Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 08:14 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times

Advertisements

Leaving next week for a year in Spokompton.

I plan on coming back in a year. I have lived off and on in different parts of San Diego County for over nine years. I may come off as sounding like a priss............but...........so many parts of the City of San Diego.......SE San Diego.............and south of the city proper..............are just too dirty/scummy and filled with illegals and dirtbags for me to set up shop long term.

I will pay off some bills in the year time, this will put me in a lot better position to come back and live where I want to.

I love many parts of North San Diego County..........much cleaner and it feels like I am in the REAL AMERICA. Places like Fallbrook, Bonsall, Valley Center, Ramona.............wow............just gorgeous. I mean, compare that to a place like Mountain View........garbage strewn all over the place and filthy yards full of trash....creeps standing around.

I will be back.......with a much clearer vision and better finances. Much of San Diego reminds me of Trashyopolis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 11:17 AM

1,447 posts, read 2,743,988 times
Best of luck to you.

I've never actually lived in Bonsal/Fallbrook, but that area does indeed look awesome.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Leaving next week for a year in Spokompton.

I plan on coming back in a year. I have lived off and on in different parts of San Diego County for over nine years. I may come off as sounding like a priss............but...........so many parts of the City of San Diego.......SE San Diego.............and south of the city proper..............are just too dirty/scummy and filled with illegals and dirtbags for me to set up shop long term.

I will pay off some bills in the year time, this will put me in a lot better position to come back and live where I want to.

I love many parts of North San Diego County..........much cleaner and it feels like I am in the REAL AMERICA. Places like Fallbrook, Bonsall, Valley Center, Ramona.............wow............just gorgeous. I mean, compare that to a place like Mountain View........garbage strewn all over the place and filthy yards full of trash....creeps standing around.

I will be back.......with a much clearer vision and better finances. Much of San Diego reminds me of Trashyopolis.
Take advantage of this next year, and hopefully you will return to San Diego all smiles, with money in your pockets...

Nita

Old 08-27-2011, 04:46 PM

52 posts, read 100,619 times
I haven't seen what you call these San Diego smiles. For god sakes, some lady told me it was weird that I held the door open for her at a restaurant a few days ago. She said no one ever does that here. Some good ol' New England hospitality for you San Diegans.

Have a good year off from the city!

Old 08-27-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbol View Post
Best of luck to you.

I've never actually lived in Bonsal/Fallbrook, but that area does indeed look awesome.
To me, the northern part of San Diego County is like a paradise compared to many parts of the city proper.....or areas east/southeast/south of San Diego......dirty........dirty.........dirty.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Take advantage of this next year, and hopefully you will return to San Diego all smiles, with money in your pockets...

Nita
Thanks a lot.........all smiles.........that would be nice. I just now know WHERE the best place for me to NOT live in San Diego is..........that is a biggie.

The city proper and many areas surrounding it are just too dirty and sketchy for me.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:10 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanks View Post
I haven't seen what you call these San Diego smiles. For god sakes, some lady told me it was weird that I held the door open for her at a restaurant a few days ago. She said no one ever does that here. Some good ol' New England hospitality for you San Diegans.
Maybe they just never hold the door open for her? I've found that those with a sour puss expression get treated a lot worse than those with a smile! And there are definitely plenty of people in San Diego County who hold open doors for others - just common courtesy!

Old 08-28-2011, 08:12 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futbol View Post
I lived in Fallbrook for a long time, and it is indeed awesome - if you like a small town atmosphere and lots of oak trees and a quaint downtown area. But if you're looking for night life, and excitement, then it could be the exact opposite of awesome. Personally I loved Fallbrook for what it was, and did my socializing in the big city! Best of both worlds!

Old 08-28-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I lived in Fallbrook for a long time, and it is indeed awesome - if you like a small town atmosphere and lots of oak trees and a quaint downtown area. But if you're looking for night life, and excitement, then it could be the exact opposite of awesome. Personally I loved Fallbrook for what it was, and did my socializing in the big city! Best of both worlds!
Well, for fun I can head up to LA or go down to San Diego. I am way past the point of having to live right around FUN stuff, I prefer clean and somewhat quiet to living right in the big city.

I lived in Cheyenne, Wy for 7 months, very nice, I just did not adjust to the altitude for some reason....felt short of breath. Might have been due to the fact that I have anemia......could not adapt by producing more red blood cells.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:11 PM

Downtown Fallbrook:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego