Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 10:50 AM

430 posts, read 1,645,741 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts, for 21+ years of age people that are young professionals? Do you think it would be a place to go to and live or is it too suburban and too much for retirees? Would Miami be a better fit for a young person with money? Although personally, the weather, and the scenary cant be beat in SD, is it just a sleepy suburb city that will leave a younger person wanting more? Or is it a good place to live , play , and dine, and enjoy nightlife? Or would someone 21+ with money be better off living in Miami?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 11:08 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,234,402 times
Miami

Old 01-28-2012, 11:11 AM

643 posts, read 1,388,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
What are your thoughts, for 21+ years of age people that are young professionals? Do you think it would be a place to go to and live or is it too suburban and too much for retirees? Would Miami be a better fit for a young person with money? Although personally, the weather, and the scenary cant be beat in SD, is it just a sleepy suburb city that will leave a younger person wanting more? Or is it a good place to live , play , and dine, and enjoy nightlife? Or would someone 21+ with money be better off living in Miami?
SD is full of variety. There is something for everyone here. If you want good nightlife it exists in San Diego up and down the coast here. I used to live in Biloxi, MS 2004-2008 and have taken trips to Miami for business and pleasure. IMO both cities have superior nightlife. OTOH Miami doesn't offer much more than beaches and nightlife. Sometimes that may get old. I really think you'll be happy in either city but San Diego edges Miami in weather(Miami's southern tropical humidity, not a bad climate but SD more comfy), proximity to other fun places(LA, Desert, Mountains, Colorado River, Vegas, Mexico, Etc.), and more variety.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:11 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,115,451 times
I have no experience with Miami, but I cannot see how anyone could find SD boring. If you're into anything outdoors, you can do it here almost year-round. Clubs? Check. Sports? Check. Shopping? Check. Dining? Check. All sorts of interesting places within a day's drive? Check.

Yes, parts of SD can be boring suburbia, but I would say there is a good mix. If you want more excitement, stay towards the water or downtown. Just know the price goes up accordingly like anywhere else.

Mike

Old 01-28-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
Miami
Explain? Do you have experiance with Miami?

Old 01-28-2012, 11:32 AM

3,431 posts, read 5,204,608 times
SD has a decent amount of nighlife. It's not as exciting or glamorous as LA or Miami, but there are plenty of cool places ranging from bigger clubs to dive bars. SD has the vibe of a vibrant but small city. I'd move here over Miami any day. I haven't been to Miami, but I know people there, and it's much more retirees than SD. SD is more families... Also, scenery doesn't exist in Miami, while here we have mountains, cliffs, etc, and the weather here is mild, not sticky. We're in the 60s and 70s all year, while Miami is in the 70s-90s, and they have humidity. We have nice cool nights, warm days, but rarely too extreme.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:32 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,689,672 times
Quote:
Seriously, what's your deal? I've read threads where you claimed to have lived in San Diego, and proceed to diss it afterwards. I bet you've never even been here.

My fellows forumers should know that this person is a complete troll and should be ignored.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:38 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,351,428 times
When you say 21+ what exact age are you talking about? You mentioned "younger person". I assume you're in your mid 20's?

Definitely you're going to find more nightlife in Miami vs. San Diego. However I'll say that I'd NEVER have any desire to live in Miami. I've been there quite a bit in the past for work and also I had several friends that lived there.

I find the girls in Miami EXTREMELY materialistic. Not to say San Diego doesn't have that as Southern California does as well but I just found it much worse in Miami.

Although San Diego is the 8th largest city in the USA, it sure doesn't feel like it. It has a small town kind of vibe for the most part. I think the answer really lies in what is really important to you and how much emphasis you put on partying and the "nightlife". In Miami no doubt the nightlife is more active.

I remember one time I was there for work and in a meeting I got invited to Thomas Kramer's mansion on Star Island (http://www.5-star-island.com/). Man these people take partying to another level in Miami. No special occasion. Just a massive party. This guy must have spent a fortune on this party. Massive spread of food, drinks, professional photographers everywhere taking photos, and even fireworks. I'm told those types of parties are fairly common there.

That sort of thing isn't really my scene and partying wasn't my thing (I don't drink alcohol) even when I was young and a bachelor. Personally my choice if I was younger 20's with money I'd take San Diego over Miami any day of the week. But you might choose differently if the nightlife scene supersedes things like weather and scenery.

It's much easier to meet girls in Miami if that is important to you. Here in San Diego it's more competitive with a much higher guy to girl ratio. And I've found you really have to have "game" and your stuff together to do well with girls here. In Miami, many of the hottest girls are from other countries and if you give the perception that you do well...you can do fairly well.

I had this guy I met on one of my travels and he was a real "tool". Just difficult to be around. He always talked about his Porsche and how he lived on Star Island, yadda yadda. Well, one day while I was in Miami on business I met up with him. Turns out his Porsche was an old beater Porche that was a pile of junk and his "pad on Star Island" was this dumpy TINY apartment he was renting in this old building. It was really a dump! So many tools like that in Miami but he did fairly good dating because girls in Miami were into his tagline of "I have a Porsche and live on Star Island".

Miami isn't for me....

Old 01-28-2012, 01:56 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,967,914 times
Quote:

You make up a lot of stories:
1. one day you are single, no kids.
2. Another post you are married with a child.
3. Other posts you claim to live in Miami or California or New Mexico.

Here's a thread where you say you just moved from San Diego to Miami/Coral Gables, FLa with your WIFE and KID.
San Diego vs Miami

Yet , in this thread you had to ask about the humidity in So.Fla.
How Tolerable is the Humidity in South Florida?

Here's a thread you are asking about how Huntington Beach or Hermosa Beach is for a YOUNG, single person.
Hermosa Beach vs Huntington Beach

In this thread you claim to be rich. If so, why can't you just travel to San Diego and find out for yourself. Oh I forgot, you said you used to live there??
Redondo Beach or Manhattan Beach to raise a family?

In yet another thread you asked about San Diego vs. Miami because you NEVER lived in either place!!!!
Is Miami Beach the Only nice place to be in near Miami?

You live in a cyber fantasty world.......

Old 01-28-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
You make up a lot of stories:
1. one day you are single, no kids.
2. Another post you are married with a child.
3. Other posts you claim to live in Miami or California or New Mexico.

Here's a thread where you say you just moved from San Diego to Miami/Coral Gables, FLa with your WIFE and KID.
San Diego vs Miami

Yet , in this thread you had to ask about the humidity in So.Fla.
How Tolerable is the Humidity in South Florida?

Here's a thread you are asking about how Huntington Beach or Hermosa Beach is for a YOUNG, single person.
Hermosa Beach vs Huntington Beach

In this thread you claim to be rich. If so, why can't you just travel to San Diego and find out for yourself. Oh I forgot, you said you used to live there??
Redondo Beach or Manhattan Beach to raise a family?

In yet another thread you asked about San Diego vs. Miami because you NEVER lived in either place!!!!
Is Miami Beach the Only nice place to be in near Miami?

You live in a cyber fantasty world.......
Hmm don't tear the guy apart maybe it's a cope for a crappy life to live in a fantasy world??? I'm willing to play along I guess.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego