Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 12:04 PM

1,447 posts, read 2,745,113 times

Advertisements

I was driving almost 80 this morning on my way to work and got passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 12:08 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
1/2 of me says you can't not be for real. The other 1/2 says you are a spoiled senselesson spoiled, self certerly, loud mouth. I am shocked the cop didn't drag your sorry A@@ into fail where you belong, before the judge sentensed you to a year in anger management classes.

How old was this old man who you are sure did not see you? Has it dawned on you someday you might be that old man? As for "certain cultures" talk about bigotted; wow, you must be a wonderful individaul to spend time with. Either you are all of maybe 20 going on about 5 or you need to get a life.

BTW: you refer to what pisses Americans off: maybe you should speak for yourself and not the rest of us.
Nita
You need to ****, seriously. As a taxpayer I have EVERY right to speak up if I feel an injustice has been committed. That is MY right.

You know what, slowpoke ? Why don't you simply MOVE over when you can plainly see someone wants by ?

And you can stop with the PC crap by the way as more and more people are getting seriously SICK of it. I am reporting what I SEE objectively out there. How is the truth bigotted...how in any shape or FORM can you honestly say that certain cultures do NOT driver slower then Americans. I'm challenging you to come here and sit by the side of the main road in this town for a few hours. THEN, and ONLY then can you come back to ME and tell me that I'm FOS and bigotted. Until then..you need to, as I said, ****.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:09 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Lighten up ? So you're saying I should be ok with the elderly man (who shouldn't have been driving in the first place) pulling out directly in front of me without looking and not only THAT, continuing on at a snails pace making me late for work ?

And don't even try the "just leave earlier" nonsense. Becuase if you really think that's a valid arguement then you're more psychic then I am. How much earlier is one supposed to leave if they don't know how freaking fast they're going to be allowed to GO ???

Slow drivers. DIAF please.

Lastly, and to set the record straight as I am so tired of the speeders being vilified while the slow are placed on pedestals:

Road rage does not just suddenly materialize out of nowhere for no reason. It is ALWAYS another driver causing it. This whole idea of nobody-else-affects-us and everything we feel is OUR responsibility alone crap needs to be put to bed.
People need to be held accountable for how they affect other people. Same with accidents if you want my honest opinion. I believe there are very few accidents. Mostly "accidents" are a result of other peoples stupidity, yakking on the phone etc. I believe that if such a person causes a major tie up on a road where others are simply minding their own business trying to get home from work, then THAT person should have to compensate every single one of these innocent bystanders for the inconvenience their stupidity caused.
Yes, you should be held accountable for how you affect other people. You notice I said "you" should.Road rage isn't caused by the police or by slow drivers, it is caused by people who can not control the rage when they drive: that is why it is called road rage.

Nita

Old 06-29-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Yes, you should be held accountable for how you affect other people. You notice I said "you" should.Road rage isn't caused by the police or by slow drivers, it is caused by people who can not control the rage when they drive: that is why it is called road rage.

Nita
No. Road rage doesn't just materialize out of thin air. It is ALWAYS caused by idiot drivers.

Again...I challenge you to come sit on one of the major streets in this town (or any other) and watch and note the slower drivers. Most of them will always be either elderly or hispanic. That's just the way it is and I'm sorry, but the way it IS and my telling it as I see it is NOT bigotry. It's just the way it is. But all you PC people want to seem to do is put a nail in the coffin of honesty and label all those who object as bigots. Sick. Of. It.

I noticed in your post that you completely ignored the challenge. Of course that's about what I expected. Those who don't want to see the truth, just refuse to look period. But again, until you even TRY, you can ****.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
You need to ****, seriously. As a taxpayer I have EVERY right to speak up if I feel an injustice has been committed. That is MY right.

You know what, slowpoke ? Why don't you simply MOVE over when you can plainly see someone wants by ?

And you can stop with the PC crap by the way as more and more people are getting seriously SICK of it. I am reporting what I SEE objectively out there. How is the truth bigotted...how in any shape or FORM can you honestly say that certain cultures do NOT driver slower then Americans. I'm challenging you to come here and sit by the side of the main road in this town for a few hours. THEN, and ONLY then can you come back to ME and tell me that I'm FOS and bigotted. Until then..you need to, as I said, ****.
you are biggoted because you called out one particular culture: that is biggoted in my view or very narrow minded. I do not have to be challenged to sit by any roadside, I do not like slow drivers either, but I don't go off the deep end and honk at them, say they need to be off the road and not allowed to drive so I can go the speed I want. I don't know what I am saying that could be classified as PC, but if you think so, that is your business. I doubt you would get anyone on here to agree with you, not that you really care. You don't sound like the people I know that live in the Pacific NoWest. They are usually laid back, really nice, have chosen to live in the NW for a slower life and have more patience than they have money.

There have been on injustices committed, that is in your head. Could you explain what they are, if you really think there have been some...

If nothing else, you are giving a lot of us a good laugh today.

Nita

Old 06-29-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
No. Road rage doesn't just materialize out of thin air. It is ALWAYS caused by idiot drivers.

Again...I challenge you to come sit on one of the major streets in this town (or any other) and watch and note the slower drivers. Most of them will always be either elderly or hispanic. That's just the way it is and I'm sorry, but the way it IS and my telling it as I see it is NOT bigotry. It's just the way it is. But all you PC people want to seem to do is put a nail in the coffin of honesty and label all those who object as bigots. Sick. Of. It.

I noticed in your post that you completely ignored the challenge. Of course that's about what I expected. Those who don't want to see the truth, just refuse to look period. But again, until you even TRY, you can ****.
And I challenge you to come and see how many people in AR choose to drive 10 miles below the speed limit and think if the sign on the next curve says slow to 30 miles an hour drivers think that means 20 miles an hour. But how do the rest of us handle this? We smile to ourselves, swear under our breath and hope like heck we don't have to follow them for very long.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:24 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,031,922 times
Quote:

I'm really glad you don't live here. The thought of people like you on the road frightens me.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
you are biggoted because you called out one particular culture: that is biggoted in my view or very narrow minded. I do not have to be challenged to sit by any roadside, I do not like slow drivers either, but I don't go off the deep end and honk at them, say they need to be off the road and not allowed to drive so I can go the speed I want. I don't know what I am saying that could be classified as PC, but if you think so, that is your business. I doubt you would get anyone on here to agree with you, not that you really care. You don't sound like the people I know that live in the Pacific NoWest. They are usually laid back, really nice, have chosen to live in the NW for a slower life and have more patience than they have money.

There have been on injustices committed, that is in your head. Could you explain what they are, if you really think there have been some...

If nothing else, you are giving a lot of us a good laugh today.

Nita
Do you always speak for other people ? I've seen plenty of posts against the slow driver.

And again..you are WRONG for calling my statments bigotted. I called out hispanics because THAT is the dominant culture influx in my area. Again, pointing out the truth isn't bigotted. merely the truth. Hispanics drive dreadfully slow and anyone who has the misfortune to get stuck behind them KNOWS it.

And sorry, but getting a 200 dollar ticket for honking at somebody who wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention when they pulled out directly in front of me IS an injustice. And I think anyone could see that if they thought about it for more then say 2 seconds.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:31 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,031,922 times
Quote:
Do you always speak for other people ? I've seen plenty of posts against the slow driver.

And again..you are WRONG for calling my statments bigotted. I called out hispanics because THAT is the dominant culture influx in my area. Again, pointing out the truth isn't bigotted. merely the truth. Hispanics drive dreadfully slow and anyone who has the misfortune to get stuck behind them KNOWS it.

And sorry, but getting a 200 dollar ticket for honking at somebody who wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention when they pulled out directly in front of me IS an injustice. And I think anyone could see that if they thought about it for more then say 2 seconds.
"bigoted" only has one "t", btw.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:31 PM

19 posts, read 34,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
I'm really glad you don't live here. The thought of people like you on the road frightens me.

I feel a lot safer with these slow drivers on the road then with that guy, that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego