula. Not paradise, but safe and clean for families, with reasonable schools.
Nobody has answered as to exactly "why not" Corona.

30.2% of Corona residents are under 19.

Surely all of their parents choose to live there because they have no choice...

Old 03-21-2010, 02:06 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,688,020 times
what kills me is you all think you're going to have time to 'enjoy' life....this is CA - we spend all our time working to afford the fun....which is 2pm - 5pm Sunday-
and
*whispering*
corona may be filled with 'those' kind of people.....

Old 03-21-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
what kills me is you all think you're going to have time to 'enjoy' life....this is CA - we spend all our time working to afford the fun....which is 2pm - 5pm Sunday-
and
*whispering*
corona may be filled with 'those' kind of people.....
What a generalization...

Old 03-23-2010, 01:20 PM

541 posts, read 1,340,686 times
sorry i am very busy eastern, visit overseas...i would not live in corona because of schools...cheque schools and API score out in Corona and Temecula:
API Reports - Academic Performance Index (CA Dept of Education)

...i do not mean elementary schools..i mean middle and high schools....they do not have the level i want for my child..yes,i consider temecula schools much better...i am very happy with temecula schools,my junior has the best mathematic teacher in the county and i can see the difference in teaching,in schools..i would not put my child in a corona school..the level is not high enough for me,that is teh right answer...

what would happen with my child in corona?he would not get the education i want him to get..school is very importante for me and i know ,where the best place for my child is..a child ,who got 600 perfect score in mathematic in california standard test,a child,who is highly gifted,belongs in the best school and best class,what the area ,has to offer...and i found this school and area in temecula..he is in the best class,temecula had to offer,what i was looking for,corona had not..very simple answer...

and 25 years is not soon...is a long time...i do not live in the past or can not sleep nights,because of the future,what temecula will become in 25 years...RIGHT NOW temecula is fine for me and teh best option...my opinion,sorry..

and yes,it is true..californians work for the weekends..they work hard,california is not cheap...california is expensive,this is my opinion,more expensive then other places..in order to have a good life hier,live nice,chidlren got to a good school,you must work and have a good income...in california tehre are huge differencies between neighborhoods..i have the feeling,rich people tend to shut them off from teh rest of teh world...middle class try the same direction and live in a poor neighborhood is not necessary fun,because of crime..

Old 06-13-2010, 07:05 PM

4 posts, read 9,375 times
Corona is a fine place to live, did it for 10 years, had 4 children there. I lived in South Corona, in the area south of the 91 and west of the 15. There are older parts, the historic part, and the schools aren't the best in that area. There is crime, sure, but nothing major. Corona is rather divided by the 91, so anything north of that I'm not that familiar with. I know Eastvale is very popular, and if your husband works more that area: Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, that would be better for you in terms of traffic. I would also suggest Temecula/Murietta, if he won't be commuting too far. There are good schools, good people, and you can find the small town feel if you get to know your neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties