U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 12:29 PM

142 posts, read 264,993 times

Advertisements

Encinitas is one great town, let me tell you. However, correct me if I am wrong, but Encinitas doesn't have a movie theater other than the La Paloma Theater. Isn't that right? I tend to like independent/foreign films, and the only place you get those are down in Hillcrest(awesome community) or at La Jolla Village(wonderful area, but a bit pretentious). Wish Encinitas had a movie theater like La Jolla Village for movies. I love many of the cultural aspects of La Jolla, such as the philharmonic, and the ballet, but I love the feel of Encinitas, from the beautiful Botanical Gardens, to the cool art shops and studios, to the classic Lou's Record Shop, it all has the classic California beach feel, which is VERY hard to find. I also get a kick out of seeing people drive the classic cars like Things and Woodie's around town. I guess taking the best elements from La Jolla and Encinitas would be the ideal beach town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 11:41 PM

1,705 posts, read 3,060,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vox View Post
Encinitas is one great town, let me tell you. However, correct me if I am wrong, but Encinitas doesn't have a movie theater other than the La Paloma Theater. Isn't that right? I tend to like independent/foreign films, and the only place you get those are down in Hillcrest(awesome community) or at La Jolla Village(wonderful area, but a bit pretentious). Wish Encinitas had a movie theater like La Jolla Village for movies. I love many of the cultural aspects of La Jolla, such as the philharmonic, and the ballet, but I love the feel of Encinitas, from the beautiful Botanical Gardens, to the cool art shops and studios, to the classic Lou's Record Shop, it all has the classic California beach feel, which is VERY hard to find. I also get a kick out of seeing people drive the classic cars like Things and Woodie's around town. I guess taking the best elements from La Jolla and Encinitas would be the ideal beach town.
It is a fact that the nearest movie mega-plex is a few miles away in either La Costa or San Marcos.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 AM

5,226 posts, read 5,424,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caterpiller View Post
I'm just curious where the locals would choose to live if they could move right this minute. If you'd rather stay right where you are, where is that? Why do these places call to you?
Since I'm going to be a local in probably 3 years, I think I could give my @0.02.

If I could live anywhere in San Diego county, it would probably be Carlsbad! Specifically, Aviara, the gulf course community. It's so freaking beautiful and everything is landscaped to the tee. Being a Floridian, you know I love me some green grass and landscaping. But Aviara is like the supreme of all. Everything is very TOP NOTCH from the trees to the grass to the houses. And it looks so fit and put together with the mountains and the suburban style neighborhood. Paradise I tell you.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:14 AM

41 posts, read 36,774 times
I love our neighbourhood. We are in UC. We picked it because it is very central and an easy commute for DHs work (or pretty much anywhere in the city), it is quiet and contains most of our needs. I loved Bird Rock when we first came here, but it is a pain to get in and out. Encinitas is very cute but a bit out of the way for us. Perhaps the east side of La jolla...? or the top of the ridge in Point Loma? I should imagine we would stay here and just upgrade.

Depends, could we not work too? If we didn't have a commute to consider my answer might be different.

Either way it would be coastal, no desire to live any further inland (I went out to Santaluz this summer and it was too warm for us). The weather is fantastic by us, cool, no need for air con, but we just miss the marine layer except first thing in the morning (which is perfect for walking dogs and keeping it cool at night in summer).

Old 04-13-2012, 11:16 AM

41 posts, read 36,774 times
oh and it would have to have no HOA. DH and I hate them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego