U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-29-2011, 09:38 AM

2,002 posts, read 1,929,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanks View Post
For a state where the people are so mellow and chill, you drive like you have some where to be and are 2 hours late...Ridiculous.

I do need a new car soon, so I might just have to instigate. I kid. I kid.
People aren't known for being mellow and chill in any of the major CA cities except San Diego- just the opposite in LA and SF, actually.

Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 10:59 AM

4,122 posts, read 3,478,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
it is my understanding that if you are hit from behind it's automatic the other guys fault. seems to me that would inspire not tailgating....the brake pedal and my tow hitch are my friends here it appears.
It's not automatic. Insurance companies are on to the game of provoking accidents in order to file injury claims, so they investigate closely.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:50 PM

5,798 posts, read 4,341,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
It's not automatic. Insurance companies are on to the game of provoking accidents in order to file injury claims, so they investigate closely.
Copy that. If some petite weasel is ON my bumper they can investigate it all they want.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:58 PM

1 posts, read 447 times
If you are a moron and drive like an idiot on the passing lane when you see on your left side 2-3 empty lanes I will talgate you and make you move .... end of story.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:18 AM

7,357 posts, read 7,603,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
I agree there are some aggressive drivers here. No one likes being tailgated. But I'll also say there are plenty of people that drive SUPER slow in the passing lane. That is pretty annoying as well.
There may be some aggressive drivers in CA, but nothing beats FL.

You have seniors in the left hand lane doing 20 miles under the speed limit, meanwhile you have a teenager coming up behind you doing 20 miles over the speed limit.

FL hands anyone a driver's license when you move there from another state, no road test, no written test, you get an eye test.

Lived in CA for 20 yrs and for the most part found the drivers to be well skilled.

In FL they drive aggressive but many lack the skills, especially if they're a FL born driver in their teens or 20s.

And about 1/3 of the drivers have no car insurance.

Because unlike CA, when they got stopped for something and don't have insurance they get a ticket and keep driving.

CA doesn't mess around, no car insurance your car is getting impounded.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:20 AM

2,668 posts, read 2,701,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_valentine View Post
If you are a moron and drive like an idiot on the passing lane when you see on your left side 2-3 empty lanes I will talgate you and make you move .... end of story.
Mr. Valentine- You sound like a moron and an a-hole. Did you mean, right-side?

Old 08-30-2011, 02:03 AM

6,522 posts, read 13,699,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Being from Alaska I can say easily that people in the big land who are driving have simply superior manners at the wheel.

Here in SD, I routinely will have someone very close to the back of my truck at 70mph. I have always wondered to myself why. Is it a desire for conflict? or a thrill?

Anyway in Alaska it does not happen for 2 clear reasons. #1 is that 6 months of the year there is a slick surface and the driver would hit the car in front. #2 is that people in Alaska mostly are armed. Maybe that leads to courtesy.

My question is what do people do here when a car is on your bumper at a clearly unsafe distance and at high speed. Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.
SD is a little unusual as they have a multible of out of state(many service personal) and mexican drivers. These drivers are driving much as they do in their past states or countries. You know you entered SD when the right lanes are flowing faster than the left. Only place in the state where driving and passing on the shoulder seems normal.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:07 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,161,027 times
Considering there are what 5000 people in Alaska that can drive so the chances of someone being behind you is rather slim.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:33 AM

16,822 posts, read 12,555,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_valentine View Post
How would you "make" someone move? Are you going to ram them? I hope you drive a really really big truck otherwise that don't sound like a good game plan.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:41 AM

9,717 posts, read 6,020,799 times
AADAD....what I do is grab an empty glass bottle and hold it out the window....that usually makes them back off...real quick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego