Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 02:24 AM

490 posts, read 1,550,570 times

Advertisements

go to Winston's in OB live bands, funky hip crowd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 08:40 AM

9,522 posts, read 30,361,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
sassberto, where do people go to party in OB? Someplace safe with interesting people, different mix than the PB crowd.....
Winstons is the hippie bar
Sunshine Company is the meathead bar

I always went to Pac Shores and South Beach, Arizona Club (Gone now). We always stuck to the dives. Also liked Catalina Lounge. Only places I avoided were the biker bars down at the northwest side of Newport Ave.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:03 AM

5 posts, read 11,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
It all depends on what you are into.

Do you like to party? San Diego is a party town.

MB/PB is like a giant kegger. Bars and girls and beer, beer, beer. Every hot chick in the southland is there every weekend in the summer. They come from OC, LA, Arizona

OB is pretty much the same thing but with hairier women and a joint with your beer (maybe some tweak too). My favorite beach city.

North County Beaches, La Jolla, you better be a damn good surfer if you're driving that car... otherwise... drive a nice car.

Downtown is mostly yuppie, lots of homeless, big bars and clubs, kinda fun kinda lame. Drive a nice car and keep you slacks pressed, you'll be ok down there.

City areas is a hipster / yuppie / gay / ghetto scene, that's how I like it. Fat girls and dive bars. Adams Avenue bar scene is great, the rest is getting better.

I will warn you - a lot of people in the SD nightlife like to get HAMMERED DRUNK. Especially downtown and in PB. watch out for fighters and pukers.

What do you typically do on a Saturday night where you live now?
Hey thanks for the Input. Going by these posts i would say that Pacific Beach is a good idea for me. I love the little sports bar, or the chil bar from time to time, and i would still like to go to the big clubs on the weekend (1 day) just to check it out. Lots more "talent" and "opportunity" there than in the sports bars or chil bars.

I used to party in Minneapolis when i went to visit friends alot (i dont go much anymore, too much stuff going on) but they lived 25 minutes from Downtown so we would always have a driver or take a car a split it 5-6 ways. I wouldnt mind Minnesota if it never snowed, or never got cold. Which is why i want to get the heck out!

I categorize myself as an intellectual as well, but i dont ask as if i am better than anyone. (im not saying you do at all) im just sayin that i can handle the occasional dumb a$$ and just make them feel stupid, thats ok with me

I guess what im worried about is moving someone and having a place, and being too far from anything. And always being by myself. Its not fun. I know that sounds corny, but its true. Who wants to move to a new area and be alone.

Im working on getting a roomy, or someone who is moving close. I also know a few people from SD area (not sure where they live exactly) so i will have a few people to talk to at the start.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:17 PM

490 posts, read 1,550,570 times
You might try the website "yelp.com" talk to people in the San Diego talk thread. There's always people asking ? about moving here, and a great way to make some new friends, all around your age

Old 08-30-2007, 03:18 PM

81 posts, read 269,499 times
what parts of san diego are the bad areas and how close are they to the ones you guys are recomending

Old 08-30-2007, 05:06 PM

989 posts, read 2,429,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonman View Post
what parts of san diego are the bad areas and how close are they to the ones you guys are recomending

The bad areas generally are to the south and to the east and they aren't close at all to the areas that we've been recommending.

A good rule of thumb anytime you move anywhere is stay away from the Southeastern part of the city, and close to the Northwestern part. It's really weird, for some reason the same pattern emerges, even in nations - Southeast is usually impoverished and North or Northwest is where the money is.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:22 PM

5 posts, read 11,640 times
what is so different (and already better) is that when i asked people about moving to hawaii when i first moved there, NO ONE was help. No one had any suggestions besides "do you like asians?" so i thank you guys for helping me on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego