U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 05:36 PM

3,116 posts, read 4,021,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
You might be interested in attending the "Carlsbad Cars and Coffee" meet. It happens every Saturday morning starting at about 7:00am in front of the Starbucks at the Carlsbad Outlet Mall parking lot. It's usually over by 9:30am so there's still plenty of time for the rest of your day.
I'm not sure if the Fallbrook version still exists, but they used to meet at the Sunrize Cafe, in River Village on Saturdays from 7-9AM. The Sunrize Cafe has a new name now - The Z Cafe - so who knows if they still meet there? But the official name of the group is the Fallbrook Rods & Relics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 05:43 PM

9,775 posts, read 24,203,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I'm not sure if the Fallbrook version still exists, but they used to meet at the Sunrize Cafe, in River Village on Saturdays from 7-9AM. The Sunrize Cafe has a new name now - The Z Cafe - so who knows if they still meet there? But the official name of the group is the Fallbrook Rods & Relics.
Thanks! We have actually met some very nice people from the Club. We took our old Vette to the Hot Summer Nites Show last weekend. Didn't know about the Sat am meets tho. It always seems like a great idea until 7am on Sat. morning rolls around. At least, it is close by!

Old 06-15-2012, 06:05 PM

331 posts, read 699,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Hey Thanks Axxlrod! Is it every Sat. am? We use to attend Cars and Coffee in Houston, but it was just the first Sat. of the month. How is parking to show?
Yes, every Saturday. Some days are better than others. Some days it's full of vettes or mustangs or camaros, and some days the ferraris come out to play. Although the ferrari guys only come out when the sun comes out. I guess italian metal rusts in even the slightest bit of mist, fog or drizzle.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:24 PM

49 posts, read 46,489 times
What part of Fallbrook are you in? Did you buy or rent a house? Sorry if I seem nosy, but I'm considering a move as well to that area so interested in hearing everyone's thoughts.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photogirlla View Post
What part of Fallbrook are you in? Did you buy or rent a house? Sorry if I seem nosy, but I'm considering a move as well to that area so interested in hearing everyone's thoughts.
Hi photogirlia....We just recently made the move and have been here 3 weeks. We are out in the Northern part of Fallbrook....Loving the area and the wildlife here. We bought, have 3.75 acres...it is peaceful, gorgeous weather. We have a wonderful breeze come through every afternoon that just can't be beat! When they say Fallbrook is "the Friendly Village", they surely mean it! We have been made to feel very welcome with everyone we have met. The town takes great pride in itself and gives off the very "home town" feeling. I don't think we could have found a better town to make our move too!

Old 06-16-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Yes, every Saturday. Some days are better than others. Some days it's full of vettes or mustangs or camaros, and some days the ferraris come out to play. Although the ferrari guys only come out when the sun comes out. I guess italian metal rusts in even the slightest bit of mist, fog or drizzle.
LOL...I'm afraid my DH is one of "those guys"....He is a huge car fanatic and we have owned many exotics. (including a Ferrari) If the sun ain't shinin' is isn't taking the car out! At the moment we have a 67 BB Vette ( red/black stinger) and 2011 V10 R8 Spyder (red). Both still have Texas plates, so it you see us, be sure to stop and say "hi"! Obviously didn't make it today, waiting on an ADT guy to show.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post

Just to confirm....Sunrize Cafe, is now the Z Cafe and yes, a group of car enthusiasts meet every Sat. morning starting around 7 ish till 9 or so. We met up with them this morning and seemed like a nice group of people, with some gorgeous cars.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:58 PM

75 posts, read 46,216 times
Congrats!!! We drove through that area yesterday on our way to a blueberry farm in Temecula. I actually commented to my wife about how beautiful Fallbrook is, but I wonder what the daily commute to SD on I-15 is like. I know lots of people do it. Enjoy your new home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Moving van has come and gone...and our address is now Fallbrook. Loving the cool crisp mornings and gorgeous sunny,warm days! (OK, this morning we have a bit of gloom, but we'll take it! ) The wildlife is awesome and we love the peace and serenity of the area. Can't wait to we see the last of the moving boxes unpacked and begin to really explore the area.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroSamuraiSD View Post
Congrats!!! We drove through that area yesterday on our way to a blueberry farm in Temecula. I actually commented to my wife about how beautiful Fallbrook is, but I wonder what the daily commute to SD on I-15 is like. I know lots of people do it. Enjoy your new home!
Many Thanks! I have no idea....DH just recently retired, so we are out of "commuting". We made the drive down the other day to go to the Zoo....Left around 8:30 and made the zoo is in less than 40 minutes, using the HOV lanes. Left around 3ish and was approximately the same length of time. I KNOW during commute hrs, it would be entirely different story!

Old 06-24-2012, 05:25 PM

75 posts, read 46,216 times
I'm sure you're right. We try to avoid rush hour as much as possible. Congrats on your husband's retirement.

[quote=ShelbyGirl1;24884622]Many Thanks! I have no idea....DH just recently retired, so we are out of "commuting". We made the drive down the other day to go to the Zoo....Left around 8:30 and made the zoo is in less than 40 minutes, using the HOV lanes. Left around 3ish and was approximately the same length of time. I KNOW during commute hrs, it would be entirely different story![/QUOTE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego