U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 03:02 PM

9,538 posts, read 10,567,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
Have you been to CV? It's called Chulajuana for a reason.

Go to Mexico or a border town and you'll see what I mean.
Is it slow in The Hawaii forum
You have absolutely no ideal what your talking about,None!
Eastlake/Otay Ranch compared to TJ are worlds apart.We don't mind help here in the San Diego forum but please know what your talking about

I can guarantee this place looks nothing like what you've seen on Revolucion
http://www.coldwellbanker.com/proper...l&brandType=CB

Back on topic
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 03:13 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,852,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Is it slow in The Hawaii forum
You have absolutely no ideal what your talking about,None!
Eastlake/Otay Ranch compared to TJ are worlds apart.We don't mind help here in the San Diego forum but please know what your talking about

I can guarantee this place looks nothing like what you've seen on Revolucion
778 Dovecrest Pl Chula Vista, CA 91914 | MLS# 130024368 | Coldwell Banker

Back on topic
I live in California right now.

CV has it's rep for a reason. The waves suck, parts of CV are probably the worst in San Diego, and the border is right there.

I've been down there a few times and work 15 minutes away. Would never want to live in that part of San Diego.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:31 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,467,759 times
[quote=Pyramidsurf;31156759]I live in California right now.

CV has it's rep for a reason. The waves suck, parts of CV are probably the worst in San Diego, and the border is right there.

quote]

Sounds like he/she doesn't like the demographics. I guess that's a valid opinion. Its just too close to the border for comfort. Or maybe he/she is illegal and doesn't want to encounter border patrol.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:40 PM

4,630 posts, read 9,877,239 times
[quote=malcorub16;31157085]
Quote:
I live in California right now.

quote]

Sounds like he/she doesn't like the demographics. I guess that's a valid opinion. Its just too close to the border for comfort. Or maybe he/she is illegal and doesn't want to encounter border patrol.
This is the point I was getting at.

If its for the demographics then just say it. Its an anonymous forum.

No need to be PC about it.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:02 PM

9,538 posts, read 10,567,174 times
Quote:

There is no beach in Chula Vista only a bay front
The waves do suck in Imperial beach.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:32 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,525,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
This is good advice and it really depends where you work, I have familiy members that live in Winchester and work in Mission Valley. Its a 1 to 1 and a half hour commute each way. If you multiply that by 5 that is about 25-30 hours a week, that is almost a full weeks work. That is insane to me, there are much better ways to spend your life versus being a slave to the 15 freeway, including gettnig a second job to pay for a mortage in San Diego
There is a serious error with your math. It is 10-15 hours per week ( 5 X ( 1-1.5 X 2 )).

Old 08-27-2013, 06:52 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,852,881 times
[quote=shmoov_groovzsd;31157248]
Quote:

This is the point I was getting at.

If its for the demographics then just say it. Its an anonymous forum.

No need to be PC about it.
I grew up in Hawaii and my wife is half of the demographic you're talking about.

Your assumption couldn't be further off. I just don't like the area. Nothing more.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:20 PM

[quote=Pyramidsurf;31160091]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post

I grew up in Hawaii and my wife is half of the demographic you're talking about.

Your assumption couldn't be further off. I just don't like the area. Nothing more.
Was being general. Wasnt talking about any particular demographic. So your assumption of mine couldnt be further off.

But CV is certainly is certainly unlike Eastlake or Otay Ranch.

Understood. You just dont like it period. Eastlake or not.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:37 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,467,759 times
I think the "they don't call it Chulajuanafor nothing" and "practically living in mexico" comment rubbed people the wrong way.

Sounds like you work on the docks in National City or on Coronado Island since you work for the navy contractor. Do you car pool with others? The drive just seems soooooo long and do you plan to do it until you retire or is it just temporary. I could probably do it if there was some kind of light at the end of the tunnel but to just do it day in and day out with no end in sight would drive me batty.

I complain having to make that drive 4 times a year or so to go to family gatherings. Even my brother in-laws dad from San Diego says "what the hell you move all the way out to the desert for?"

Old 08-27-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I think the "they don't call it Chulajuanafor nothing" and "practically living in mexico" comment rubbed people the wrong way.

Sounds like you work on the docks in National City or on Coronado Island since you work for the navy contractor. Do you car pool with others? The drive just seems soooooo long and do you plan to do it until you retire or is it just temporary. I could probably do it if there was some kind of light at the end of the tunnel but to just do it day in and day out with no end in sight would drive me batty.

I complain having to make that drive 4 times a year or so to go to family gatherings. Even my brother in-laws dad from San Diego says "what the hell you move all the way out to the desert for?"
Thats interesting. We have another property in Murrieta that a relative lives in. We are up there 3-4 times per month.

I definitely would not commute from that Temecula/Murrieta area if I had the choice. We dont have kids and up there, its totally family centric.
One of the more redeeming factors are the schools in that area. That fact cant be ignored in relation to housing prices. There is nothing that compares in SD that does doesnt cost at least 3x as much based on that alone.

Life is full of small tradeoffs, but for some people the tradeoff and opinion to live there is probably in the minority.

As far as the comments about CV, this is an online forum, so when someone says "I dont like something" it doesnt seem that unreasonable to ask what more specifically it is. If I were reading it coming from somewhere, it helps to be somewhat objective.

But when the question is dodged and comments inserted like 'Chulawana' or 'living near a border city' its pretty tough to read between the lines.
Anyone could presume anything with comments like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego