U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-27-2012, 04:02 PM

4,407 posts, read 4,005,236 times
What? You guys dont think that having front page news in the U-T like this headline are newsworthy? It will be on tonight's news, no worries there. I rank it up there with our "local ties" to D list celebrities.

Want to name Safari Park's condor chick? | UTSanDiego.com

...and I read in another post that someone actually read a poll for top Italian restaurants in the U-T, namely Buca. Credibility is in the eye of the advertiser.

"60% of the time it works every time" - Brian Fantana circa 2004
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 08:50 PM

955 posts, read 1,429,045 times
See that's what I'm talking about! Really UT?

If anyone wants really good Southern Italy (Red Sauce) Italian food in SD, go to Lido's in Lemon Grove and get the dinner for 2 special Chicken and Ribs for I believe $24.95.

You get

1. Each person gets one plate of your choice Rigatoni, Spaghetti, or Shells
2. Each get 1 order of soup and salad
3. Garlic bread
4. BBQ Chicken and Ribs. and it's a lot!

You might think twice of an Italian food restaurant making BBQ Chicken and Ribs, but let me tell you, it is so good! The chicken is always tender with just the right amount crispy flavor. The Ribs are also very good, and the best of all, is that the BBQ sauce is distinct/unique and also amazing.

But the best of all is they have great pasta sauce. I don't like their pizza's, never have. Fillipi's is still the best Italian restaurant in SD IMO including it's pizza. So why hasn't the UT or any other food mag in SD talk about Lido's?

Oh...is it too "Causal"? Not fancy and hip enough to be worthy of a write up?

I don't get it. The best places to eat are hole in the walls that have been around for like 50 years. From my experience, the nicer, fancier, newer, cleaner the restaurant, the blander the food taste.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:54 PM

1,335 posts, read 870,556 times
Ron Burgundy's "Anchorman" Announcement - CONAN on TBS - YouTube

Old 07-17-2012, 07:42 AM

Please stop watching K.U.S.I. news! I was watching this morning and it is so blatantly obvious what their political views are now. There was a story about George Lopez bad mouthing Joe Arpaio of Arizona. The news anchors then went on to say that Joe is just doing what the federal government won't and that everyone loves to badmouth him. They make Joe out to be some kind of god or something. I personally watch 10 News and Fox 5. They both seem to be unbiased in their news.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 AM

955 posts, read 1,429,045 times
I'm right with you Bradleyyo. K.U.S.I is right wing, white trash news. A little too much American pride going on with military and border issues being there top priorities to focus on.

God I just wish they would go out of business and replace the station with something else. The station looks so cheap, with bad lighting and camera quality that amateurs in High School could do a better job at polishing up the news than the rejects on K.U.S,I. All there anchors are old, white, and tired looking. They don't represent all of San Diego today, rather San Diego of 1975, and are the worst news cast in SD. It's SD's version of Fox news channel.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:50 AM

246 posts, read 228,049 times
One thing I've noticed about the news broadcasts here (besides how often the news is on here - it seems like it's ALWAYS on) is that the anchors always interject their opinion of the story. Not once do I ever recall the anchors in Albuquerque or elsewhere doing that. I personally find it to be unprofessional for a reporter/anchor to do so on air.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:02 AM

Location: San Diego via Orange County via Toronto via Rome Italy
300 posts, read 214,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt518 View Post
One thing I've noticed about the news broadcasts here (besides how often the news is on here - it seems like it's ALWAYS on) is that the anchors always interject their opinion of the story. Not once do I ever recall the anchors in Albuquerque or elsewhere doing that. I personally find it to be unprofessional for a reporter/anchor to do so on air.
My favorite instance of that was a few months ago during the "Occupy San Diego" protests. Fox News's "hard-hitting street reporter" . . . the one they usually send to cover puff-pieces like the Del Mar Fair . . . was clearly flustered by the whole situation and wasn't sure what to do. The "savvy, experienced" anchor at the station finally told him to grab one protester and ask what the heck he was mad about.

He grabbed a student who complained about high tuition fees and student loans. The anchor responded in an exasperated voice, "well . . . .I have student loans too!"

Pulitzer-prize stuff.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:53 PM

16,666 posts, read 12,247,754 times
K.U.S.I is pretty big with the Chargers/fans. Maybe if the Chargers move K.U.S.I will dry up. Until then it appears that is a big part of their viewer base.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:26 PM

Im a Charger fan but I don't like K.U.S.I. They never talk about the Chargers on there that I know of. I read an angry review by someone who claimed K.U.S.I and the Union Tribune have a LIBERAL bias. I had to laugh because Manchester and the people at K.U.S.I are nowhere near liberal. I was hoping the reviewer was joking but they were serious.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:51 PM

75 posts, read 39,945 times
The two YouTubes below are my favorite local news "gems" for the past year. I don't care for boring news, so keep up the good work, San Diego. Stay classy and FUNNY!!! :-)

Fox 5 News Jetpack EPIC FAIL! - YouTube

Fox5 San Diego Sports Anchor Ross Shimabuku calls Danica Patrick a ***** - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego