Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 05:44 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,769,870 times

Advertisements

South Coast Plaza is the ****! I love that mall, SD shopping is fairly crappy, LA and OC is where it's at. Fashion Valley is nice, but it's not an impressive looking mall like South Coast. SD needs more higher end shopping destinations, a mall that is out if this world, like the one in Vegas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 09:46 AM

141 posts, read 286,831 times
0If you don't think you can afford to live in Orange County then you can't afford to live in San Diego. You say work in a high end spa. I hope your Hispanic, because they like to have cheap labor. I would say Las Vegas would be a better choice as all the strip hotels have Spas. San Diego is not a tourist town, and Spa's don't stay busy year round. You are going to need a 2000.00 a month rental budget for a 1200 sq ft house with a 2 car garage. Most housing in San Diego does not have any parking. Far East county does, and north county some what. If you cannot afford 2000 a month in basic expenses then you are not realistic. You may want to work in Spa but so do about 10k others. The job market in San Diego is very bad. The press has moved on from the subject but it is still horrible job market.
I would go to Vegas and visit SD a few times a year.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:03 PM

128 posts, read 284,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachan View Post
Thank you so much for all of your advice! I really appreciate it... I understand it sounds crazy that we really love malls. My husband might like it more than I do. :0 We don't have to buy anything, but we love going to nice malls (Like Tysons in VA, yes!) and sit there... Why I picked San Diego is that my husband's parents are in Las Vegas and his mom is sick... Since my husband is going to retire from the AF this fall, it will be a perfect time to move somewhere close to his mom. They have so many places that we love (Malls and restaurants) in Las Vegas, but it is not a great place for our daughter. But we want to live somewhere where we can drive to Las Vegas. I checked Fashion Valley mall and it looks great! We went to L.A. but we didn't really like it because it didn't have the clean image (I thought it was kind of like NYC, Washington, DC). Orange County would be great but we don't think we can afford to live there. So, we were thinking about San Diego. We would like to go to beaches sometimes, but we don't have to live anywhere near because we lived in Hawaii in the past and we don't have to go there all the time anymore. Now I can narrow down the areas. Thanks again! :-)
Honestly I think Las Vegas would fit you guys better. You would not only get to be around family, the shopping is awesome. You couldn't find a better place since you need work at a spa. Housing is sooooo much cheaper, you could easily find a home that the mortgage could be covered by your husbands military pension, allowing him cushion room to find work. Good luck on your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego