Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 02:08 PM

56 posts, read 115,054 times

Advertisements

All I care about is location. I can sleep on the floor as long as 87% of the people at least speak the English language in the country of America in the location I live. Last time I complained about this, someone mentioned Education. Guess what? It's not everything. I am progressing towards the corporate world of Linux and UNIX administration without the luxury degree because I have a little something schools don't give you - YEARS OF EXPERIENCE.

I know most of you drive you cars and bypass all the trash, litter, dirtballs, criminals,crooks, etc but I am trekking by foot. I'm striving hard to get to where you are. I am looking for a place that is in the middle. Poway seemed it, but the rooms are kind of rare, and it's isolated in the middle of nowhere with inadequate public transportatation. I know the mods don't like profanity, but this place, north County, Vista in particular, is an eight letter word ending in the syllable hole. That can be many words, including dirthole, which is perfectly legitimate. it has great transportation, but the people make it disgusting. Felons, crooks, thieves, i've had laundry stolen.

So anyways rants over: I have $600/month. All Inclusive. Sweet spot on CL is $550 since everyone wants to tax on utilities. I email people regardless of utilities or deposit, Lowballing at this point. I put in 30 days notice with my cigarette smoking room mates, I know there are rooms <=$600 in PB, but they always want 'female only' or some perfection. I am pretty damn close to it, and deserve a good room. Please help me find alternatives to unreasonably priced beach rooms where I may be happy. Poway wasn't so bad.

Leucadia is nice, Encinitas is nice, Carlsbad is nice, La Jolla is out of price range for sure but any other areas I'm missing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 02:37 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,921,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
All I care about is location. I can sleep on the floor as long as 87% of the people at least speak the English language in the country of America in the location I live. Last time I complained about this, someone mentioned Education. Guess what? It's not everything. I am progressing towards the corporate world of Linux and UNIX administration without the luxury degree because I have a little something schools don't give you - YEARS OF EXPERIENCE.

I know most of you drive you cars and bypass all the trash, litter, dirtballs, criminals,crooks, etc but I am trekking by foot. I'm striving hard to get to where you are. I am looking for a place that is in the middle. Poway seemed it, but the rooms are kind of rare, and it's isolated in the middle of nowhere with inadequate public transportatation. I know the mods don't like profanity, but this place, north County, Vista in particular, is an eight letter word ending in the syllable hole. That can be many words, including dirthole, which is perfectly legitimate. it has great transportation, but the people make it disgusting. Felons, crooks, thieves, i've had laundry stolen.
So anyways rants over: I have $600/month. All Inclusive. Sweet spot on CL is $550 since everyone wants to tax on utilities. I email people regardless of utilities or deposit, Lowballing at this point. I put in 30 days notice with my cigarette smoking room mates, I know there are rooms <=$600 in PB, but they always want 'female only' or some perfection. I am pretty damn close to it, and deserve a good room. Please help me find alternatives to unreasonably priced beach rooms where I may be happy. Poway wasn't so bad.
Leucadia is nice, Encinitas is nice, Carlsbad is nice, La Jolla is out of price range for sure but any other areas I'm missing?
Kinesis, honey, your posts have a whiny / ticked off / disparaging tone that you may not be aware of. The point is, not too many folks are going to be motivated to help you out unless you can, somehow, manage to sound a little more humble and positive...

Old 05-21-2011, 02:58 PM

I am being reasonable hre. I see police detaining a punk suspect on a daily basis here. It's a bad area. Ok. I understand San Diego has bad parts. The purpose of this post is to simply find out what areas I need to target ten days towards the begnning of my 30 day notice when I begin my rounds if I want a positive outcome of a place to live that will WORK for me. I am tired of hopping like a frog from place to place, I just want to be happy. Loading EVERYTHING I own in my 40 gallon rubbermaid tub, or as much as Ican and burning all my paperwork in a fire at the beach and just going to OC might be a good option too.. However, I don't know OC, so it makes me uncomfortable. I know San Diego, just not what I should be looking for and expecting with my monthly $600 rental budget. I am trying to be reasonable, just put yourself in my shoes for one moment.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:09 PM

139 posts, read 300,524 times
The truth hurts and I speak the truth when I say $600/month will get you that. I work in IT and must say you sound kind of snobby with the whole experience thing. If you have that much experience you should be able to afford more than $600 a month, but then again I don't know if you are paying for a divorce, medical bills, etc. If you want get a better locale for $600 a month, I'd look into renting a room or guest house.

P.S. - You'll be happy if you look at the realities of renting and not at what you think you may deserve. I can say renters are playing the odds of not getting reamed and the odds are much better with a female versus a male. Not saying you can't get ripped off renting to a female, but it is a lot less likely looking at the big picture.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:15 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Quote:

I feel for you man, your situation and mindset sounds a lot like mine.

Sorry I cannot help you with a place, I am living in a dump myself around a bunch of stinky, ne'er-do-wells who lay around and smoke all day.

Society is crumbling, if you have enough money you can kinda insulate yourself from the dregs........if you are kinda poor.......oh the humanity.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:08 PM

it's relative. if you see society as crumbling, that's what it is. change your mindset to a confident one, optimism. things will get better, it just takes time, fortitude, and perseverence. For me it took confidence boosting psychiatric medications to overcome the psychological trauma caused by oppression/depression of poverty. Move out of my way! I'll bulldoze you, and once I finally acheive salary paying career placement (bay area, you dont ned a car to rde the BART) I will be wel on my way to success. All the Linux jobs out here(my skill,talent,art) want unhealthy 24/7 datacenter access, requiring a car. or rotating shifts. That's why I'd rather work for a multimillion or multibillion dollar company that has money to invest in the right talented candidate who is going to use the opportunity to grow. I don't know what your skills are, but sometime sit down, wrte your best attributes down on paper, along with your faults and see what fits for you. Freelancing,references, and networking help.Whether or not the culmination of 2 years of seeds I planted and 10 years of Linux experience end up paying off with a job _out_ of San Diego dosnt matter because a job is a job! especially today.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:50 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Quote:
it's relative. if you see society as crumbling, that's what it is. change your mindset to a confident one, optimism. things will get better, it just takes time, fortitude, and perseverence. For me it took confidence boosting psychiatric medications to overcome the psychological trauma caused by oppression/depression of poverty. Move out of my way! I'll bulldoze you, and once I finally acheive salary paying career placement (bay area, you dont ned a car to rde the BART) I will be wel on my way to success. All the Linux jobs out here(my skill,talent,art) want unhealthy 24/7 datacenter access, requiring a car. or rotating shifts. That's why I'd rather work for a multimillion or multibillion dollar company that has money to invest in the right talented candidate who is going to use the opportunity to grow. I don't know what your skills are, but sometime sit down, wrte your best attributes down on paper, along with your faults and see what fits for you. Freelancing,references, and networking help.Whether or not the culmination of 2 years of seeds I planted and 10 years of Linux experience end up paying off with a job _out_ of San Diego dosnt matter because a job is a job! especially today.

Well, good luck.

I am too dense to work with or around computers. I am learning C and that is boiling my brains.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:00 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,338,543 times
If someone hasn't already mentioned it, you 2 should get place together....like 2 peas in pod!

Old 09-20-2012, 09:28 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
Considering that this thread is over a year old, I would assume he's found a place to live by now.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:39 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,381,074 times
San Diego isn't for a large percentage of the people out there. If you can't afford it then you have to focus on more affordable places around the country. And I'm not just speaking about the OP. There are many people that can't afford to live here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego