Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2011, 02:04 PM

296 posts, read 614,114 times

Advertisements

My, how time flies.

I lived in OB for 6 years and had the time of my life. Had the option of either moving down the street, or moving to LA for a new job. Went to LA, as I had found a pad on Mulholland Hwy. LA felt a bit hellish, so I continued north up to Humboldt. 5 years there, and now I'm in Berlin, Germany of all places, for the last 4.

And after all this ramblin', which city would I say is the Finest? San Diego is the place for me. Nowhere's perfect, but San Diego is closer than most others! I'd say, overall the happiest people I've ever lived around, and I attribute this mainly to the fantastic climate and active lifestyle that it affords.

I plan to return, within a year and a half. I know the traffic has grown and is much more like LA than not. I'm sure it's more crowded. But how else has it changed? Are the rents so much higher now, after the financial meltdown? I believe I was paying about 650 per month for a small 1BR apt 3 blocks from the beach, back in 2000.

I wonder how certain areas have developed. The areas I'm particularly fond of and interested in would be OB, Normal Heights/Adams Ave area. North Park seemed to have a lot of potential, too, back then. And there were some other areas that were somewhat unappealing to me then - anything along the coast south of downtown - I wonder if these areas are any nicer today?

And the Art scene. Does anyone have some info on that. I'm assuming there is a good market for artists to work in (I'm a painter, and also a web developer, to pay the bills. Will be pursuing both of these aims in the future in SD, with increasing emphasis on selling my artwork.)

Will likely have more questions (BTW this is my 1st post here, so... helloo San Diego!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego