U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:24 AM

10 posts, read 15,469 times

Advertisements

Thank you everyone for all your thoughts and suggestions.. I will def keep each of you updated on my move. I am super nervous about moving across the country, but I figure that you have one life to live, might as well make the best of it and do the things you want.. NO REGRETS .. For all who are thinking of going through a similar move, I applaud you for being smart and getting things in order before leaving... I am trying my best to get prepared as best I can, but I know that there will be several shocks, suprises and (fingers crossed) successes through my journey.. I have about 2 1/2 more months to go .. ahhhhh!!!

A few days ago (As the time is getting closer), I was feeling very nervous and anxious about the move. I emailed my brother and this is what he said. I wanted to share because there are some on this thread that are planning the move and might go through some of the same doubts as me:

"life is a gamble, you have to try for the best and whether you come back home or not it is something that you want to do.
[LEFT]
Notice I said you, because it really comes down to you. You have made this decision and the only one that can defeat you is you – start believing in yourself regardless of what and who you feel might be in between and you will succeed. There is a reason why people become stronger when they push any boundary that is in their way and as such I am confident you are capable of doing exactly that. "

It really helped clear a lot of my doubts, and I hope that it helps others who are in the same boat
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 11:11 AM

2,237 posts, read 2,226,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen0685 View Post
Thank you everyone for all your thoughts and suggestions.. I will def keep each of you updated on my move. I am super nervous about moving across the country, but I figure that you have one life to live, might as well make the best of it and do the things you want.. NO REGRETS .. For all who are thinking of going through a similar move, I applaud you for being smart and getting things in order before leaving... I am trying my best to get prepared as best I can, but I know that there will be several shocks, suprises and (fingers crossed) successes through my journey.. I have about 2 1/2 more months to go .. ahhhhh!!!

A few days ago (As the time is getting closer), I was feeling very nervous and anxious about the move. I emailed my brother and this is what he said. I wanted to share because there are some on this thread that are planning the move and might go through some of the same doubts as me:

"life is a gamble, you have to try for the best and whether you come back home or not it is something that you want to do.
[LEFT]
Notice I said you, because it really comes down to you. You have made this decision and the only one that can defeat you is you start believing in yourself regardless of what and who you feel might be in between and you will succeed. There is a reason why people become stronger when they push any boundary that is in their way and as such I am confident you are capable of doing exactly that. "

It really helped clear a lot of my doubts, and I hope that it helps others who are in the same boat
[/LEFT]
Sounds like you have a wise and supportive brother! I will finally be joining you next summer - we as a family have decided - ENOUGH Already and making the move at the end of the school year.

Good Luck to you!

Old 10-19-2011, 02:12 PM

61 posts, read 56,533 times
I also had no idea there were so many in the Gaithersburg/Rockville/Silver Spring area who want to move. My goodness, here I am thinking I'm the only one feeling the way I feel! HaHa!

Gen0685, Your brother is 100% correct, life is a huge gamble and you can only roll the dice so many times, roll'em baby! roll'em!

Old 10-19-2011, 07:37 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,343,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce35 View Post
I also had no idea there were so many in the Gaithersburg/Rockville/Silver Spring area who want to move.
I moved out here from Bethesda. So add that to your list of DC area places where people moved from.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:15 PM

4,301 posts, read 4,197,058 times
gen0685,

I'm glad you have such a supportive family. That makes all the difference in the world. I really applaud you for at least having a game plan and from what I can see you're being realistic about the move.

You're brother was right about the part of life being a gamble. I've moved out of the USA before when people told me I was crazy or nuts and it ended out working very well for me. Nothing is impossible when you have a game plan and are realistic and a hard worker..

Good luck and look forward to reading how things go after the move.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 416 times
Hi Gen0685,

I came across this post b/c I am also a 26 year old female who will be moving to San Diego in the next few months....have you made it out there? I had to reply because we seem very similar, I am also from MD and though my family moved out of Silver Spring when I was young - some family does still live there and I totally understand about getting away from the rat race. Currently I work as a contractor at Ft Meade and have been applying to jobs and will be putting my place up for rent within a month (I live near Annapolis now). And girl, I also got out of a 7 year relationship in the past year!

Let me know if you're out there, have found a job, and what you think! My brother goes to SDSU and he and his girlfriend really love it.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:57 PM

10 posts, read 15,469 times
Hi MelG

Sorry I didn't get back to you a year ago. Life is amazing. Proud to say that I have indeed been in San Diego for the past two years. I moved Jan 14, 2012. You will love it. It is beautiful. There is so much to do here and even when you don't feel like doing anything at all.. you can take a blanket to the beach, have a bon fire and just relax. If your still in the process of moving and need any advice, feel free to contact me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego