U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-19-2011, 02:17 PM

4,752 posts, read 1,759,435 times

Advertisements

San Diegoans,
First all I want to say that I love San Diego. I lived in that area with the Marine Corps and have since dreamed of moving back one day. I work for Corrections Corporation of America and we have a facility in San Diego. So one day I hope to transfer out to that facility. I have to wait for my wife to finish school here in Georgia first because she's under the HOPE program and her school is essentially free. So it'll be 1 1/2-2 years down the road.

I was wondering if anyone worked at the facility (named San Diego Correctional Facility, which is an ICE and USMS detention facility) or knew anyone who has worked, or works there currently? I also wondered if someone could recommend a good area in San Diego for a young family (parents in their mid/early 20s and a 3 year old little girl) to settle down? Both my wife and I love going to sporting events, we don't party or drink and are fairly conservative in our appearance and worldview.

My wife, by the time we move, will have a 4 year degree in accounting. How is the job market for accounting/financial sector?

I appreciate any responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 04:14 PM

8,797 posts, read 12,397,408 times
I would wait until your wife finishes school to start thinking about moving. Things change between now and the time she's finished with school.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I would wait until your wife finishes school to start thinking about moving. Things change between now and the time she's finished with school.
Well we are waiting for her to finish school. I mean it's not 100% that we're going to move it's just something on our radar.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:31 PM

2,237 posts, read 2,239,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Well we are waiting for her to finish school. I mean it's not 100% that we're going to move it's just something on our radar.
you're doing the right thing in checking out your options. I hope someone on the Forum who works in that facility can fill you in.
Where exactly in San Diego is the facility because that will assist folks who can answer your other questions about where to live.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
you're doing the right thing in checking out your options. I hope someone on the Forum who works in that facility can fill you in.
Where exactly in San Diego is the facility because that will assist folks who can answer your other questions about where to live.
From CCA.com:
Quote:
The San Diego Correctional Facility is located in the east/southerly section of the County of San Diego with the population reaching 2.99 million, and is approximately 25 miles from the City of San Diego. The facility is situated in the foothills of Otay Mesa overlooking the Mexican border. to the western horizon you have a breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean, and surrounding hills. The local industry includes major manufacturing facilities such as Honeywell, Howard Leight, Casio, Matu****a, Panasonic, and Sanyo.
So with that information in mind can someone tell me a good area to possibly live?

----------
Oh yeah, I will check out all of my options. I made one hasty move in my life and didn't turn out so well so I've learned to take my time. This is just something that we're thinking about but we're taking our time to let my wife finish school and really I like my job now. I'm not in a big rush to leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego