Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 11:24 AM

14 posts, read 29,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbe nimble View Post
Thai food
Lotus Thai Cuisine -
lotusthaisd.com - 3761 6th Avenue, San Diego - (619) 299-8272
Lotus Thai Cuisine

Indian food is out of the way, but in an Indian section, North of San Diego city area "ASHOKA the Great"
Phone:
858-695-9749
San Diego:
9474 Black Mountain Road
San Diego, CA 92126

jamba juice +1

Mexican Tio Lio's a chain

Italian... I would wait till you go to NYC !!
Pizza "Sicilian Thing" for slices or a pie with a choice of on tap beers on 30th St bet Polk and Lincoln , in North Park

Phuong Trang Chinese Vietnamese and many other places in this area on Convoy St!!
4170 Convoy St
(between Armour St & Othello Ave)
San Diego, CA 92111
Neighborhood: Kearny Mesa

None of these are very expensive.
Thanks for the tips! I hope we get to make it to at least a few of these places! We did go out in Gaslamp last night which was pretty fun, actually Im basically in love with the city already and it hasnt been twenty four hours

Ill defintely skip the Italian and the pizza here though haha hate to be that NYer who hates on food, and Ive already heard that the pizza isnt great (comparitively)so I'll leave it alone lol

thanks again for the tips
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 05:39 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
With it being St. Paddy's day, downtown should be pretty crazy tonight. Check out some places just outside of the Gaslamp like Basic, East village Tavern and Bowl, Neighborhood and El Dorado. Head to Little Italy, and check out Princess Pub, El Camino, Red Velvet Wine Bar, Craft and Commerce, Extraordinary Desserts and The Waterfront. Have fun!

Old 03-17-2011, 05:53 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,031,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3StatesAndMore View Post
There are buses which run regularly and also the trolley system - either get a multi-day pass or a compass refill card (available at Vons - a grocery store chain). Bus #7 from downtown drops you off right in the heart of Balboa Park (I just went today) and several buses - #9, #30, #27 - all get you to PB.

Once you get into downtown from Coronado - you'll be able to connect to all of those buses. I would definitely get a day/multi-day pass because you can get on all the buses/trolleys (except express lines) for free once purchased.

Also use sdcommute.com or Google planner for trips. Beware... I live in RI and things are not close.. lol be prepared from anywhere from an hour to two hour long rides depending on where you are going and lots of connections. Um and for cabs I'd get a number for a local cab company, the buses/trolleys run till 11pm-12am depending on the route, so you'll be fine unless you go clubbing or out much later.
Oh, you forgot the ferry! Takes you right to downtown, and it's a fun trip!

City of Coronado: Ferry Schedules
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego