U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 05:00 PM

7 posts, read 12,400 times

Advertisements

Hi,

PB is alright. People drive so slow in PB. Drives me crazy sometimes. Parking is horrible around most holidays like July 4th. Beware. This a lot of traffic coming in and out of PB since the only way to get in is really Grand or Garnet. Once you live here, you will discover the side streets. Note: People are not alert here. They will walk right in front of a moving car. This took me a while to get used to since people don't do this on the East Coast. If you want quiet don't move to PB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 05:17 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,715,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxy03 View Post
Hi,
This took me a while to get used to since people don't do this on the East Coast. If you want quiet don't move to PB.
Did it all the time in Boston, the difference is no one tried to mow me down (I've almost been hit walking probably 10 or 11 times on Ingraham).

Old 05-10-2009, 12:04 PM

33 posts, read 114,333 times
PB is getting a lot more ghetto these days, I feel bad for all those east coasters that came here a few years ago and bought 2 million dollar shacks thinking this was a sure bet. (well not too bad).

Anyone who has lived in PB or MB for more than 10 years knows what it is about and knows the problems never really go away, they are just better hidden some years.

You live in PB until you are 30 and then move to Del Mar.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:48 PM

556 posts, read 774,596 times
Eh, as long as you don't live on Grand or Garnett, this is all way overstated. I have friends who lived on Beryl for 10 years and has had only one incident in all that time. I lived on Jewell for 4 years and only had one as well. Most people associate PB with those two street and Mission Bay Drive where the most action is. North and South PB are fine and there are many people over the age of 30 who happily live there. Stay away from the bars and major apartment complexes and it's a great place to live.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:52 PM

556 posts, read 774,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Did it all the time in Boston, the difference is no one tried to mow me down (I've almost been hit walking probably 10 or 11 times on Ingraham).
Really? I found the New England driver to be the worst in the country - - even with the crosswalk laws. Couldn't tell if they were stupid or just didn't care about the laws. Although I was always careful when crossing Ingraham after a certain time of night.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:46 AM

4,884 posts, read 4,877,762 times
PB is mostly college kids packed in two to a room so they can afford to live at the beach. The end result of having so many people living in so small an area is there is no street parking. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego