U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 09:26 PM

2 posts, read 1,744 times

Advertisements

My Fiancee and i are getting married in August, he is from San Diego, Mira Mesa to be exact. He works for the government and primarily works out of Camp Pendleton and secondarily (sometimes) works out of North Island Naval Base (Coronado) but he is primarily in CP 85% of the year...We are really considering moving to the North County to stay close to each other since we're both Diabetic (he - type 2 and me - type 1), sometimes he has to drive home from work and pick me up to take me to the hospital (which has happened 3 times thus far). With him working in Camp Pendleton and Me being at his parents house in Mira Mesa, its a bit of a commute especially when i need to be rushed to emergency.

I have Fallin in Love with San Diego, then again im from Victorville, CA (bathroom stop to Las Vegas). We keep hearing mixed reviews about where to stay away from and where to look for apts in North County, but i wanted to hear from the locals. My Fiancee graduated from CSUSM and kinda knows the area but lived near the campus for 2 years...he usually stayed in the San Marcos area which if he recalls wasn't to bad but sometimes his perspective of what's safe is really different from mine...I call him, "My Ghetto Boy" and he call me, "My Proper Girl"... I don't work, plagued with medical issues, and my Fiancee makes descent money (nothing to brag about), it will be tight but we can make it work.

Details: First Time Renters, Excellent Credit

Looking for apts or rentals for/around $800-1100, 1br/1ba, prefer to allow a cat with little to no deposit or monthly

im sure like everyone else, a good/safe neighborhood, we would sacrifice paying on the up side of our budget and a bit more commute over low side with close to work, but bad neighborhood. If we plan to have kids soon, then i gotta consider their safety as well.

I would appreciate any help anyone can offer, Since ive been dating my Fiancee I have fallin head over heals for San Diego! Especially North County! Always Stay Classy San Diego

Thanks in Advance!

CrysMitz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 10:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,744 times
Default widening search

not just looking in Oceanside and Vista...considering Fallbrook, Bonsall, Valley Center, Escondido, San Marcos, Vista, Shadowridge, Oceanside, San Elijo, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Solana Beach...etc, pretty much North County: North inland, North East, North Central, North Coastal and Coastal...to broaden out search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego