Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 10:28 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,825,934 times

Advertisements

This time they focused in the town of Chula Vista. Cute couple! SD looked great as always!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 12:25 AM

1,658 posts, read 7,574,731 times
What part of CV?

Old 07-26-2011, 02:45 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,946,756 times
I really love La Jolla! When I'm ready to start a family, that's where I'm headed lol.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:19 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,042,327 times
I saw that, too!

Old 07-26-2011, 08:01 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,273,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
This time they focused in the town of Chula Vista. Cute couple! SD looked great as always!
Hey MovingAloha, havent seen you on the SD boards in an while. Have you moved to TX?

Thanks for the post

Old 07-26-2011, 08:02 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,825,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksouthbay88 View Post
What part of CV?
Sorry, I'm not familiar enough to answer your question, but the neighborhoods appeared to be decent family areas with homes in the $350 - $400 range.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:48 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,382,682 times
What people don't realize is that almost all of these HGTV shows where people are deciding on a house are all "fake". (House Hunters/ House Hunters International, etc). Not the part about the family buying the house. But in all of the cases/shows that I know of, the people already had purchased the home...in many cases many years ahead of time. Production costs are very high (especially in the international shows) so in many, many cases the shows are staged to pretend like the couple is actually deciding on the house when in fact it's long been purchased.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:32 PM

258 posts, read 533,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
What people don't realize is that almost all of these HGTV shows where people are deciding on a house are all "fake". (House Hunters/ House Hunters International, etc). Not the part about the family buying the house. But in all of the cases/shows that I know of, the people already had purchased the home...in many cases many years ahead of time. Production costs are very high (especially in the international shows) so in many, many cases the shows are staged to pretend like the couple is actually deciding on the house when in fact it's long been purchased.
How do they shoot the homes with other furniture in it?

Then there is new furniture.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:39 PM

127 posts, read 424,071 times
I heard from an acquaintance who knew someone on one of the earlier episodes, that one of the San Diego shows, where the family looked liked they bought the house when the show ended, actually got out of the deal during the inspection due to the the home inspector finding a little illegal "growing" and production area.

Not sure if it's true...but I'm incline to believe it.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:22 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,382,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwblue View Post
How do they shoot the homes with other furniture in it?

Then there is new furniture.
Very easy. They just move it out. At least that is what I did when I was in one of the shows. The production crew is comprised of a producer, an assistant, then there is a camera guy, an audio guy and they usually hire a production assistant or two. In the international destinations the production assistant usually is the driver of the vehicle to transport them around as well.

Filming usually is 3 full days on the front end. And sometimes if a place is being renovated they come back later to film the "after" portion. But sometimes they just film it all and just move the furniture out. The crew helps carry furniture out. Sometimes furniture from one room is moved to create a different set.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but "reality TV" isn't all that it's cracked up to be. I'm not saying that the people don't own the homes because most in the shows do. It's just that many of the other 2 properties they show where the buyers supposedly were thinking of buying aren't real properties they considered. Many times it's the realtor's home or a friend's house, etc.

I'm sure HGTV could always legally say they never knew about this (even though I'm sure they do). You see.... HGTV contracts out the shows to production companies that actually film the shows and then sells them to HGTV. (A big one that does many of the shows is Pie Town Productions).

I also helped several of my clients get on HGTV shows and in all of their shows as well, they already long owned the properties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego