Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 05:31 PM

25 posts, read 50,139 times

Advertisements

City attorney Jan Goldsmith single handedly shut down all of the brick and mortar medical marijuana dispensaries in San Diego. Hey we're talkin' a hundred or more dispensaries who were forced to close. But wait...one brick and mortar dispensary remains open! And it's located downtown in the Gaslamp right under the nose of Goldsmith and the SDPD!! How does one dispensary get to stay open when all the rest were forced out of business? And don't tell me it's because the dispensary owner owns the building and the land it's built on cause there are many dispensaries that operated on their own property yet were forced to close their doors. Again, this dispensary is a walk-in, brick and mortar dispensary located just a few blocks from SDPD headquarters and Jan Goldsmith's office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 05:37 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,271,531 times
Thats strange. I am CERTAIN Faulconer and Chipman had something to do with this though...

Old 05-04-2012, 05:42 PM

Faulconer and Chipman had nothing to do with allowing one dispensary to remain open in fact Chipman is anti medical marijuana Chipman would like to wipe medical marijuana off the face of the earth. He considers pot to be a sin from the devil.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:48 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,271,531 times
So if Chipman is anti medical marijuana and Goldmsmith doesnt even see this right under his nose, what does that say about Goldsmith???
Why isnt Chipman calling out Goldsmith about this?
Or has he contacted him and Goldsmith is playing games?

Something isnt adding up here...

Old 05-04-2012, 05:52 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,311,390 times
Nope, there's another one still open. It's near the Arco station in Murphy Canyon. My ex neighbor used to go there, after all the others got shut down. Now they're becoming mobile, apparently they'll deliver to you with if you have a valid medical marijuana card.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Nope, there's another one still open. It's near the Arco station in Murphy Canyon. My ex neighbor used to go there, after all the others got shut down. Now they're becoming mobile, apparently they'll deliver to you with if you have a valid medical marijuana card.
Delivery services are not the topic of conversation in this thread cause city attorney Jan Goldsmith did not and has not tried to close them down and so they continue to do business and advertise in local SD publications. Goldsmith only went after the brick and mortar stores and he shut ALL of them down except for the one dispensary that remains open in the Gaslamp of all places. I do not know if the one in Murphy Canyon is still open, I cannot verify that claim. My friend went to that one back before Goldsmith started closing them down. It's near Walmart, near the Arco station, I think, mixed in with a bunch of other small businesses. She did not like the two big goons who run that particular medical marijuana store. If the one on Murphy Canyon is still open they're not advertising that fact which doesn't make any sense. The one in the Gaslamp has a weekly ad running in a well known local publication. Anyway, does anyone know why the Gaslamp dispensary is allowed to remain open when all the other 100 plus dispensaries in town were forced to close down? It does not make sense. What major loophole are they exploiting that allows them to remain open while thumbing their nose at, and giving the middle finger to, city attorney Jan Goldsmith? How were they able to avoid being burnt down to the ground during Goldsmith's firestorm? Are there any attorneys out there that can shed light on this mystery? It's as big a mystery as to the unknown reason why Junior Seau shot himself! Mysterious San Diego, oh my!!

Last edited by SUPERLESBIAN; 05-04-2012 at 06:58 PM..

Old 05-04-2012, 07:01 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,338,769 times
I wonder if people are getting their licence, and are back to using their usual source since the dispensereries are so far and few between. If they are for some reason detained and have marijuana on them, they can present the licence. I am sure a lot of people are growing too.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
So if Chipman is anti medical marijuana and Goldmsmith doesnt even see this right under his nose, what does that say about Goldsmith???
Why isnt Chipman calling out Goldsmith about this?
Or has he contacted him and Goldsmith is playing games?

Something isnt adding up here...
It's a little ridiculous to assume Goldsmith doesn't know about a Gaslamp dispensary that is owned and operated by an ex NBA player. It's better to assume of course he knows about it as you have to figure he has a list of dispensaries made up by his staff cause he sent ALL of the dispensaries a Cease and Desist letter. I would have to believe that the Gaslamp dispensary of note is on that list. But why did that dispensary not receive Goldsmith's Cease and Desist letter and if they did how in god's name were they able to avoid being shut down? Of course Team Goldsmith knows about this dispensary because he and his staff are organized, they have a lot of resources, because the dispensary of note advertises in a major weekly SD publication, and because Team Goldsmith's main goal was to shut all of them down, which they did, they achieved their goal of zero tolerance, total elimination, sort of. I say "sort of" because one brick and mortar walk-in dispensary is still open for business virtually right under his nose located just a few blocks from his office. This walk-in dispensary isn't trying to hide, like I said they advertise their business on a weekly basis in a major San Diego publication! Man, some people should be forced to take a test before they're allowed to post messages. This is why you'll never see my post count rise up the way it does for other people. There are way too many mentally incompetent people on the Internet who are a total waste of time to even consider interacting with. I'd rather be interacting outside anyway, much more fun and enjoyable as that type of interaction can lead to virtual intercourse of the sexual and social kind, which are two of life's greatest treats. Stay classy, San Diego!!!

Last edited by SUPERLESBIAN; 05-04-2012 at 07:48 PM..

Old 05-05-2012, 10:09 AM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
Thats strange. I am CERTAIN Faulconer and Chipman had something to do with this though...
That's what I was thinking. Anyway, the local one closed and all the scumbags ripping off the hood are gone with it

Old 06-18-2012, 04:11 PM

3 posts, read 8,231 times
not sure, but didn't they close most of the others under some zoning hogwash or something? it could be that this particular dispensary isn't in violation of any of the zillion regulations they used to shut down the others. maybe they are just legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego