Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 02:53 AM

2 posts, read 3,569 times

Advertisements

I'm considering purchasing a home in Sunbow near Rogers Elementary/Greg Rogers Park. We have one child in elementary school. Is this a safe area? I've read that the west side of 805 is not a safe area and this is just east of the 805. I would also like to know if this is a bike friendly area? All responses greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 12:26 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
we have friends who live between sunbow and 805 in an older area than the rest of Chula Vista east of 805. Most houses are 1960's and 70's ranches. Some are well-kept and some are not. It is a more working-class area than the newer developments of Chula Vista. It seems pretty quiet and safe overall. I would not consider it very walkable / bikable as there are large high-speed feeder streets and in general, people speed in San Diego, even on residential streets.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:26 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,573,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt2010 View Post
I'm considering purchasing a home in Sunbow near Rogers Elementary/Greg Rogers Park. We have one child in elementary school. Is this a safe area? I've read that the west side of 805 is not a safe area and this is just east of the 805. I would also like to know if this is a bike friendly area? All responses greatly appreciated.

Thanks
That area is pretty good and safe for the most part,for a place built in the 70's/80's.And don't fall for the "West of 805=ghetto" BS.There are plenty of areas west of the 805 that are good as well.

The Sunbow development is very bike friendly.There are bike routs and lanes on East Naples,East Palomar,MC Drive,and TC Road.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:22 PM

105 posts, read 298,298 times
My son attends Rogers Elementary school in the summer for ESY (he is special ed) and the area over there seems very nice, quiet, and well maintained. We live in Otay Ranch now, but I wouldn't reject the idea of moving to that part of Chula Vista.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:52 PM

23 posts, read 116,184 times
My parents own a home in this area...not so bad at all...I disagree with the comments about the west side of the 805 though...there is a noticeable difference in the look and feel of the communities over there. I lived off of 4th for a couple of years a few blocks from the high school and I wouldnt encourage somebody to move over there

Old 06-19-2010, 12:05 AM

1,658 posts, read 7,573,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sdSince81 View Post
My parents own a home in this area...not so bad at all...I disagree with the comments about the west side of the 805 though...there is a noticeable difference in the look and feel of the communities over there. I lived off of 4th for a couple of years a few blocks from the high school and I wouldnt encourage somebody to move over there
Can I ask why?And looks?I don't get why that;s a major thing.Not like it's a 3rd World Country but ok them.

I lived at Fourth and L from 1996-2006 and Strip and Moss from 88-96.The South Central area has plenty of rough areas but they are not that bad.I would encourage someone to move to the South Central(4th and L area) but only on some streets.
Southwest(Broadway and Moss) that's a different story.Like I said in my post there are good places West of the 805.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego