Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:09 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,473,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensajero View Post
Ok Cool,

Commercial, National, Imperial, and Market are all streets in logan heights, or are those other areas in San Diego? Is Logan Heights the only area warehouses spaces can be found? We're not looking for live/work lofts in the "proper" sense. Most of those spaces are neat and clean and won't work for what we want to do, we're looking for the nitty gritty warehouse.

Also, while I'm asking questions, what's public transportation like in SD?

thanks for all your answers y'all!

Steve
Commercial / National / Imperial / Market are streets running east / west from downtown SD all the way deep into Southeastern SD. The warehouses are close to downtown. Another area to look at is the areas around the 32nd street Naval Base (also Logan Heights) and National City. You'll need to get here and drive around. SD doesn't have the same kind of logistics infrastructure of LA or other large coastal citie so you won't find as many crusty old warehouses here. Most of the newer warehouse areas are in Miramar or San Ysidro and are pretty much well-kept and in use.

Public transit in SD kinda sucks, but the Commercial St. corridor has a trolley line which goes right downtown. I would concentrate on that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 04:24 AM

2 posts, read 5,734 times
hahahaha these people make me laugh on the ground my hood isnt safe if you cant handle living in a gang related drug dealinq neighborhood then dont move to it because you wont like it okay ? ..... hahaha just plz we already have enoughh gang comlaining nbeighbors i mean i am changing but i grew up in the barrio so relax withh all the i wouldnts and woulds if you wanna live there and you dont look gangstah or act it then doo it **** what these crazy waiting time ppl on here have to say jusat do it hahaah (:

Old 06-30-2010, 04:32 AM

2 posts, read 5,734 times
hahahaha these people make me laugh on the ground my hood isnt safe if you cant handle living in a gang related drug dealinq neighborhood then dont move to it because you wont like it okay ? ..... hahaha just plz we already have enoughh gang comlaining nbeighbors i mean i am changing but i grew up in the barrio so relax withh all the i wouldnts and woulds if you wanna live there and you dont look gangstah or act it then doo it **** what these crazy waiting time ppl on here have to say jusat do it hahaah (:

Old 06-30-2010, 09:36 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,031,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaughter View Post
What?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:01 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,237,338 times
Quote:
you should move to mexico. seriously. get the ef out of san diego. you suck huge @ss.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:24 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
Quote:
yes, they are separate. Barrio Logan is, well, a barrio. It's eastern border is about 28th street and Imperial to the north. Barrio Logan has pretty much always been mixed industrial and low-income. Logan Heights was once more of a middle class place. If you go into the neighborhoods east of 30th you will see some decent old homes. East of the I-15 it becomes very residential.
The area east of I-15 isn't Logan at all anymore. That's where Mountain View and Shelltown start.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:29 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
ladylaughter said:

Quote:
San Diego forum read:
Quote:
blah-blah-blah-blahblah-blah-blah-blahblah-blah-blah-blahblah-blah-blah-blahblah-blah-blah-blahblah-blah-blah-blahblah-blah-blah-blahblah-blah-blah-blahblah-blah-blah-blahblah-blah-blah-blahblah-blah-blah-blah
Now go back to class

Old 07-02-2010, 08:25 AM

169 posts, read 859,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
you should move to mexico. seriously. get the ef out of san diego. you suck huge @ss.
wow

Old 07-02-2010, 09:01 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,989,489 times
If you want to see a "hood", go up to Oakland, that's about as rough as it gets in Califas, and that's not saying much...compared to Cleveland, Detroit, the 9th Ward.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,219 times
Coming from someone who grew up in Chicago, Humboldt Park Area as a young adult, and on the south side as a kid, 21 N Cal, and both parents being from Detroit. I would say all of Logan, and anywere is S.D. is a cakewalk. Yeah theres gangsters and some crime. But come on. San Diego is the 8th safest city in the country. I have lived on 33rd and now 30th and Ocean View in Logan for 4 yrs. Have cook outs and get togethers at both Memorial and Chicano Park. And I see little of the crime, drug dealing etc that anyone from the Chi, or Detroit would be used to seeing. No dealers on the corner (some at the park) No random gunfire. Like the person said before, no burnt out buildings, no traps at the lights. No nada. We have 6 kids and they play outside till past dark. Its a working class latino neighborhood and like all working class neighborhoods its gonna have some crime. But nada like Chicago, Detroit or Balt. Not even close. Personaly I have fallen in love with the neighborhood and would recomend it to anyone. It has personality. And people are proud of being from Logan. Not just the few Gangsters that are here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego