Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2011, 12:33 AM

6 posts, read 23,279 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I have a week of vacation coming up from Fri Mar 11 to Sat Mar 19... we are thinking about taking a road trip in the California/Nevada/Arizona area but not sure exactly where to go yet. We are starting in San Diego and I think we are pretty set on going to Las Vegas from Sun. morning to maybe Tues night but from there not sure where to go afterwards.

We might also be interested in going to Yosemite (is this place worth it?), Tahoe, San Francisco/Jose, Grand Canyon, drive down the PCH back to San Diego... obviously we wouldn't be able to go to ALL of those places, just some ideas. If I am missing any other great places, please chime in and let me know!

Does anybody have a better feel for the time to travel, lodging, and so forth to make a kind of road trip like this? Mainly I am concerned with what places are worth going to, and also having enough time to fully travel to and enjoy the places, and how to schedule.

Also, would it be better to rent a car for the rough ~1400 mile drive it would potentially be if we did California? I am seeing around 240$/week rates for this.

I really appreciate any feedback or suggestions you guys have for must-see/do places that I may be overlooking, and whether we'll have enough time to do some of these things. Thanks a lot guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 09:28 AM

48 posts, read 78,706 times
that's an awful lot of driving in opposite directions...

if I were doing a trip to Vegas and wanted other stuff too I might consider from the following

Zion Nat Park, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, maybe even Sequoia Nat Park

Old 03-05-2011, 09:47 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,590,922 times
I think if you do Vegas, Grand Canyon, and Hoover Dam that's more than enough to fill in your week. Those other parks mentioned are well worth visiting, but are farther away than Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego