Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 09:50 PM

8 posts, read 21,444 times

Advertisements

I might be purchasing a home in La Mesa but the closest elementary schools are probably the worst in the district. The district has a policy of Open Enrollment:

District Open Enrollment—EC 35160.5
Open enrollment is available to pupils whose parents or guardians currently reside within District attendance areas and to pupils who have otherwise established residence pursuant to provisions of Education Code 48204 or 48209. This policy allows parents to select the District school they wish their child to attend regardless of their school of residency, based upon availability. Requests for admission are based on a random, unbiased selection process.

But does anyone have experience getting a transfer within the district? How hard is it to actually get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 10:17 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Must be either La Presa or spring valley Middle!
From my understanding as long as you can provide transportation to a better school.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:44 PM

3 posts, read 7,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salissav View Post
I might be purchasing a home in La Mesa but the closest elementary schools are probably the worst in the district. The district has a policy of Open Enrollment:

District Open Enrollment—EC 35160.5
Open enrollment is available to pupils whose parents or guardians currently reside within District attendance areas and to pupils who have otherwise established residence pursuant to provisions of Education Code 48204 or 48209. This policy allows parents to select the District school they wish their child to attend regardless of their school of residency, based upon availability. Requests for admission are based on a random, unbiased selection process.

But does anyone have experience getting a transfer within the district? How hard is it to actually get.
Not hard at all. But just so your aware they all kind of suck.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:59 PM

8 posts, read 21,444 times
Actually, the house is closest to Bancroft and Mount Vernon.

As far as them all sucking, I was going to try to get my son into Rolando or Murdock. Both are extremely well rated and I know that Rolando is a California Distinguished school, or something like that.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:10 PM

3 posts, read 7,802 times
Quote:

As far as them all sucking, I was going to try to get my son into Rolando or Murdock. Both are extremely well rated and I know that Rolando is a California Distinguished school, or something like that.
If you want to be sure about the school, go over and request to talk with some of the parents. if they get you in contact cool. If not

Old 04-27-2012, 08:32 AM

9,526 posts, read 30,475,285 times
Rolando elem is very good , my niece went there. Murdock is also very good.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:46 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongrl2 View Post
Not hard at all. But just so your aware they all kind of suck.
Not True!
Northmont,Lemon ave,Murray Manor,Fletcher Hills,Maryland Ave,Rolondo
Are or were last year California distinguished school.

Quote:
What part of Bancroft?
The La mesa Mt Helix side?
Or the spring Valley Side?
If your going to be living on the La Mesa/Mt Helix side of Bancroft,Then Lemon Ave is a Great School!

Quote:
Unless you have a reason for going across town Check out the schools in your area 1st.
Their are 3 schools in your area near Bancroft that are California Distinguished schools.
Do a little research and you'll be fine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: