Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 02:30 PM

490 posts, read 1,555,617 times

Advertisements

you gals will all enjoy SD Good indie music scene, downtown is very fun ( you might consider living there ) . OB is fun, funky, kinda hippie, fun bars, restaurants. Other 'hoods that are fun are North Park, University Heights, South Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 02:53 PM

989 posts, read 2,441,448 times
I'm not sure if any place meets all your requirements, but I agree with others that Ocean Beach would probably be the closest fit to what you are looking for. Downtown is close to shops and bars and stuff and the Bay but not the beach.

I really have not been around the Ocean Beach area much, before I moved out here though I was told it had a lot of methheads and bikers though....? Maybe that's changed, don't know.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:16 PM

22 posts, read 80,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen718 View Post
The subway sucks. We had a storm here and it took me 3 hours to get to work.
And people are complaining about NYC being too fast-paced. I never understood this.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:45 AM

40 posts, read 143,974 times
Well when people are put in a situation when it requires them to be patient in certain situations....like what happened last week when we had a tornado in Brooklyn and the trains were messed up, causing massive train delays....people start freaking out. Then when people are off the train it's like they are running the marathon to get to work. We all talk really fast, we ALWAYS have somewhere to go. You get sucked into the NY state of mind. I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pines View Post
And people are complaining about NYC being too fast-paced. I never understood this.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:57 PM

45 posts, read 147,313 times
Clairemont. They have houses with yards and such and is a short bike-ride from the beach. I grew up there, and my family still lives there (I live with all the fratboys in PB) and I travel the 2 miles up the hill to Clairemont with my tattoos and piercings and such...

I don't think anywhere you'd get nasty looks...unless I'm totally oblivious to that sort of thing

Old 08-15-2007, 10:25 PM

What if she has "Bush & Cheney 2008" tattooed on her head? I like to hold off judgement on a thing like that, untils all the facts are in.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen718 View Post
Then when people are off the train it's like they are running the marathon to get to work.
Didn't you say you run every other day anyway? What's the problem?

I moved 3 years ago, and last time I visited NYC was 1.5 years ago, but it's coming back to me now... "Prewalking". NYTimes gave it a name, I believe. I guess it's a personal thing. I actually enjoyed the race to Earth's surface once the train's doors open. It's fun.

One thing to understand is that in California, you do the same thing, but in a car. Whereas in NYC you risk nothing, here, some drunk hick in lifted pickup is absolutely willing to put your life at risk to get where he's going 2.5 seconds faster.

Anyway, overall, I like SD even though I sometimes miss NY. Do I regret moving? Probably not.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:41 AM

40 posts, read 143,974 times
What does running to exercise and stay in shape every other day have to do with the figure of speech I used, when saying people run the marathon to get to work? I mean everyone is rushing.

Personally I don't want to be in NY anymore...I don't enjoy it any longer.

I also grew up on Long Island so I know the deal with retard drivers on the expressway.

I doubt I will regret moving....if I do, I will come back and take a subway trip to remind me how much I can't stand it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pines View Post
Didn't you say you run every other day anyway? What's the problem?

I moved 3 years ago, and last time I visited NYC was 1.5 years ago, but it's coming back to me now... "Prewalking". NYTimes gave it a name, I believe. I guess it's a personal thing. I actually enjoyed the race to Earth's surface once the train's doors open. It's fun.

One thing to understand is that in California, you do the same thing, but in a car. Whereas in NYC you risk nothing, here, some drunk hick in lifted pickup is absolutely willing to put your life at risk to get where he's going 2.5 seconds faster.

Anyway, overall, I like SD even though I sometimes miss NY. Do I regret moving? Probably not.

Old 09-08-2007, 05:24 PM

35 posts, read 160,821 times
Default relocation

check out leucadia. The local mantra is "keep leucadia funky."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego