Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2014, 09:43 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,031,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
WHY.............because they can, "no dogs in store", this rule/law is NEVER enforced.

Well, at least I have NEVER seen it enforced.....and I see a dang lot of dogs in stores these days.
You know what? This is exactly right. People keep doing stuff like this because nobody calls them on it. Just a couple of weekends ago I heard some lady at the swap meet with her two chihuahuas in a baby carriage telling someone how she always takes them everywhere she goes because nobody ever says anything to her about it in the stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 09:47 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
You know what? This is exactly right. People keep doing stuff like this because nobody calls them on it. Just a couple of weekends ago I heard some lady at the swap meet with her two chihuahuas in a baby carriage telling someone how she always takes them everywhere she goes because nobody ever says anything to her about it in the stores.
Chihuahuas are the most annoying dog. What is the point of them? They aren't guard dogs and they most certainly are not cute. Their incessant bark is very grating.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:21 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
I have a friend that has a Chihuahua. She dresses her up in clothes, and takes her everywhere she goes in a purse, even into restaurants. Plus, she's a nasty little dog, she's a biter.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:22 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
So I assumed this thread had popped up because of the recent dog attack on a child in Lowes? The owner of an Akita (who had previously attacked two other childen) left after the child was attacked (requiring 50 stitches and a hospital stay) because he was afraid his dog would be taken away....

Owner Arrested in Murrieta Lowe

I confess - I'm not really a "dog person" but generally I'm also a "live and let live" person. However, I don't like seeing dogs in places I eat and places where I buy food or clothing. And I wish that stores would start actually enforcing "no dog rules".
Came in to post this!
Quote:
The owner of a dog that attacked a 3-year-old boy at a Lowe’s Home Improvement store in Murrieta, leaving the boy in need of dozens of stitches, has been arrested, police confirmed.
Robert Kahn, 62, was arrested Thursday in connection with the incident and charged with willful cause of bodily injury by an animal, the Murrieta Police Department said.
On Saturday morning, Kahn’s dog – an Akita – attacked a young boy at the Lowe’s garden center at 24701 Madison Ave. in Murrieta, north of San Diego County.
Murrieta police said Kahn, a regular at the store, let the boy pet the dog. During their encounter, the animal lashed out and bit the boy on the jaw, neck, forehead and below his right eye.
The boy was taken to a local hospital, where he received approximately 50 stitches before being transferred to Rady Children’s Hospital in San Diego. On Friday, police confirmed the child had been treated for injuries to the face and neck and was released from the hospital on Sunday.
After the attack, Kahn grabbed his dog and left the store. Police released an image of Kahn caught on surveillance tape to the media and were able to confirm his identity the next day.
On Sunday, officers found Kahn at his home less than a mile from the Lowe’s store. He told police he had fled because he feared his dog would be taken away.
Officials from the Animal Friends of the Valley took the Akita into custody. As of Friday, police said the dog remains quarantined in the custody of animal control officials.
Through their investigation, detectives said they discovered two additional incidents in which Kahn’s dog allegedly showed aggression towards young children, ages three and five.
Detectives said those cases allegedly happened in Murrieta between October and November 2013. They weren’t reported to police or animal control and were less severe than the Lowe’s attack. Detectives said the victims in those cases did not require hospitalization.
The case is now being handled by the Riverside County District Attorney’s office.

Source: Owner Arrested in Murrieta Lowe
Now this poor dog is about to get put down. This kid has to probably have multiple surgeries. Lowes and Home Depot are now going to crack down on dogs in the stores(which they should) so they as they don't get sued.
I started this thread to get some incite from fellow dog owners as to,why do you take your dogs to the store. What I've gotten in response is,some of my fellow dog owners are Coo Coo For Cocoa puffs.
Also after this weeks accident in Del Mar, please keep your dog on a leash

Old 01-06-2014, 02:11 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Came in to post this!
Now this poor dog is about to get put down. This kid has to probably have multiple surgeries. Lowes and Home Depot are now going to crack down on dogs in the stores(which they should) so they as they don't get sued.
I started this thread to get some incite from fellow dog owners as to,why do you take your dogs to the store. What I've gotten in response is,some of my fellow dog owners are Coo Coo For Cocoa puffs.
Also after this weeks accident in Del Mar, please keep your dog on a leash
Actually.....spoke to reps. in both Home Depot and Lowes, since this accident. According to them, they have NOT be given the word on banning dogs in the stores. They still have the dog bowls and cookies at the checkout. If it comes further down the line, is yet to be determined.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:05 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Actually.....spoke to reps. in both Home Depot and Lowes, since this accident. According to them, they have NOT be given the word on banning dogs in the stores. They still have the dog bowls and cookies at the checkout. If it comes further down the line, is yet to be determined.
It's coming
Both companies are big business and stand to lose a lot if dogs start biting customer on the regular.
Dog owners just gotta hope that the kid parents doesn't lawyer up!
You're a very smart women and you know this stuff already
Lowes and Home depot or both headquarter back east,it takes a while to get to the stores.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:48 PM

50,274 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
It's coming
Both companies are big business and stand to lose a lot if dogs start biting customer on the regular.
Dog owners just gotta hope that the kid parents doesn't lawyer up!
You're a very smart women and you know this stuff already
Lowes and Home depot or both headquarter back east,it takes a while to get to the stores.

I'm surprised it hasn't already happened. That wasn't a bite it was a mauling.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:06 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm surprised it hasn't already happened. That wasn't a bite it was a mauling.

That I would agree on. That poor child. Someone wasn't watching the baby and the owner wasn't watching his dog.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:31 AM

587 posts, read 443,717 times
I have asked the store manager several times at my local Ralph's to have people leave that are shopping for groceries with their dogs. There is no reason (unless you have a true service dog) to take a dog into a grocery store. One time the manager on duty was reluctant to go up to the person with the dog and I told him if he didn't I would contact Ralph's corporate with a complaint about the dog and a complaint about him. He did ask the person to leave.

I am an animal lover, but never in my life would I think of taking a dog into a grocery store.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:47 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,415,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
Chihuahuas are the most annoying dog. What is the point of them? They aren't guard dogs and they most certainly are not cute. Their incessant bark is very grating.
But chihuahuas can be trained to speak in degrading fake-Mexican accents. That has to be worth something to someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego