Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:10 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaman View Post
Blacksburg, Va. (of all places).
Really, of all places. Blacksburg over San Diego? I dont get it.

Blacksburg, VA: a small college town in the foothills of Appalachia. College kids from VA's largest party school, Radford University, live there; VA Tech kids too. It gets really wild down there, block parties, public intoxication and etc. 5 hours south of Pittsburg & 5 hours south-west of DC.

Hope this gives you a good idea.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:37 PM

37 posts, read 215,894 times
I think he sounds like a nasty, thoroughly unpleasant person who will find fault with any place/person/thing. I live in Virginia - in the part that is supposed to be "educated" and I'll take San Diego any day!!!!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseee.....

Old 08-13-2007, 10:46 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,917,847 times
...and from reading all of that, you still haven't convinced me to not move to SD. As a DC native, I've noticed that the original poster would rather live in Blacksburg, VA, a city that has the "negatives" of San Diego along with the historical negatives of the South. Well let me tell the OP that after dealing w/ being stuck in DC/MD (and in that fact, the East Coast/Northeast), I would rather deal with the chilled, affable stoners than uptight, snobbish yuppies. I would rather deal with the beach and surf than traffic and humidity. I would much rather have the equanimity "dude-mentality" than the economic and racial friction. And I would damn sure rather deal with the indiscriminate loose women than the rich sluts and daddy's girl who are picky and would rather do posers, wiggers, or drugged-up snobs.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:54 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTam View Post
I think he sounds like a nasty, thoroughly unpleasant person who will find fault with any place/person/thing. I live in Virginia - in the part that is supposed to be "educated" and I'll take San Diego any day!!!!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseee.....
If thats the case then I guess ANYONE who doesn't like ANYPLACE in America is a nasty unpleasent person too!!!! Just because he doesn't like San Diego doesn't mean that he is, it just means he is honest about what he feels, I thought San Diego sucks too, and I am not unpleasent or finds fault everywhere, just a few select places in this country and SD is a place I find much fault in sorry to upset some of you but I feel that way, no hating here!

Old 08-14-2007, 05:25 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,271,330 times
These forums are about sharing different opinions, not personal attacks. This thread is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego