U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 07:03 PM

4,631 posts, read 8,476,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachtreeCornersMike View Post
So basically the California version of rednecks/hillbillies, mixed with a metrosexual? Interesting. I saw this in one post:

Surely that is not their defining trait? Minus dirtbikes, it doesn't seem that crazy.

If I do choose SD, how do I avoid picking a place in Pacific Beach with a bro roommate?
Being a "bro" is a whole lifestyle whether its surfing, skating, dirtbiking etc.

Its the stereotypical equivalent to a Guido or a redneck I suppose. Not the specifics but the framework (specific dress and tude). Its just another type of wolfpack that's all about getting laid and being stoked on "stuff". I probably missed some things but thats the rough picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 08:43 PM

114 posts, read 212,537 times
Where you live and where you party dont have to be the same place, especially here in San Diego where it's very easy to cross the city. I work east of UTC , north of Miramar road. I get home from work in 15 minutes without traffic. Going from UTC to downtown is very easy. Head west to 5, take 5 to downtown.

The restaurant bars in UTC may surprise you, also. Secretaries have to hang out somewhere ya know

Old 05-24-2011, 10:33 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,903,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0t View Post
Where you live and where you party dont have to be the same place, especially here in San Diego where it's very easy to cross the city. ...
But as it's illegal (not to mention dangerous) to drive while under the influence, it makes life a good deal more convenient if where you live and where you part are pretty close to each other.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:00 AM

115 posts, read 197,452 times
I agree. A DUI would really mess things up for me. I want to live within walking distance to the #1 party district, and a $10 cab ride away from the 2nd-best party district. Any ideas?

Old 05-24-2011, 11:24 AM

4,631 posts, read 8,476,030 times
Mike,

This is a very spread out city so a $10 cab ride doesnt really get you too far.

You certainly have a lot of questions which is cool, but you really have no idea until you come out and see it for yourself. Google Maps wisdom and City-Data input goes only so far as it suits your taste. You may hate all of these areas that were mentioned. If you spent a week out here scouting and seeing some of the places mentioned, it might be worth your while.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:51 PM

75 posts, read 93,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
PB, thread over.

YES hahahhaha

I went during SDSUs final week. The PB bars were pretty empty. Anyone mind clarifying how packed they normally are and the guy to girl ratio?

Old 05-24-2011, 05:33 PM

71 posts, read 96,748 times
Scott you are hearing correctly that MB or PB will be the best spots based on your criteria. I don't think there is a higher concentration of people in your age range anywhere else in SD.

I lived in South Mission for several years and it was great but later moved up into PB which has way more options for everything. Personally I would recommend PB as there are more options and less traffic and parking hassles than in MB. I moved out of PB a few years ago but I'm still close by and still shop at the PB Vons - maybe the best grocery store for people watching in CA with the Safeway in the Marina in SF running a close second.

Anyway PB is probably your spot - good luck, have fun.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:42 PM

115 posts, read 197,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
Mike,

This is a very spread out city so a $10 cab ride doesnt really get you too far.

You certainly have a lot of questions which is cool, but you really have no idea until you come out and see it for yourself. Google Maps wisdom and City-Data input goes only so far as it suits your taste. You may hate all of these areas that were mentioned. If you spent a week out here scouting and seeing some of the places mentioned, it might be worth your while.
Oh of course, I am definitely planning on visiting. I really would like to narrow it down to two cities, then visit both. It keeps changing everyday though, but SD is still in the top-two based on what I am hearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or