Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:17 AM

4 posts, read 31,560 times

Advertisements

Can you tell me which is the best shop in San Diego to buy an unlocked smartphone?

I don't know which one to buy, I like the ipohone 4 (like everyone) but it also can be any Nokia or Balckberry. I want to stay connected, WiFi access, GPS, Bluetooth...

Thnaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 07:35 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,271,531 times
GS Wireless on University in City Heights hands down.
4227 University Ave. 92105

I have been working with these guys for years back in my field testing days (pre-smartphone).
This is the ONLY place I go to get these types of phones last minute as I need to buy a lot of phones. He has the latest stuff in there form Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Moto etc.
Prices are decent and he also has unlocking hardware and software there if needed.

As a former mobile phone un-locker, the owner there is legit and knows what he is doing if that is what you need.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:32 AM

I'm from Spain and I'm visiting San Diego in a few months, what I want is to buy an unlocked mobile phone I can take back to Spain as I presume prices will be better there.

Thanks.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,381,626 times
That store that Shmoov recommended sounds solid. I've bought several phones off of Ebay before and had great luck. I've only purchased from Power Sellers that have over 500 transactions and no negative comments. I've purchased unlocked Iphones brand new in the box.

I also lived abroad where electronics were 2 or 3 X the cost of in the USA so I bought several iphones that were factory unlocked. They were expensive but were really great. They weren't jailbroken so I didn't have to worry about updating the software.

The iphone is a really great phone. The only thing that really sucks is the battery on it.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yojuanjo View Post
I'm from Spain and I'm visiting San Diego in a few months, what I want is to buy an unlocked mobile phone I can take back to Spain as I presume prices will be better there.

Thanks.
Vale.. The Euro to Dollar exchange works heavily in your favor.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:12 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,930 times
Virtually all independent wireless phone shops will unlock a phone for you.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Virtually all independent wireless phone shops will unlock a phone for you.
Right, but he was looking for "unlocked" phones sans carrier crapware in it. In other words, an AT&T phone can be unlocked by an independent or by the user. A user can unlock their subsidized for free, but dont know that. Pay your bills on time and call the tech support number where they will give your instructions on the process. Each SIM lock is specified by its IMEI which only the carrier has here in the US. Any other pay service via the internet does the same thing a user would.

CDMA devices on the other hand MUST be flashed.

Unlike the US, Nokia still is one of the most sought after manufacturers in the world for unlocked phones.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 7,866 times
Default safelist.com san diego classifieds

check out [URL="http://www.safelist.com"]www.safelist.com[/URL] one of the best san diego classifieds web services, with all members verified prior to being allowed to sell on the portal, so there's no worries of getting scammed.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
Vale.. The Euro to Dollar exchange works heavily in your favor.
That's the idea

Old 05-06-2011, 05:39 AM

Hi again, Does GS Wireless have any email or web address where I can contact them prior to arriving?

I also have read good comments about PCS Connection do you have any opinion?

Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: