Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:32 PM

430 posts, read 1,650,750 times

Advertisements

lol that's San Diego for you, all the whites there think they are Superior to everybody, and everybody else there is inferior or "lessor". Not to make a generalization, but CA in general, thinks they are better than people from other locations, not just in skin color, but just cuz they are from CA they have this attitude that everybody is less than them, when they got it all twisted. The whites seem to run things down there, and a lot of hispanics, that they don't seem to like, as blacks as well. There into those surfer hollister skate type of punk dudes, lol but there are good ones man u just gotta look, but just the attitude in SO CAL where they think they are all great, esp the chicks, they have this stuck up, 'im so great' type of attitude, they're so superficial and fake. It's like those rich schools that you know only the white kids go to, sure there are blacks/hispanics, but very few, you know that you would feel out of place in a school like that, because they cater to the whites mostly, because they think they are more "superior" to other races/colors. That's how San Diego, huge white percentage, with a mix of everything else, but that's just it, if you aren't "white" you are with "everyone else" and you are not as "good" apprarently.. lol well good look just my OPINION of course. BTW im a dude that is into diversity, i cant stand people who see black and white, unfortunatly it is still like that til this day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 09:41 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,922,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
all the whites there think they are Superior to everybody, and everybody else there is inferior or "lessor". Not to make a generalization,
Uh ... ALL the whites? And EVERYBODY ELSE?
No generalization there ...

Old 03-26-2011, 01:04 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,769,387 times
Regardless of what the racial percentage of San Diego County is, it's still very segregated and I question the accuracy of the latest Census. Basically if you look at the recent census stats, SD's growth in the Hispanic-Asian population has simply been in area's where Hispanics, Asians, mix race people already live.

Minorities haven't really spread out in San Diego like I would have thought, if anything, the diversity will probably drop off because of the high cost of living, and the continue redevelopment of the inner city, and downtown, will devastate and lower the minority count in the upcoming years. I foresee upper income mixed race and white people taking over poorer neighborhoods, pushing poor Hispanics and Blacks out of San Diego, which city leaders want to happen.

One city where diversity has increased a lot, is in El Cajon, more Black and Iraqi refugees have moved in in recent years. Overall, East County is still very much less diverse than San Diego just like parts of North County.

But Yeah, San Diego is not very harmonies, like in Texas or other states where the diversity rates are much more balanced. So people don't feel so singled out due to class, culture, and the way they look.

Yes some people in California do have a certain attitude or an approach to others acting like they are better than other people in different states. We can be superficial-fake that's been well documented time and time again.

So I can understand the frustration for young Black males in SD because of our beachy culture, sorta uppity attitude which doesn't help out the brotha's particularly. At the same time, YOU DO NEED GAME HOMIE!

Old 03-26-2011, 01:11 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,825,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
lol that's San Diego for you, all the whites there think they are Superior to everybody, and everybody else there is inferior or "lessor". Not to make a generalization, but CA in general, thinks they are better than people from other locations, not just in skin color, but just cuz they are from CA they have this attitude that everybody is less than them, when they got it all twisted. The whites seem to run things down there, and a lot of hispanics, that they don't seem to like, as blacks as well. There into those surfer hollister skate type of punk dudes, lol but there are good ones man u just gotta look, but just the attitude in SO CAL where they think they are all great, esp the chicks, they have this stuck up, 'im so great' type of attitude, they're so superficial and fake. It's like those rich schools that you know only the white kids go to, sure there are blacks/hispanics, but very few, you know that you would feel out of place in a school like that, because they cater to the whites mostly, because they think they are more "superior" to other races/colors. That's how San Diego, huge white percentage, with a mix of everything else, but that's just it, if you aren't "white" you are with "everyone else" and you are not as "good" apprarently.. lol well good look just my OPINION of course. BTW im a dude that is into diversity, i cant stand people who see black and white, unfortunatly it is still like that til this day.
Whenever you generalize, you tend to lose whatever point you're trying to make. I'm a Native Californian, I'm Black, I'm from Los Angeles, and I do think that California has some physical qualities and Natural Beauty that makes it superior to other places, IMHO. I don't think that attitude can be attributed to any one race.
Actually, I've lived in Texas and found similar attitudes by Native Texans about their State.
This Thread was ill-conceived to begin with, and now its gone way off the rails.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:43 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
If anything it's economic inequality. Large parts of SD have mostly poor. Better off neighborhoods are diverse.

I guess if you want to know the answer to that you have to dig deeper. K-12 school is free. What you do with it (and your Parents) play a bigger role in how successful you are.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:54 PM

315 posts, read 820,996 times
lol bagging chics was a joke.. i respect women :P

but ya u can call this thread dumb, bottom line is a lot of people here also agree with me..

I have game, im a decent looking dude who can make girls laugh plus i do well for myself which helps..

BUT, ive been here almost a year.. i cant count how many girls ive met who have never EVER dated black guys.. I mean FFS i met this girl recently but she wont let me see her family/friends cuz they'll be like WTF u doing with a black guy? lol.. ive never heard this in my life while in NYC.. i mean this isnt 1920

one of these other girls ive been talking to said that her grandma would have a stroke if she knew she was with a black guy..

I mean ya u guys can say all u want, but how about this? I live in a luxury building.. I remember when i first moved here, in the elevator, ppl kept asking me oh u live here? really?(with a shocked look like WTF is he doing here) or if i have food they go like are u delivering food, what floor do u need to go to? i mean WTF?

bottom line is if u are black = POOR.. i get a lot of looks and all i know is this, a lot of girls here dont wanna be seen with black dudes..

Why not do a test, ask 5 of your female friends in SD if they would date a black guy here, come back and tell us the results.. i can bet at least 3 out of 5 will say NO

Now go to NYC and ask 5 girls if they would date black guys, 4 out of 5 will say YES

I mean im not saying EVERYONE here is racist or anything like that, just saying if i walked into a club with 100 girls, at least half want nothing to do with me right off the bat 'cuz im black..

Now if i walked into a club in NY with 100 girls, they dont give a crap that im black..

Ya there are those girls here who wonder what its like to be with a black guy, but they are far and few..

And i'll say ive met/talked to at least 15-20 girls since moving here, and only one of them ever had a black boyfriend.. all the other ones NEVER did.. what does that tell u?

SD is not a mixed city at all.. ya its not racist, but its not mixed either.. i live on front & market and everyone here is white, my whole building is WHITE, i went clubbing last night, i saw maybe 5 black dudes, everyone else was WHITE, its a very very WHITE place.. and when you have a very very WHITE place, its not going to be the same..

LETs be honest...and this is for people that live/grew up in SD.. tell your friends hey i know this black guy who has a nice car and makes a lot of money.. they'll be like is he a drug dealer?? lmao

Do u know how many girls have asked me if i sell drugs(cuz of my money)?? or how many of them think that what im telling them about my company is all BS and crap...

Anyway no complaints, i love it here, the weather is nice.. theres girls that dont care if im black, but all im saying is many of them DO care im black, and theres a big stereotype against black guys here, so you can all live in denial, or believe someone who is living and telling it like it is

I mean isnt san diego like 80% white or something?

Old 03-26-2011, 03:52 PM

177 posts, read 398,846 times
^^Dude, nobody cares. Go take your racial pity party somewhere else.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:02 PM

315 posts, read 820,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanDecay View Post
^^Dude, nobody cares. Go take your racial pity party somewhere else.
haha im not saying this so anyone can care.. i mean thread title has LOL in it

i just think its funny and SOME OF u SD natives are in denial about it.. all i want is u guys to accept it..

this isnt a racial pity party, its just stating facts..lol

Old 03-26-2011, 04:39 PM

1,996 posts, read 4,769,387 times
I think it's like 45% or a little higher than that. Generally Hispanics and Blacks in California live in poorer neighborhoods, it's been like that forever.

Hispanics and Blacks in SD and CA don't really have a true middle or upper middle class, so that's why downtown these days is the way it is. it's very homogeneous. I wouldn't mind seeing more mixed race people myself downtown, because you are right, it's not that diverse.

When I went out with that black girl, people broke their necks looking at us when we were out and about, since you never ever see a Mexican guy hooking up with a cute Black girl, especially here in San Diego, I have personally never seen it. We definitely got some dirty looks together, hater stares from black dudes as a matter of fact, like "What the hell is that fool doing with my kind" since black girls are always with their own kind, 99% of the time. I brush it off, it doesn't even bother me, I actually thrive off it! It's funny to **** people off that have no reason to be upset. Sometimes we need to see different races of people hooking up every once in awhile, because it's reassuring to all ethnicities that it's "OK" to be with somebody that is not of your race, or culture. People should embrace it, this is not 1950, but it's going to take another generation I feel nationwide where mixed race couples will become more of an standard, and accepted in this country.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:00 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
Quote:
BUT, ive been here almost a year.. i cant count how many girls ive met who have never EVER dated black guys.. I mean FFS i met this girl recently but she wont let me see her family/friends cuz they'll be like WTF u doing with a black guy? lol.. ive never heard this in my life while in NYC.. i mean this isnt 1920
It will take a bit more than a year to fully adjust to the San Diego way of doing things. Took me about 5 or so. I've dated these exact types of girls you are speaking of. However, I think there are a lot of these types in many places. Many white women may not have dated black men simply because they may not have had a decent opportunity. They are not necessarily actively discriminating although I am not foolish enough to believe that it never happens. I stopped seeing a girl quite suddenly exactly because she kept me "hidden". Just gotta move on and find someone else.
Quote:
one of these other girls ive been talking to said that her grandma would have a stroke if she knew she was with a black guy..
Been there, done that too man.
Quote:
I mean ya u guys can say all u want, but how about this? I live in a luxury building.. I remember when i first moved here, in the elevator, ppl kept asking me oh u live here? really?(with a shocked look like WTF is he doing here) or if i have food they go like are u delivering food, what floor do u need to go to? i mean WTF?
You need to use dry sarcasm in that situation. San Diegans tend not to appreciate that much and will leave you alone after a while. I just say, "yeah I am, I need to eat the next few days so I obviously have to deliver food to my residence: lol

Quote:
Why not do a test, ask 5 of your female friends in SD if they would date a black guy here, come back and tell us the results.. i can bet at least 3 out of 5 will say NO
Yes but one of them may actually date you. Rather than conducting "tests" just find out who might be into you.

Quote:
SD is not a mixed city at all.. ya its not racist, but its not mixed either.. i live on front & market and everyone here is white, my whole building is WHITE, i went clubbing last night, i saw maybe 5 black dudes, everyone else was WHITE, its a very very WHITE place.. and when you have a very very WHITE place, its not going to be the same..
Well I can agree with this for the most part. However like sdlife619 said, it is segregated. I live in Chula Vista, most people here are Hispanic and then Asian. Both blacks and whites are minorities here.

Quote:
LETs be honest...and this is for people that live/grew up in SD.. tell your friends hey i know this black guy who has a nice car and makes a lot of money.. they'll be like is he a drug dealer?? lmao
Come on man, it's not THAT bad.

Listen, while I agree with some of your points and have ranted in the past about my qualms with San Diego, I will tell you that you can make it work. I am average in every conceivable way. Nothing special about me at all and yet I've managed to date, although not much in SD. I'm with a girl now that you would never know dated black men. Turns out that's what she's attracted to but if one were to stereotype her, you would think she's quite different. I'm also liberal and she's conservative. Somehow, we've made it work out quite well for a year and a half. One thing about SD women is that they're really big on attitude. If your attitude sucks, your luck will suck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego