Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 11:37 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,346,400 times

Advertisements

Where were those amazing fireworks coming from tonight around 10pm in the Gaslamp/Marina? They were booming & lasted 20-min or so.

We couldn't see them directly from our balcony & it was very hard to identify direction (it was almost surround sound), so didn't know if they were coming from Petco Pk (although it looks like the Phillie's won, so I'm guessing not), if they were coming from the Marina (we could see reflections on the taller bldgs, but obviously, none of us would qualify for a Copernicus award ) or if they were in the direction of the Convention Center.

I've seen many fireworks here in 2010-11, mainly around the Marina, but never heard them this loud before. I searched online & didn't see fireworks as a local feature... so, can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 11:38 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,974,051 times
The Padres do a few fireworks nights. I think it's because their bats can't create any fireworks, so they want to show their fans what those are like.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
The Padres do a few fireworks nights.
Hiya Tony. Is that where the fireworks came from tonight? If so, next time, I'll have to run up to the roof of my bldg... they lasted a lot longer than I'd have expected.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:27 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,928,249 times
Literally, cheap smoke and mirrors to distract from lack of field product by the charlatan Padre owners (whoever they are) to pad their pockets (see also FoxSportsSD).

Old 04-21-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Literally, cheap smoke and mirrors to distract from lack of field product by the charlatan Padre owners (whoever they are) to pad their pockets (see also FoxSportsSD).
Oops, my bad. Didn't mean to unleash less than favorable feelings on local sports clubs. So sorry...

Was just wondering where/when I could expect the next round of awesome fireworks, so I could be prepared to be in place where I could see them, aside from their reflections on the face of the highrises across from my bldg.

I know nothing of any sport on any continent, so I'll just sit in a corner now & contemplate rephrasing my questions next time 'round.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:16 PM

1,029 posts, read 2,481,191 times
I found a web link to the schedule of Padre Games, and when there will be fireworks:

I cannot correctly post it, but if you Google Padres and look for schedule and go to promotions you can find it.

The next fireworks show is not until late June.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:22 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,928,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Oops, my bad. Didn't mean to unleash less than favorable feelings on local sports clubs. So sorry...
No problem - good to vent. And a fabulous weekend for the Pads against ace Roy Halladay and the Phillies. Kudos to Luebke, Hundley, Odog, Yonder, and the whole team.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:51 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,974,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Hiya Tony. Is that where the fireworks came from tonight? If so, next time, I'll have to run up to the roof of my bldg... they lasted a lot longer than I'd have expected.
Here's the Padres promotional schedule. You can find the Friday night fireworks on there.

2012 Promotional Schedule | padres.com: Schedule

If you go to the game, let me know. I'm always up for it.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy View Post
I found a web link to the schedule of Padre Games, and when there will be fireworks:

I cannot correctly post it, but if you Google Padres and look for schedule and go to promotions you can find it.

The next fireworks show is not until late June.
No worries, I see Tony posted it below (or above, once this is posted). A for effort, however, Mugs!

Old 04-24-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
Here's the Padres promotional schedule. You can find the Friday night fireworks on there.

2012 Promotional Schedule | padres.com: Schedule

If you go to the game, let me know. I'm always up for it.
Grande, thank you for the link. Might as well go to a May game since I'm a 3-min walk from Petco. From past posts, I think we live in the same bldg, or at least adjacent to each other, so I'll surely let you know. New friends are always good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego