U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Jax

108 posts, read 409,849 times
Just returned yesterday from San Diego, as I used to live there for years. Someone there complained of the humidity, and I wanted to laugh. It was about 97 degrees here in northern FL recently where I live, and with the heat index, had to be over 100 degrees. All that to say, it's all relative to what you're used to...San Diego is so mild that I can see how it would feel more humid than normal with the higher temps, etc. Now that I'm back in FL, I haven't been outside all day today...enjoy that beautiful weather out there in SD for me!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 08:40 PM

450 posts, read 1,242,132 times
I'd advise coastal areas -- I have a lot of allergies and live near the coast for that reason. Air quality is very good, pollen counts are low.... look to the coast, is my advice.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:04 AM

421 posts, read 152,926 times
I was just in San Diego, and I was surprised at how humid it is. It was also much hotter than I was expecting, even in coastal places like La Jolla and Solana Beach. Walking around Old Town was almost unbeareable in the mid-day heat.

If you have seasonal allergies and are trying to get away from them, I'm not sure if it makes much sense to move to San Diego. While it's no where near as green as any Eastern city, it's probably the most green city in the southwestern U.S. There's a lot of plants and pollen.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:29 PM

291 posts, read 1,153,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
I was just in San Diego, and I was surprised at how humid it is. It was also much hotter than I was expecting, even in coastal places like La Jolla and Solana Beach. Walking around Old Town was almost unbeareable in the mid-day heat.

If you have seasonal allergies and are trying to get away from them, I'm not sure if it makes much sense to move to San Diego. While it's no where near as green as any Eastern city, it's probably the most green city in the southwestern U.S. There's a lot of plants and pollen.

Where were you coming from? I'm curious as to why you thought it was hotter than you expected and why you thought it was so humid. I guess San Diego is pretty green for a southwestern city.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:25 PM

55 posts, read 186,015 times
I have asthsma and I'm fine here, no problems. The only time it acts up is when there is a wildfire or smoke. My husband has really bad allergies and he moved here from Massachussetts 20 years ago and thought they would be better here-wrong!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:50 AM

17 posts, read 24,158 times
I honestly love the humidity, I know people are scratching their heads, but I don't care. It's good for your bones, I love the wet air, that's why I love Southern Baja California. I would love to live in Florida, Louisiana, and maybe parts of Southeast Texas. But, they don't have mi amor Mexico, so I ain't going nowhere.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:10 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,378,987 times
Incredible - it's late in the evening and our heat index is still at 81 degrees according to the Weather Channel. For those without A/C, it's going to be tough night for sleep.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:03 PM

11,728 posts, read 22,912,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TijuanaGringo View Post
I honestly love the humidity, I know people are scratching their heads, but I don't care. It's good for your bones, I love the wet air, that's why I love Southern Baja California. I would love to live in Florida, Louisiana, and maybe parts of Southeast Texas. But, they don't have mi amor Mexico, so I ain't going nowhere.
Except you sweat like a pig with the slightest physical activity when its humid. I'm tired of feeling sticky! And don't forget about the mold in humid climates. Great stuff.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:33 PM

101 posts, read 224,784 times
There are always sticky days like this during the summer. After last year (specifically late July) I've gotten used to it. Just drink tons of water, and take a nice cold shower when you're able to. Hang in there, the storm will pass !

Old 09-03-2007, 12:44 PM

47,957 posts, read 43,402,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoresident View Post
Thanks for the info..appreciate it! Are there any areas in particular in San Diego that you would recommend? Also, any idea what the weather is like in San Jose or Santa Barbara all year round? What would be the ideal places for me to be looking at...thank you!
The weather has changed in San Diego.
It was very temperate in the 60's. Not now.
Where it is going??, is anybody's bet. San Diego is not a humid climate. New Orleans is a humid climate. Been there done that. East San Diego is dryer than living on the beach. Depends where you live in San Diego. But overall, San Diego is more humid than 1960. Global warming.

Stephen S.
San Diego
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego