Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 02:45 AM

25 posts, read 64,840 times

Advertisements

Hey all,
I am thinking of moving to SD early next year, depending on work etc and was wondering as from reading prior posts there doesn't seem like there are that many black people in SD? I could be wrong. Anyway, for those who are black or have black friends etc etc I was wondering if there are any good/ trusted black (afro) hairdressers in SD? Or would the nearest place for this be in LA? Price doesn't matter as I'd pay more if someone was really good. Any recommendations much appreciated!
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 07:57 AM

9 posts, read 24,889 times
Heritage Beauty Salon 6449 University Ave San Diego, Ca (619) 265-1246

I did a little searching for you and thats all I found. Now all I need to do is find a barber near Ocean Beach and we'll both be good. Seriously, this is the ONLY thing Im worried about. Unless I start cutting my own hair I dont know what I'm going to do.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:39 AM

Thank you!!! Good luck with your search! If not LA isn't too far to drive to and they must have heaps! That's my other option.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAtoCA View Post
Heritage Beauty Salon 6449 University Ave San Diego, Ca (619) 265-1246

I did a little searching for you and thats all I found. Now all I need to do is find a barber near Ocean Beach and we'll both be good. Seriously, this is the ONLY thing Im worried about. Unless I start cutting my own hair I dont know what I'm going to do.

I found this salon which has a barber? Maybe check this out...
San Diego Black Hair Salon & Black Hair Care - Wally's Salon

Old 09-21-2010, 12:24 PM

9 posts, read 24,889 times
LA is way to far for a cut, HAHA. But thanks for that link, Ill check it out.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:42 PM

88 posts, read 226,270 times
There are plenty of blacks in San Diego. Statistically, the numbers may be low but you will see blacks everywhere in San diego (just not in mass numbers unless you are in a "black neighborhood" or at a "black event"). There are many hair salons and barber shops here. The best thing to do when relocating anywhere is to approach someone whose hair you like and find out where they go. You will have plenty of options to choose from once you are here.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:24 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,824,429 times
Its been many years, 1990s, but I recall going to National City to get my hair done. The salon, I don't recall the name, was very popular and did a decent job. At that time, the area had a "large" black population and there were other salons in the area.
With the popularity of Eastlake and its diversity, I would think there would be salons in that area and Chula Vista. If there is a significan Dominican population in the area, that would be another option.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,737 times
I am looking for a black hair stylist in Carlsbad, Oceanside or Encinitas area, if anyone know of a good stylist , please let me know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego