Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 08:41 AM

99 posts, read 386,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Every portion of the country has some type of natural disaster. Seattle has Mt. Saint Helens. If you want to be real paranoid, if that volcano erupts it will cause serious hell for the entire state of Washington. I'm sure 50% of the country don't even its a volcano not a regular mountain hence why no one talks about it.

The only state I can think of without a natural disaster is Oregon but I'm sure someone can prove me wrong. Pretty much the entire Midwest is Torando Alley and above that gets blizzards. The south gets extremely hot and cold. Florida gets hurricanes AND wildfires. Yea, Florida doesn't rain as much as you think. Northeast gets Northeasters, such a clever name.

Regarding earthquakes, why don't look take a look at the nationwide fault lines. There is a massive fault line in Missouri. It has been inactive for a few hundred years but that fault line is worse than the ones here in SoCal. Not all the fault lines are on the Ring of Fire.
Ummm Mt St Helens did erupted back in 1980. It didn't cause hell for the entire state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 05:37 PM

13 posts, read 33,082 times
From what I heard Portland got a little dusting of ash. I was attending school at the time in western Montana and we got a couple of feet of ash because of the prevailing winds. It shut the town down for a week.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:18 AM

123 posts, read 357,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishin4sun View Post
Ummm Mt St Helens did erupted back in 1980. It didn't cause hell for the entire state.
I lived in Pico Rivera, near Whittier at the time of the eruption and we had ash all the way down here. Granted it wasn't a foot of it but there was a layer of it on the cars for a while. Perhaps he was trying to convey that it effected a wide area of several states some more severely than others.

As for the OP query...I think you are in a tight spot and there won't be any easy answers. Ultimatums are usually counterproductive. Empathy and honesty on both your parts will get you much further.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:33 PM

541 posts, read 1,340,434 times
i am european and i have a big problem right now with earthquakes..i did not have earthquakes a life long and i had already 3 since i moved to temecula,last one around 2 am,it woke me up..i am not fine with that and not everybody is fine with them..live in an earthquake country is not for everybody..i had no problems in north california..since we moved to temecula i have to dela with it and i am not happy about it..i would in your place rent first..if you adjust and can live with it,tehn buy a house...a house is for a life,so it is a decision,you should think long about it..

Old 04-11-2010, 02:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
i am european and i have a big problem right now with earthquakes..i did not have earthquakes a life long and i had already 3 since i moved to temecula,last one around 2 am,it woke me up..i am not fine with that and not everybody is fine with them..live in an earthquake country is not for everybody..i had no problems in north california..since we moved to temecula i have to dela with it and i am not happy about it..i would in your place rent first..if you adjust and can live with it,tehn buy a house...a house is for a life,so it is a decision,you should think long about it..
let me tell you, some of the worse earthquakes can and have occurred in No California. I am sure, coming from Europe this is very new to you, but remember, there are earthquakes and earthquakes; most do little or no damage. they can be scary, I agree..You could live in the south or the soutern part of Texas and worry about Hurricanes, the midwest and the part of the south have tornados, the east blizzards as well as blizzards in the north. Many states, certainly Calif have flooding and fires. Some say it is Gods way or it is mother nature, whatever we all all live with the possibliity of natural disasters.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties