Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 05:44 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,811,096 times

Advertisements

I'm one to say always follow your dreams (as long as they're in the "Norm" - No Mass Murders). You'll always regret and lok at the "Woulda, Shoulda' Couldas" the rest of your life. I've move places with my family since retiring from the Military with no job prospect and limited funds - in one of those instances, it wasn't that smart, but if you're determined you can make it. Just go into it knowing itss a risk, try not to become bitter if things don't quickly go your way. Try to have savings to fall back on - that is a stress reducer.
San Diego is a great city, you are wise to want to make this move now - All the best this new year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 05:52 PM

5 posts, read 7,558 times
San Diego is definitely an area where the contrast between "haves" and "have nots" is clearly evident.

In SD you have people who: 1) own their own homes and live well (because they make good money or have rich parents). 2) rent, buy their groceries with credit cards, lease BMWs and to try to fit in. And 3) people who live 6 deep in a 2 bedroom apartment and get foodstamps/WIC/etc. Obviously the second two choices are no way to live, but surprisingly a large portion of the population in SD lives that way.

Who wants to live paycheck to paycheck? If you choose to move here and you don't have wealthy parents or a really good job, trust me, you will. You will be struggling to get by every month. And that's not to mention if some emergency happens. You're car stops working or you get hurt. Then what? You're going to be playing a game of constant catch-up.

The sun is nice and the location is good, and the people are beautiful. But is it really worth living in poverty to be around all this?

This is just my opinion. But I have lived as both a "have" and a "have not" here in SD. I've lived here since 1985, and the first thing I'm going to do when I get licensed is move. The honeymoon has been over for sometime and while I love it here, I really think you're in for a harsh wakeup call if you're not prepared.

For the past few years, more people have moved out of CA than moved in. Orange County is one example: People Move Out of O.C. « Surviving California $$$$
You know why people are moving out? Because it's just so hard to make it here.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:00 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,974,985 times
^^^^^^^^
What he said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego