Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:19 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
Anyone familiar with the Levanto Townhomes on Adobe Falls Road. I see that it's close to the "8" and there are some other Multi-families in the area, but no SFH. Is this a decent area? And is this really Del Cerro?
Del Cerro in name only, but Adobe Falls connects up to College and there some cool home up on the ridge. The town homes look ok but they are in sort of an off ramp no-mans land. The motel next door had a reputation for being sleazy for a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 09:04 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
I remember that a big new development was planned for Adobe Falls along the freeway, further down the road, toward College, between Adobe Falls Road and I-8--the area is owned by SDSU, and it was meant to be a spillover area of dorms etc. I don't know what happened to those plans, but there was a lot of community debate and resistance, so make sure you look into that. Could get rowdy. I agree with Sassberto--the townhomes look okay, and it's a huge improvement over what the area used to look like, but somehow it doesn't feel like a really good area--not yet, anyway. One positive aspect if you have a dog: easy access to walks in the canyon. But no, I wouldn't call it part of Del Cerro.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:10 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,824,723 times
Mahalo, to both of you Guys!!!

Old 02-22-2012, 01:16 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,734,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
It's a great area, you really can't go wrong. Only downside is the freeway noise as you get closer to the freeway. Expect 450k to get you a house someone bought brand new in 1960 and then died there, never once upgrading it.
The older I get, the more I'm starting to appreciate that 1960's architecture. And from the aerial view on Google, it looks like every other house has a pool in the backyard. Must have been fun growing up there during The Brady Bunch Days. Then there are the views from up there.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:32 PM

I love the look up there, especially in the area of Caminito Sacate. It's quite lovely. Several rentals have popped up and I'm hoping this Summer others will come available.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:36 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
Anyone familiar with the Levanto Townhomes on Adobe Falls Road. I see that it's close to the "8" and there are some other Multi-families in the area, but no SFH. Is this a decent area? And is this really Del Cerro?
I think that area is actual more considered allied gardens(i could be wrong)
That area /cul de sac is not bad!
Like someone said,that motel use to be kinda of shifty back in the day,but no more.
My daughters best friend lives down there and parking on the street is a mess after 5PM.
Those town homes seem very small inside IMO.
Although that was my observation standing in their living room.

It is Close to all

Last edited by hitman619; 02-22-2012 at 02:55 PM..

Old 02-22-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I think that area is actual more considered allied gardens(i could be wrong)
That area /cul de sac is not bad!
Like someone said,that motel use to be kinda of shifty back in the day,but no more.
My daughters best friend lives down there and parking on the street is a mess after 5PM.
Those town homes seem very small inside IMO.
Although that was my observation standing in their living room.

It is Close to all
Yeah, I think you guys have scared me off those townhomes. I will continue my research, but will probably look at Del Cerro, Point Loma and Scripps Ranch as my eventual short list.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:55 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
The older I get, the more I'm starting to appreciate that 1960's architecture. And from the aerial view on Google, it looks like every other house has a pool in the backyard. Must have been fun growing up there during The Brady Bunch Days. Then there are the views from up there.
Lol^^^
That's the same vibe i got when driving around the area!
That Area has a lot of old money!
My mother in law told me a story of how when they 1st started building in Del Cerro/San Carlos,that the Builders were enticing home owners from La Mesa/El Cajon area to Move In!.

My wife's grandfather turned down a 5 bed room 3 bath Home (with optional pool builder was going to throw in for free) in San Carlos for 25K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego