Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 09:54 PM

9,522 posts, read 30,349,200 times

Advertisements

I don't know why folks are suggesting Temecula or San Marcos. Even if you found an acre there it's only a matter of time until tract-sprawl ends up at your front door.

Far north SD county, Escondido, Ramona, Lakeside, or far east SD county, alternatively southern Riverside county is your best bet. Mostly unincorporated areas, mostly homes that were literally shacks at some point (many have been added onto over the years to appear like normal houses) in semi-rural downtrodden areas, with a bunch of whisky tango neighbors, that's what SDLookup tends to forget to tell you.

Nice home for 300k on acreage in the SD county backcountry, forget it. It's either shackville or mansions, and not much inbetween. Just because the house looks cute in a listing doesn't mean your neighbors have teeth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 10:00 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,459,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
I don't know why folks are suggesting Temecula or San Marcos. Even if you found an acre there it's only a matter of time until tract-sprawl ends up at your front door.

Far north SD county, Escondido, Ramona, Lakeside, or far east SD county, alternatively southern Riverside county is your best bet. Mostly unincorporated areas, mostly homes that were literally shacks at some point (many have been added onto over the years to appear like normal houses) in semi-rural downtrodden areas, with a bunch of whisky tango neighbors, that's what SDLookup tends to forget to tell you.

Nice home for 300k on acreage in the SD county backcountry, forget it. It's either shackville or mansions, and not much inbetween. Just because the house looks cute in a listing doesn't mean your neighbors have teeth.

She said they'd love to get a major fixer for that price. Very easy to do.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:01 PM

9,522 posts, read 30,349,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
She said they'd love to get a major fixer for that price. Very easy to do.
True, major fixer i.e. teardown for sure. Shackville. You could have the nicest house on the block.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:45 PM

128 posts, read 283,851 times
Fallbrook may have land at that price. Escondido too.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:03 AM

124 posts, read 331,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
There are areas in Temecula that is set aside for at least half an acre lot sized homes. Los Ranchitos is one that I know of... I'm pretty sure there are more along wine country. As for that neighborhood that I've just mentioned... I don't see any tract homes sprouting around it since it's already been developed.

There is a current liquidation sale on a development off of Ynez Road where you can buy lots and build your own house.

From the sounds of it, it seems like she just wants land... not necessarily to be out in the country. Temecula might work for her as it's not in the middle of nowhere with nothing... but will work for her budget.

But then again, she wants to be within 30 miles from San Diego... I don't think she'll get that.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:47 AM

50,060 posts, read 46,570,390 times
Valley Center.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:35 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,545,719 times
You sound like you could be a good fit for Ramona. My folks live there on eight acres. You can get less acreage for a lower price and you won't be too far from amenities. I lived with them while in college and I loved it. Check for listings in the Mount Woodson area.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:50 PM

50,060 posts, read 46,570,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
You sound like you could be a good fit for Ramona. My folks live there on eight acres. You can get less acreage for a lower price and you won't be too far from amenities. I lived with them while in college and I loved it. Check for listings in the Mount Woodson area.
So long as you don't have to commute. WHEW that is ugly.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:08 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,233,629 times
There is plenty out in the county for under 300k with lots of land. HOWEVER, the likelihood of it being near anything that would require access in case of emergency is pretty low and more than likely halfway to the desert over or in the mountains. Since you had those as requirements, i listed properties that exist based on the housing criteria to give you an idea. Honestly I have no idea what facilities are nearby to these parts of the county. You would really need to speak to someone that has an idea. These are parts of the county that I traversed only a handful of times.

For the record, Temecula is not SD County its Riverside.

Here is a place in Dulzurra which is SD County and 3 acres

SDLookup.com | 17957*Highway*94 - MLS# 110026719

Portrero
SDLookup.com | 25749*Potrero*Valley*Rd - MLS# 110021212

Pine Valley 5 acres
SDLookup.com | 2440*Heathers*Country*Ln - MLS# 110026426

Old 05-31-2011, 05:10 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,459,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
There is plenty out in the county for under 300k with lots of land. HOWEVER, the likelihood of it being near anything that would require access in case of emergency is pretty low and more than likely halfway to the desert over or in the mountains. Since you had those as requirements, i listed properties that exist based on the housing criteria to give you an idea. Honestly I have no idea what facilities are nearby to these parts of the county. You would really need to speak to someone that has an idea. These are parts of the county that I traversed only a handful of times.

For the record, Temecula is not SD County its Riverside.

Here is a place in Dulzurra which is SD County and 3 acres

SDLookup.com | 17957*Highway*94 - MLS# 110026719

Portrero
SDLookup.com | 25749*Potrero*Valley*Rd - MLS# 110021212

Pine Valley 5 acres
SDLookup.com | 2440*Heathers*Country*Ln - MLS# 110026426

Did you miss the 3 recent sales I posted in the Lakeside area? Lakeside is only about 10 miles from Grossmont Hospital, and less than 30 miles from downtown San Diego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego