Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 09:16 AM

4 posts, read 10,658 times

Advertisements

I need extensive dental work done - implants. My US estimate for just my lower jaw is $20,000. I have contacted Sam Detal in Tiajuana & am considering choosing them to do the work. But, I've never gone to a Mexico dentist and have reservations about going without some references.
Does anyone have experience with them?? Or can you recommend someone there whose work on implants impressed you??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 10:04 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Post this in the Mexico forum. There's an entire thread on TJ dentists.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:12 AM

102 posts, read 293,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronalda4 View Post
I need extensive dental work done - implants. My US estimate for just my lower jaw is $20,000. I have contacted Sam Detal in Tiajuana & am considering choosing them to do the work. But, I've never gone to a Mexico dentist and have reservations about going without some references.
Does anyone have experience with them?? Or can you recommend someone there whose work on implants impressed you??
I don't know if you've seen my parallel thread. My advice is to be very-very careful. I saw two dentists that were recommended, by real people. On the Internet, there is the possibility that someone is a shill rather than a satisfied customer. Still, I got burnt.

I'm not a dentist, and I don't mean to scare you (perhaps these dangers are overblown), but I think for the lower jaw, there is the (small) risk of lingual nerve damage, which can leave you in pain for life, and for the upper jaw, there is the sinus.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:31 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Whether the dentist is in TJ or the US, don't have any work done without a referral. You can still get burned by a dentist in the US.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:31 PM

102 posts, read 293,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Whether the dentist is in TJ or the US, don't have any work done without a referral.
As I mentioned in my reply, that wasn't enough.

Quote:
You can still get burned by a dentist in the US.
True, although I suspect you are less likely to run into a total miscreant.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronalda4 View Post
Ronald, first get a second opinion, that is a heck of a lot of money. I am not saying your are being ripped off, I would just check around and I would NEVER go to a dentist in TJ without a real honest to goodness referral by someone you know personally that has used that person. We had people in NM going over the border all the time. Yes, most were satisfied but I won't start on the disaster cases and there is very little if anything one can do if things go wrong.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego