Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 12:15 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,737,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
Here is an interesting political map that shows the most conservative cities and the least conservative cities. San Diego is in the "Less Conservative Leaning" category with -0.36, while San Jose has -0.32 and Sacramento has -0.33. I found this interesting since some people assume San Diego is really conservative. According to this map it is less conservative than San Jose and Sacramento.

These are America's most conservative cities | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth
Thanks for sharing. I found a chart showing the same results that is easier to read. It looks to be a pretty solid list.

Daily chart: Urban ideologies | The Economist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
This is new news to me. San Diego City might lean slightly more liberal because of the higher diversity count within city limits and urban settings, but the entire county still feels and seems Republican to me. All of East County and North County, parts of Escondido, O'Side, Carlsbad, are all very conservative parts of SD. Not to get racial and stereotypical but this is the truth.
Don't you think that same rule apply to everywhere? The suburbs of Chicago, Philadelphia, Austin, Denver, detroit, etc are the same way.

And if you aren't aware, there are more registered Democrats than Republicans in the County.

http://timesofsandiego.com/politics/...-june-primary/

Perhaps if you moved out of your parents house, you'd know these things.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:24 AM

79 posts, read 150,879 times
California is overwhelmingly liberal. Is it too much to ask that SD stay conservative?

Old 08-12-2014, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrrtl218 View Post
California is overwhelmingly liberal. Is it too much to ask that SD stay conservative?
I like the way SD is now.....Mostly purple.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:30 AM

79 posts, read 150,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
I like the way SD is now.....Mostly purple.
I just hate how liberals bash conservatives like we are the plague. Is it that bad that if you work hard and make money that you actually want to keep it and not get taxed to pay for those who haven't earned it and you also believe in fiscal responsibility?

Old 08-12-2014, 09:23 AM

111 posts, read 181,265 times
Quote:
I just hate how liberals bash conservatives like we are the plague. Is it that bad that if you work hard and make money that you actually want to keep it and not get taxed to pay for those who haven't earned it and you also believe in fiscal responsibility?
I think the liberals on here are probably young kids who haven't really experienced life yet. At least, they sound that way.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:09 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoque View Post
I'm all for social liberalism (e.g., gay marriage) and the environmental movement to make our air and water cleaner.

However, our progressive tax system in CA is a ripoff and our gov't can't budget themselves out of a paper bag. We should have NO income tax since it discriminates against those that earn more money, and we should pay for our gov't spending with consumption taxes. This is the only fair way to tax the people and provide gov't services without a budget deficit. So far, the bureaucrats in Sacramento have SUCKED at all of this, so every one of them should be ousted.
God, I am so sick of reading this type of crap.

If a "consumption tax" were the best method to "fairly" bring in revenue, it would've long been implemented. But the solution is not so simplistic as you portray.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:47 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,062 times
Quote:
Right and Conservatives do the same with "Liberals". Why does the economy generally do better under Democrats than Republicans? I mean we had a surplus with Clinton then Bush came in and it all went to hell.

Republicans generally claim to be fiscally conservative but as of late a majority of them are either the exact opposite (George Bush) or completely nuts (Sarah Palin, Rick Santorum etc)

Honestly, I don't really have a problem with fiscal conservatives. My problem are with social conservatives who are really hypocritical most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b1 View Post
I think the liberals on here are probably young kids who haven't really experienced life yet. At least, they sound that way.
I'm 23. I am a millennial. I don't know if that qualifies as a "young kid". I am a centrist with views on both sides who happens to favor Democrats a little more than Republicans. I'm hardly a "Liberal". Watching Fox News all the time kills brain cells. I know it's hard to quit, but if you care about your remaining brain cells, you should get help immediately. btw, I don't watch MSNBC so don't try that lame accusation with me.

Last edited by aboveordinary; 08-12-2014 at 08:01 PM..

Old 08-12-2014, 07:56 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,062 times
Quote:
Thanks for sharing. I found a chart showing the same results that is easier to read. It looks to be a pretty solid list.

Daily chart: Urban ideologies | The Economist
Awesome.

Quote:
Don't you think that same rule apply to everywhere? The suburbs of Chicago, Philadelphia, Austin, Denver, detroit, etc are the same way.

And if you aren't aware, there are more registered Democrats than Republicans in the County.

Democrats Outnumber GOP in County as Early Voting Begins for June Primary | Times of San Diego
Yeah most suburbs are more conservative than the city they are near. The suburbs here are full of social conservatives. The city may not be but the county definitely is. I know there are people who claim that it's not. They're wrong. Look at the huge mega churches in East County and the pro-life billboards in East El Cajon. I think sdlife619 would like it to be less socially conservative. I agree too.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:55 PM

1,600 posts, read 939,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
God, I am so sick of reading this type of crap.

If a "consumption tax" were the best method to "fairly" bring in revenue, it would've long been implemented. But the solution is not so simplistic as you portray.
Then what do you suggest is the best method to "fairly" bring in revenue? I'm not sure what other fair options there are. Clearly an income tax is unfair.

Are you one of those that thinks the rich should be forced (with a gun to their head) to give money to the poor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego