Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 10:31 PM
LDH

168 posts, read 587,857 times

Advertisements

You are lucky you weren't arrested for reckless driving. You could've ended up paying a lot more than $440.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 10:56 PM

1,029 posts, read 2,482,786 times
To My Fellow SD Drivers:

1. Do not drink or do drugs while driving...

THANKS!

2. Stay off the phone...

Thanx!

3. cOME TO A FULL STOP.

oBEY S-PEED LIMITS

Just get yer **** together, merge onto the freeway quick, and last of all:

DO nOT RIDE MY ASS! I will play the chicken game and slow my ass down...

Old 07-01-2011, 12:16 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
You are correct, Jenkay, and you are incorrect, Bandon of the Pacific NW.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:02 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
The OP said he was doing 86 in a 65 zone. That's why he got a ticket. No argument, no wiggle room, no "implications" of right or wrong when it comes to that part... Bloom was entirely correct in saying "because you were speeding". It's a FACT. Cold and hard. No dispute.

And he VERY clearly said the OP was an a-hole FOR STARTING A TEN PAGE THREAD. Which wasn't very nice but has nothing to do with the ticket thing- and again I'm betting it was kind of tongue in cheek, since it was mostly you (and me, and one or two other people) who blew the whole thing out of proportion... I really can't figure out what you're on about when you mix up the two statements and somehow get "police-worship" and a rant about authority out of it.

Did you forget your tinfoil hat today?

Whenever someone trots out the "tinfoil" remarks I'm always like "yes..now I KNOW I'm right". It simply means that you and the other sheep are threatened by the black sheep for threatening the status quo. Go ahead and fight to the death to protect the system. I don't care.

But that doesn't change the fact that the cops need to issue tickets for the slower drivers who refuse to get over thereby causing road rage. Which says to me that the police don't really give a flying frogs fat butt about reducing road rage. All they want to do is cash in from it. Otherwise wouldn't they take steps to reduce it ? such as issuing tickets to slow-pokes and even removing them from the roads ? Hmmm

Old 07-01-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Now you're hitting a bit below the belt. At what age, in your considerate opinion, should a person not be allowed to drive?
Well, going on the rash of elderly who have mistaken the gas for the brake and driven into buildings killing and maiming people in my area (one of them a couple blocks away from here), I would say as soon as your reflexes and mental capacities have degenerated to the point that you are having small "accidents". BEFORE you kill someone.

To me it's the height of selfishness to continue to drive out of stubborness (it's my right, dammit !!!) when you KNOW plain well you are unsafe on the roads.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
You are correct, Jenkay, and you are incorrect, Bandon of the Pacific NW.
Incorrect about what, exactly ?

Old 07-01-2011, 07:44 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,032,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandon View Post
whenever someone trots out the "tinfoil" remarks i'm always like "yes..now i know i'm right". It simply means that you and the other sheep are threatened by the black sheep for threatening the status quo. Go ahead and fight to the death to protect the system. I don't care.

But that doesn't change the fact that the cops need to issue tickets for the slower drivers who refuse to get over thereby causing road rage. Which says to me that the police don't really give a flying frogs fat butt about reducing road rage. All they want to do is cash in from it. Otherwise wouldn't they take steps to reduce it ? Such as issuing tickets to slow-pokes and even removing them from the roads ? Hmmm
lol.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:22 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Well this has been highly entertaining.

* Speeding ticket was high because speeding was in excess of 20 mph...or, at least the OP "thinks" it was. For all we know, the speed limit could have been 55...should say on the ticket itself.

* As someone who lived in Germany, I can assure you that there is no comparison to the autobahn. The reason is because the people who drive on the autobahns have courtesy and respect for their fellow drivers. Everyone is in co-operation and THAT is why it works. Nonetheless, we are human and humans make mistakes and when there is an accident on one of the autobahns, it's usually pretty drastic and not some minor fender bender.

* Rage comes from within, it is NOT caused by other people, it IS caused by the individual who is experiencing the rage because, as was said, they have absolutely NO control over their emotions. As has been illustrated very clearly in this thread. "I do not have rage!!! GRRRRRRR! How dare you assume things!"

* It only takes one accident for a person to calm the hell down on the roads. If you're lucky, it won't be a bad accident. Getting upset at other drivers because you think they drive too slow, you are only hurting yourself. While you're in your car, freaking out, the person driving slow is listening to NPR or some classical music or whatever and is just going along in life, peacefully. Sure, sure, they "almost" caused an accident but they didn't...so, sure, you can be annoyed, sigh heavily, whatever but to get all bent out of shape over something you will never be able to control is ridiculous and shows a serious lack of maturity...no matter how many As you get in college. (And the very fact that you said "I get As in college" shows me how so very young you are.) There are bigger issues in life than "someone made me late for work because they drove too slow". And the answer is, yes, "leave earlier". It's not being psychic, it's called, "planning and preparing" for situations you MAY run in to on the way to work. After the 5th time of hearing, "This person was in front of me driving really slow, that's why I'm late", your boss is not going to care, they're going to get rid of you and find someone else who knows how to get up earlier and "plan and prepare" for situations such as this.

* JenKay, enjoy your vacation.

* The left lane is not the "fast lane" it is the passing lane. The speed limit is posted along the road. If it is 65 mph, you may go 65mph. But that does not mean you get to sit in the left lane just because you are going 65 mph if you are not passing anyone. The left lane is for passing. It is not for those who want to play "wanna be cop" and slow everyone down who is speeding, (let the police handle the job, apparently with a $400 + ticket, they are doing a great job), just to be a jerk. It is for passing, once you have passed, you get over. It's simple.

* Playing games on the road is not only dangerous, it's stupid. What would happen if you decided to slam on the brakes to someone riding your back end to "prove your point"? You could end up in a wheelchair. Wow, you really showed them. People need to stop being so aggressive on the roads. We are not NASCAR drivers and too many people have less than stellar driving skills as it is. It's like people get their licenses out of a Cracker Jack's box. "Free toy inside!"

People are going to drive faster than you, people are going to drive slower than you. People are going to make mistakes and pull out in front of you. People are going to merge on to the freeway slower than you think they should. People are going to tailgate you. People are going to be idiots on the road. To save yourself a lot of health problems later, stick with the speed limit, close to it, find something pleasant to listen to on the radio that will calm you down, realize that people are different and will not act exactly how you want them to, you will never, ever, no matter how much complaining you do, EVER change that so you may as well start to accept it, stop playing games on the road from playing "chicken" to "wanna be cop", keep your car well maintained to avoid breakdowns, make sure you have enough gas, LEAVE earlier from your home so that you are not in such a damn hurry to get where you are going, ENJOY the ride.

And if you do get pulled over, spare the cop the excuses. They've heard all of them before. You really aren't as clever as you think you are, (general you, not pointed at anyone on here), and you're just going to annoy the cop. Take responsibility for what you did, pay the fine, do the time, and think twice next time.

Cars are lethal weapons if we use them incorrectly. There are reasons we have speed limits, lines, stop lights, etc. It's organized so that everyone can remain as safe as possible while driving. If you don't like that, don't drive.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:15 PM

* Rage comes from within, it is NOT caused by other people, it IS caused by the individual who is experiencing the rage because, as was said, they have absolutely NO control over their emotions. As has been illustrated very clearly in this thread. "I do not have rage!!! GRRRRRRR! How dare you assume things!"

Wrong !!! If road rage comes from within, then how do you explain the fact that you can be in a perfectly good mood driving along without a care in the world and then ONLY become full of rage when confronted with an inconsiderate driver ? Hmmm

* It only takes one accident for a person to calm the hell down on the roads. If you're lucky, it won't be a bad accident. Getting upset at other drivers because you think they drive too slow, you are only hurting yourself. While you're in your car, freaking out, the person driving slow is listening to NPR or some classical music or whatever and is just going along in life, peacefully. Sure, sure, they "almost" caused an accident but they didn't...so, sure, you can be annoyed, sigh heavily, whatever but to get all bent out of shape over something you will never be able to control is ridiculous and shows a serious lack of maturity...no matter how many As you get in college. (And the very fact that you said "I get As in college" shows me how so very young you are.)
The only reason I made that comment about the As in school was because JENKAY said that I had low-reading comprehension. It had nothing to do with the arguement at hand.

There are bigger issues in life than "someone made me late for work because they drove too slow". And the answer is, yes, "leave earlier". It's not being psychic, it's called, "planning and preparing" for situations you MAY run in to on the way to work. After the 5th time of hearing, "This person was in front of me driving really slow, that's why I'm late", your boss is not going to care, they're going to get rid of you and find someone else who knows how to get up earlier and "plan and prepare" for situations such as this.

Okay..maybe I need to reword my "you must be psychic when you suggest just leave earlier" comment.

I used to live about 15 minutes from my place of work. Somedays it would take 15 minutes to get there, another day it would take maybe 10, and then some days as late as 20 to 30. Why ? Because I had no idea who I was going to get stuck behind.

If you don't know how fast you are going to be allowed to go, it stands to reason you don't know how much earlier to leave. That is why I said you must be more psychic then I am.

If enough people complain about these drivers, then maybe they will read these posts and rethink they're driving behavior. The driver who merely wants to go the speed limit (such a bad guy HE is, right ?) shouldn't be the only one expected to give and take on the roads.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:31 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,990,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMama View Post
while you're in your car, freaking out, the person driving slow is listening to NPR or some classical music...
I am the one listening to NPR and driving slow in my civic.

I don't know if it's because I'm 36, or because I traded in my souped up Euro car, but for the last few years I've been driving like a Nancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMama View Post
The left lane is not the "fast lane" it is the passing lane. The speed limit is posted along the road. If it is 65 mph, you may go 65mph. But that does not mean you get to sit in the left lane just because you are going 65 mph if you are not passing anyone. The left lane is for passing. It is not for those who want to play "wanna be cop" and slow everyone down who is speeding, (let the police handle the job, apparently with a $400 + ticket, they are doing a great job), just to be a jerk. It is for passing, once you have passed, you get over. It's simple.
That thought never came to my mind. Do people actually drive in the fast lane (slow) because they're trying to slow down people? It's one of my biggest pet peeves, I used to put on my left turn signal when I was in the fast lane if someone in front of me was going slow...and it usually worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego