Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2010, 05:46 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,812,018 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me some first hand knowledge of this area. I've found a potential rental that is a duplex approx 1500sf. The neighborhood looks decent, at least on Google maps. The schools supporting this neighborhood are Carson Elementary; Montgomery Middle and Kearny Complex for High School. I truly want to live closer into town, which is why I keep asking about various neighborhoods and schools closer in vice in North County. I've looked up the schools on "Great Schools" and the elementary and middle are mediocre by Great School's grading standards although the parent ratings are decent. The High School gets better ratings from Great School in the 9s and 8s. Sure would like to hear what this August body of posters have to say about the area and schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 10:10 AM

9,523 posts, read 30,390,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
Can anyone give me some first hand knowledge of this area. I've found a potential rental that is a duplex approx 1500sf. The neighborhood looks decent, at least on Google maps. The schools supporting this neighborhood are Carson Elementary; Montgomery Middle and Kearny Complex for High School. I truly want to live closer into town, which is why I keep asking about various neighborhoods and schools closer in vice in North County. I've looked up the schools on "Great Schools" and the elementary and middle are mediocre by Great School's grading standards although the parent ratings are decent. The High School gets better ratings from Great School in the 9s and 8s. Sure would like to hear what this August body of posters have to say about the area and schools.
It's Linda Vista - quasi ghetto and the schools stink. Kearney High School is prep school for jail. Look at Clairemont instead.

If the elementaries stink and you aren't in a really gorgeous inner-city old-money area, chances are the area is hood.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:07 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,812,018 times
YIKES! Thanks for the info.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:32 PM

1,504 posts, read 6,136,388 times
Quote:
It's Linda Vista - quasi ghetto and the schools stink.
I wouldn't say ghetto. More like Tijuana in the making. Clairemont as a whole is not a lot better.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:41 PM

129 posts, read 340,045 times
You can definetly look less than 5 miiles in all directions and find much better communities. But I guess google maps doesn't tell you that yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego