Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2011, 01:53 AM

1,658 posts, read 7,572,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy View Post
This small area is quietly unknown for being a normal neighborhood, with lots of retirees, lots of churchgoers...I love where I live in 92154. I would recommend living 1/2 mile west of the 805, up on the Mesa.
I live off of Twining/Palm... less drama, the Fire Dept. is close and there are LOTS of Kops patrolling this area.

I have lived here 7.5 years and love the climate and have not had any personal crime issues, the Kops patrol quite heavily,

And, the bus routes (933/934/929) are great, the trolley is also close by, at Palm Trolley Stop.... No good for parking a car, break ins...

THE CLIMATE IS TO DIE FOR. cooler than downtown, like living at the beach!

Shopping is good, lots of diversity!

I formerly lived in:

National City yucky
OB gangs

PB too many drunks
Mission Valley too congested

This is paradise for me. If we added a 2nd story, we could see the ocean!

I am considering holding this home we bought to retire in later on, we may have to move away to care for parents, but it is a great area to rent out homes. The market rents for a 3/2 is 1800-2000/mo. And they are scarce.
Great post.I feel the same way.Been here sense Oct 2010 and I love it.It kind of does feel like paradise to me as well.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 12:42 PM

10 posts, read 16,261 times
Default Thankyou!

Sincerely appreciate the thought and effort you all have contributed to helping me feel at ease with ongoing plans.

Limited research concluded that the area of HARRIS avenue is close to 2 mobile home parks and the trolley which can noise and other obvious negatives, but seems to keep home prices low.

Having perused the area I also surmised that this area is lower income (I belong), hopefully safe, low density, has nice proximity for my needs, and best bang for my buck provided the neighbors are cool.

The positives have out numbered the negatives and if all goes well I will be biking to the ocean, hiking in the otay mesa preserves, jogging in the nearby parks, and living the southern cali dream many of you call reality.

Now if I can only find nearby areas to dirt bike.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:15 PM

1,029 posts, read 2,481,191 times
Be careful biking around. Watch out for SOME of those in cars...

Wear bright clothes too. Have fun though.

There is also a bus line that runs down Palm Avenue to IB and it has a spotfor your bike. It is the 933/934 route.

Anyplace near the trolley line is going to be sketchier than a bit inland.

But I think those MHP'S are okay.

Here is a real estate/demographic link for 92154:

SDLookup.com | Nestor Real Estate & Homes

It also has demographics. Just stay on the US side and you will be ok! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego