Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 11:15 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,824,723 times

Advertisements

Mahalo SDlife619. I'm hoping to be able to purchase season tickets when I get there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 11:34 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,767,759 times
Cool But make sure you rep the Chargers ok

I see your in Plano, TX, please don't tell me your a Cowboy fan.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
Cool But make sure you rep the Chargers ok

I see your in Plano, TX, please don't tell me your a Cowboy fan.
Actually I'm originally from Los Angeles; so I really don't have a team any more. I usually cheer for any team California or any team that is not Denver, Dallas or Boston!! My husband is from Pennsylvania, so he's an Eagles fan or as they say back there Eggles.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:40 PM

I'm surprised your not a Raider fan . My cousin was born and raised in LA, Carson area to be exact, and he's been a Cowboy fan practically from birth I always talk **** to him all the time about being from LA and liking the "Boys".

Last year I really wanted Frisco to beat the Giants. I'm the same way whenever the playoffs come around. If the Chargers don't make it, and either the 49ers or Raiders (I gotta think about that one for a sec) I want them to win it all.

The East Coast teams keep winning championships, and I'm hoping for once in my lifetime I will be able to see a West Coast team in the Super Bowl again, most definitively the Chargers of course.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
I'm surprised your not a Raider fan . My cousin was born and raised in LA, Carson area to be exact, and he's been a Cowboy fan practically from birth I always talk **** to him all the time about being from LA and liking the "Boys".

Last year I really wanted Frisco to beat the Giants. I'm the same way whenever the playoffs come around. If the Chargers don't make it, and either the 49ers or Raiders (I gotta think about that one for a sec) I want them to win it all.

The East Coast teams keep winning championships, and I'm hoping for once in my lifetime I will be able to see a West Coast team in the Super Bowl again, most definitively the Chargers of course.
I like the Raiders, but I'm old enough to remember the Rams too. I've never been a fan of the "Boys." It's quite difficult living here, because for any of the Texas teams there is a fanaticism that is unbelieveable.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
I like the Raiders, but I'm old enough to remember the Rams too. I've never been a fan of the "Boys." It's quite difficult living here, because for any of the Texas teams there is a fanaticism that is unbelieveable.
Cowboy fans are nuts, just like Steeler fans, and they mob from coast to coast, city to city like it's nobody's business.

Ha, I remember the LA Rams, they didn't do anything for anybody. lol

Old 03-18-2012, 09:16 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,974,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
How difficult is it to get tickets? Can you still get Season tickets? Just asking, because getting Cowboys tickets was crazy. I lucked out and got some from a friend, but that was pure luck.
There have been a number of games blacked out recently.

Unlike places like Green Bay and Detroit, there's a lot to do here during the fall and winter months.

As for teams selling out and having waiting lists, I think that's pathetic. Seriously, you've got nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon than to pay $100-200 a pop for tickets to drink overpriced **** water "beer" and stale "nachos?"

Old 03-19-2012, 11:27 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,282 times
and now Peyton Manning is on the Broncos.....

Old 03-19-2012, 01:09 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,996 times
I think Manning made a mistake in going to the Broncos but time will tell. Chargers have always had Manning's number and we've beaten him alot of times, so we're not scared of him! I don't necessarily see Broncos being a super bowl contender (or division winner) over San Diego. Denver got real lucky last year, I don't think it will happen again. Gee, I'm surprised Archie let his boy "lower" himself to play in the AFC West. Wait til those big bad Raiders go after him!

I think the moves SD has made so far are good ones, except for Tolbert. I see he is signing with the Panthers...We gave away Turner to Atlanta, Sprouls to NO and now Tolbert

Old 03-19-2012, 02:40 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I think Manning made a mistake in going to the Broncos but time will tell. Chargers have always had Manning's number and we've beaten him alot of times, so we're not scared of him! I don't necessarily see Broncos being a super bowl contender (or division winner) over San Diego. Denver got real lucky last year, I don't think it will happen again. Gee, I'm surprised Archie let his boy "lower" himself to play in the AFC West. Wait til those big bad Raiders go after him!

I think the moves SD has made so far are good ones, except for Tolbert. I see he is signing with the Panthers...We gave away Turner to Atlanta, Sprouls to NO and now Tolbert
Odds boards to win SB

Denver was 50-1 now at 10-1 and rated fourth best team.

Chargers were at 12-1 at about 8 and now at 20-1 and mid pack just by the press release of Manning's signing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego