Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 12:00 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,921,563 times

Advertisements

Click image for larger version

Name:	fox 013.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	774 I hope this works
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 04:05 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
Attachment 774 I hope this works
Beautiful shot....look no traffic!!!! lol

Old 01-21-2007, 10:31 PM

38,880 posts, read 22,864,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
We never went to Trader Joe's anyways. We go to Whole Foods store every once in a while in Colorado Springs.
I wish there were some Hawaiian plate lunch resturaunts here. We go to L&L in Auroura(50 miles) sometimes. I heard the owner of that one is opening one in the Springs.
Oh well, for us, the school system was the most important reason to move. Like some other folks have mentioned, we have more disposable income now that we don't have a huge mortgage. I think the pace is slower, especially here in Monument, which I love. For younger people this may not be the right place. I wouldn't recommend that anyone move out of CA, but for us it has been a good thing.
I did hear Paul Harvey say that a survey taken in CA showed 25 percent of residents would consider moving out of CA.
Paul
Wow, that's kind of rare to hear of someone from California who never went to Trader Joe's. I've never been to Whole Foods Market, since I don't live near any.

There's an L&L Hawaiian Barbecue place near me in Cerritos, and their food ROCKS!

I'm a single person with no kids, so schools aren't a consideration for me, wherever I may choose to live. As I mentioned in another post (in the Sacramento sub-forum), California is the ideal place to be for singles like me. Married couples with kids are usually the ones who want to leave, and understandably so.

Well, I'm glad to hear that things have worked out for you in Colorado. By the way, is it better to have a snow shovel or a snow blower over there? Are snow blowers expensive?

Old 01-22-2007, 03:30 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,390,841 times
There is delusion in this thread in my opinion. Texas, Tenn, etc. are no match for San Diego and no amount of dull square feet can make up for that. On the other hand, the San Diego housing market is completely in the toilet- those who bought at the height may not want to admit it to themselves, but the drop in prices is amazing. Too many people have interest only loans and the builders kept building homes in North County even though the demand has dropped. The economy in SD simply could not sustain the prices. For those of you claiming the market has stabilized- just keep looking at the increasing listings for San Diego and the ever decreasing prices. The next year will probably be a decent time to BUY, but I feel terrible for those trying to sell.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
There is delusion in this thread in my opinion
There are other places to live other than San Diego. Everyone has to weigh the positives against the negatives. Because of our situation we opted to move and it has been great so far. Schools are better, housing is reasonable, and a lot less traffic. These may not factor into your situation, like dennismpat, but I don't think I am delusional. We saw the North County area grow and finally decided that living amoungst a gazillion ppl was not worth putting up with. We had a great house in a great neighborhood, but now we have a lot nicer house on a half acre in a great neighborhood with no mortgage. We are at the base of the Rockies and look at Pikes Peak everyday.The stress is gone. aaaaaaaaaahhhhh
Quote:
but I feel terrible for those trying to sell
I guess we lucked out there too. We sold in June '04. Our house sold in less than a day. Maybe by next year the housing will be affordable and there will be less people on this site looking to move out.
San Diego is a great place, but don't think that everyone will put up with all the crowds, traffic, taxes, crime, illegals, and housing costs. A lot will, but there are a few of us who flee and find that there is a life outside of SoCal
-Delusional in CO

Old 01-22-2007, 08:10 PM

dennismpat-
Gotta have both where we are. Snowblowers run from $500 to over $2K. I paid $150 for a used one. Someones always upgrading or moving. I will look for a bigger one this summer. Like to have one with tracs instead of wheels. The snow is powdery here it is easy to move. It's hard to make a snowball or snowman.
Bet you can get a good deal on one in OC

Old 01-22-2007, 09:29 PM

144 posts, read 935,577 times
I've been to Colorado, Wyoming, Florida, Connecticut, New York, Utah, Washington, Maine and a ton of other places outside and inside the United States and there is no comparason to San Diego. I really don't see where else I could live. It sounds spoiled and closed minded, but maybe I am. There is something special about being going for a jog in Rancho Santa Fe on their trail system, with the towering Euclyptus trees everywhere, twisting and turning over the hills and down into the canyons. There is something special about taking a hike from the top of Torrey Pines down to the beach. There is something special about the beauty of the coastline....driving down 101 from Carlsbad to La Jolla is hard to beat anywhere. There is something special about taking a walk on the beach in Encinitas on January 22 when it's 68 degrees outside with the ocean on one side and a 80 ft. bluff on the other....There's something special about the residential areas of Leucadia, Del Mar and Rancho Santa Fe.

There is something special about San Diego County that a lot of other places in the world can not match. There are a lot of people, but it's not that bad. If you live along the coast in north county, its not bad (if you're not on the freeway).

Even the water quality is pretty good in San Diego (except after storms). The beaches, towns and just plain everything make it a paradise. I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Just checked the Colorado weather, 20s....3 foot snow drifts...white out conditions. No thanks...I'll take 70 degrees and sunny.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:57 PM

It has been a cold winter, even for here. Supposed to be 40 tomorrow. Sounds awful. But we bundle up and go sledding or boarding. I must sound delusional, but I haven't minded the winters here....yet. But we lived in Lake Havasu City with 125 degree summers and I didn't mind that either(I would now). There's no doubt that SD has the best weather and great scenery. We moved there because we appriciated all the great stuff in SD.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:31 AM

264 posts, read 1,390,688 times
Um, but most people don't have that $ million ++ view. And you caught the bay on a good day with no smog/haze!

Maybe you should post a picture of Rosecrans (the street right below these houses) at any time of the day. Yucky, run-down with lots of traffic, bums, etc.
View is great, surrounding areas suck.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:57 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmer View Post
Um, but most people don't have that $ million ++ view. And you caught the bay on a good day with no smog/haze!

Maybe you should post a picture of Rosecrans (the street right below these houses) at any time of the day. Yucky, run-down with lots of traffic, bums, etc.
View is great, surrounding areas suck.
Yeah!! lol and don't forget all the strip joints too!!! What a nice feature eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego