Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 01:48 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times

Advertisements

Ah, good old Wawa! We used to hit it up on the way down the shore, for their raspberry iced tea!

Here's Taylor ham & cheese on a bagel, from my last trip to Jersey. A friend of mine brought me one last time she visited, but it's not the same after sitting on a plane for 5 hours!

And Rutt's Hut, a trip back to Jersey is never complete without Rutt's! There's a guy in the LA area that sells rippers. He traveled the country, tasting all the hot dogs from different regions then opened up a place here and now sells a wide variety of hot dogs.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 01:52 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,270,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Ah, good old Wawa! We used to hit it up on the way down the shore, for their raspberry iced tea!

Here's Taylor ham & cheese on a bagel, from my last trip to Jersey. A friend of mine brought me one last time she visited, but it's not the same after sitting on a plane for 5 hours!

And Rutt's Hut, a trip back to Jersey is never complete without Rutt's! There's a guy in the LA area that sells rippers. He traveled the country, tasting all the hot dogs from different regions then opened up a place here and now sells a wide variety of hot dogs.
Yeah I think I know the hot dog joint you are talking about. I was up there for work recently and tried it, its called Fab Hot Dog. I saw it on Diners Driver Ins and Dives I think and had to see what it was about. Good thing I dont eat DWDs anymore, stuff is killer on the arteries!
FabHotDog.com

Old 01-26-2011, 01:59 PM

Yup, Fab Hot Dogs! The owner is really cool, he emailed me on Yelp prior to opening and told me to stop by once he does! The hot dogs were good, but his relish had nothing on Rutt's! People can try to recreate, but no one has imitated Rutt's relish just yet. My friend ships their relish to us whenever we want it, it's soooo good!

Old 01-26-2011, 10:42 PM

57 posts, read 95,869 times
Now, that's a pork roll sandwich on a bagel jersey style! You guys are lucky you don't have to deal with this snow storm in jersey right now!

Old 01-27-2011, 08:59 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,824,723 times
[quote=Jenkay;17587624]Yeah, I get that, but in my case it's the other way around- I'm kind of a coffee snob. I like my coffee fresh ground from dark & oily beans and prepared in a french press, one cup at a time, black or with just a tiny dollop or half & half, never any sugar.

Or a *properly* prepared shot of espresso, either just on its own or with a little hot water (cafe americano).

So from my (admittedly high-falutin') perspective, it's not great coffee at all!

Sorry to digress, but I just had to make sure you don't think I'm one of those Fru-fru Starbux people [/QUOTE
Oh just listen to you- french press, now!. We had a DD in Hawaii, but at $12 for half a dozen donuts they didn't last. We have Liliha Bakery here. I found many of the small independent shops did a great job with coffee when I lived in CA.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:24 AM

Cafe Calabria in North Park is our favorite local coffee shop. So good!

Old 01-27-2011, 09:35 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,029,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Cafe Calabria in North Park is our favorite local coffee shop. So good!
I love that place. The little salami sandwiches make me super-happy.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
I love that place. The little salami sandwiches make me super-happy.
Yea, they are really good! And they're attached to one of the best Italian restaurants in SD, so that's always a plus!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego